It Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation Full-Coverage Moisturizer

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation Full-Coverage Moisturizer

3.0

on 5/20/2018 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really wish this wasn't so heavy and greasy, because the color (Light) actually blends into my skin tone much better than any foundation I have ever used. (I usually use MAC NW20 Studio Fix Fluid.) But this feels heavier on my skin than my foundation, and it makes me look like I have a strobe light pointed at my face immediately after application. My nose looks especially bright, and this seems to magnify my pores (I have combination skin). I have tried to tone down the shine with MAC Blot powder... which seems to do the trick for a few hours... but if it is humid out (like it was today), here comes that shine again. When I wore this on cooler days, the coverage lasted a little longer, but it seems to slide off my face and make my skin look weird on the oily spots. I even tried mixing this into my foundation to improve the color match, but it STILL makes me look like I have a bright light shining off of my face. Like a previous reviewer wrote, I would NOT recommend this for people with oily skin.

on 4/21/2018 9:11:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

I love this foundation and just ordered my second tube via the IT website which gives free shipping on orders over $25. Bye Bye feels great on my combo skin, and color is nearly perfect for me. Little pricey, but well worth it for everyday use --- and I love that it has both tube and pump. I spray a bit of toner on if it feels to thick but brushed on this is a great medium coverage foundation without giving up the sheer feel of a CC cream. This is my first IT product and I know others rave about their lipsticks.

So overall I like this product. I’ve never tried IT cosmetics cause I’ve always thought it was geared towards “older” women and probably wasn’t that great of coverage. However my mom is in her early 40’s and tried a few of their foundations and I thought it looked awesome. Very natural, dewy look and covered without looking cakey or anything. However, I have mild acne with hyperpigmentation that I like to cover. Again, I don’t want anything that’s too heavy or cakey on my face so I decided this would be the best bet for me. Moisturizing, dewy, light but full coverage.

At first glance I was scared of the shade range, because I am very fair. The shade range for the “Light” color was super orange and NOT for me whatsoever. I ended up purchasing the the Fair Light because it was a good mix. I think the fair light MIGHT be a little too dark for me, when I first apply it for the first hour or so it makes me look a little too fake tan. Then it seems to oxidize into my skin color. I think next time I’ll just go for the “Fair” shade until I actually get some color on my face. Moving on....

Packaging is good. I love a good pump so I don’t end up using too much. The actual coverage is probably more so medium coverage, I don’t think this formula is very buildable, but I haven’t really tried to build it up yet. I use about two pumps on my whole face with a foundation brush and it gives me a good dewy finish with medium coverage. I use a little bit of concealer over spots I wanna cover.

The main attraction for me was the amount of SPF in this moisturizer. I’m only 18 but I’m very cautious about the sun on my face and aging. I think this is also a good moisturizer for the summer time. Not too heavy and covers a good amount. I’ll end up buying again, I just think their shade range is kind of weird, especially for us pale people.

on 3/26/2018 8:42:00 PM

I had to return this item because it was so so sooooo bad! Probably the worst product I've ever put on my face! It was pastey and cakey, it cracked in my lines and wrinkles. It actually made my skin look worse! I couldn't understand how they could have felt that this product was good enough to market and sell? They need to go back to the lab with this one.

on 3/26/2018 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I ran out of everyday TM and decided to give this a shot based on a SA recommendation and demo in store. I liked the CC cream but the color selection is limited and the whole line runs a shade darker than what you would expect. The SA at Ulta recommended this in Light for that reason even though I'm usually a medium or darker in other brands depending on the season. She was right the light shade matches well and I'm happy with it. It went on looking a bit light during application but after a minute it was just right. My daughter said that it looked like I just had good skin not good makeup on. There are more colors to choose from than the CC line especially in the mid to tan shades but not so much on the fair and deep ends of the spectrum. This is advertised as a full coverage TM but I find it to be medium with a one pump application. It's not as emollient in my opinion as the CC so you can build coverage easier however you would really have to be heavy handed to cover major flaws like a birthmark or severe acne. It does however do what a good TM should and gives natural looking coverage that evens out the skin tone and covers minor imperfections. As far as moisturizing goes I think this would be perfect for those with oily or combo skin. I have combo skin that's been dry lately and have to apply this over my regular moisturizer right now but once the weather heats up and humidity climbs this will work fine on it's own. I like this. It makes my skin look nice and is perfect for every day but if you're looking for full coverage keep looking this is not it.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

A little of this foundation goes a long way. I absolutely love this. My skin looks so good while I’m wearing it. I purchased from QVC and have gone to auto delivery while it’s on 6 easy pays.

on 3/21/2018 4:14:00 PM

Purchased this through QVC when they were running an easy pay option. It helped break the payments up which otherwise would have been very expensive to drop all at once.
I have given it a couple weeks and I can never get it right. Although I ordered it in light I feel like it has an orangie brown tint to it. It is also a very flat matte on my skin and just doesnt do it any justice. My skin always looks flat, if that makes sense. It also states that it is a moisturizer, although I haven’t noticed any difference in the way my skin feels.
I don’t think i will continue using it.

on 11/25/2017 4:08:00 PM

It's... ok. It's not as great as their CC, which is one of my faves. Also, the price is way steep. You can't buy in stores. The cream makes you look cake-y. Like with the CC cream, it can blend with other foundations to adjust colors. Makes the products better IMO, lol.

on 11/7/2017 12:01:00 PM

My skin is dry/sensitive. I live in Florida which has a high humidity in summer and dryer in the Winter. I did an extensive test with this product. Remember it says moisturizer on the label. I received this product just as the weather was beginning to change so I had the opportunity to test during high heat high humidity and cooler weather lower humidity. I used this foundation with a beauty blender, just fingers and brush on 6 separate occasions. Using just this foundation alone left my skin too dry regardless of the weather. Then I used Clinique primer and a moisturizer which was a little overkill - the moisturizer absorbed in about 15 minutes. Then I used just a small pea size drop of moisturizer. No matter how it was applied and the various techniques used, the final analysis is this is an overpriced product which settles into pores and provides minimal coverage regardless of how it is applied. I really don't know what the thought process was behind this except to say IT does an excellent job in their marketing and they do have a few decent products, but this isn't one of them.

on 4/4/2017 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Let me state up front that I am 52 years old, but blessed with good skin.

Bye Bye Foundation covers some minor acne scars and evens out my skin, which is about all I need for it to do, and it doesn't look heavy or obvious.

The Light shade blends well with my NW15 complexion, and holds up to oil respectably.
I wish this product were less expensive, but I'll repurchase unless I happen on something better.