Younique Moodstruck Stiff Upper Lip Stain

No Image

2.3

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I got a handful of shades from this line to review and have to echo what most reviewers have said. The colors that I received are all bright, garish and unwearable, and they also bleed like crazy while simultaneously drying out my lips. I hate everything about them. And at $26 a piece? I can't even believe that pricing. Any drugstore brand for $3-8 a tube will outperform these.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Junk, like most younique products. Very patchy and bleeds. Made my lips look dry and chapped when they weren’t. Younique is way overpriced and the products are of poor quality. Typical of a pyramid scheme

on 7/18/2017 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Feels awful on your lips and they are so BRIGHT it also bleeds like crazy. I was told to wear lipliner to keep it from bleeding and to add concealer over the tint to tone down the color. No thx. Too expensive to have to mess with

on 4/19/2017 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Eh it was ok but not worth that price for sure

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Another disappointing product from younique. This lipstain does not live up to the hype. Goes on patchy and doesn't stay on any longer that any other cheap lipstick. Super expensive for how this lipstain performs and how it looks on.

on 4/18/2017 8:48:00 AM

Super expensive for lippie that you have to wear lipliner with or it bleeds. Does not stay on like advertised. I will stick with my drugstore brand at 1/4 of the price and stays on

I am extremely shy about lip color. I much prefer a bare (with balm) or very pale lip. That being said, I decided to take a chance. I first tried "Skittish" (bold hot pink). It really did last all day, through lots of kissing my daughter and a couple of meals. I wasn't crazy about the color on me, so I exchanged it for "Shy", which is a slightly tamer pink. It shows up bolder on me than in most of the pics I've seen online, but it's almost slightly coral, which is perfect for me. These stains' actual color is really dependent on your own lip color, so that's something to bear in mind. The "Shy" stain also lasts for a long time (6-8 hours) before it starts to feather. I add balm or gloss throughout the day to make sure the color fades evenly, but it really doesn't start fading until quite a while later. My only nitpick is that I wish the applicator was a marker style instead of a doe-foot gloss applicator. I'm clumsy and have a harder time neatly defining the edges of my lips. Also, some more warm pink/coral tones that don't lean red would be great!

on 9/25/2015 3:13:00 PM

I have never been into lip products, honestly because they wipe off so quickly. I bought Youniques Stiff upper Lip in "Sassy" and I absolutely love it. Not only does it last 6-8 hours (I have tested this) but it doesn't come off when kissing, drinking, or eating. I am so in love with this stuff. It actually becomes one with your lips and doesn't show any imperfections. I would buy this over and over again. I am actually going to by "Saucy" next week, its a red.

on 9/25/2015 10:59:00 AM

Saw a lady demonstrating this on Facebook. Several years ago I used Senegence Lipsense, then quit using that when I got the lips tattooed. With the fading of the permanent lip color, I was planning to return to using the Lipsense, but when I saw this lip stain I decided to give it a shot. The colour I ordered is Sultry (a blue red). One coat is vivid enough for me, but three coats can be applied for drama. The one coat lasts all day, no smudging, no fading. To me this product is not as drying as the Senegence Lipsense, which requires the application of a gloss over the colour. Although it's not necessary to apply a gloss over the Younique lip stain, it is my preference to do so. Seven colors are currently available, looking forward to trying Sappy and Shy.