It Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation

3.0

on 11/25/2017 4:08:00 PM

It's... ok. It's not as great as their CC, which is one of my faves. Also, the price is way steep. You can't buy in stores. The cream makes you look cake-y. Like with the CC cream, it can blend with other foundations to adjust colors. Makes the products better IMO, lol.

on 11/7/2017 12:01:00 PM

My skin is dry/sensitive. I live in Florida which has a high humidity in summer and dryer in the Winter. I did an extensive test with this product. Remember it says moisturizer on the label. I received this product just as the weather was beginning to change so I had the opportunity to test during high heat high humidity and cooler weather lower humidity. I used this foundation with a beauty blender, just fingers and brush on 6 separate occasions. Using just this foundation alone left my skin too dry regardless of the weather. Then I used Clinique primer and a moisturizer which was a little overkill - the moisturizer absorbed in about 15 minutes. Then I used just a small pea size drop of moisturizer. No matter how it was applied and the various techniques used, the final analysis is this is an overpriced product which settles into pores and provides minimal coverage regardless of how it is applied. I really don't know what the thought process was behind this except to say IT does an excellent job in their marketing and they do have a few decent products, but this isn't one of them.

on 4/4/2017 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Let me state up front that I am 52 years old, but blessed with good skin.

Bye Bye Foundation covers some minor acne scars and evens out my skin, which is about all I need for it to do, and it doesn't look heavy or obvious.

The Light shade blends well with my NW15 complexion, and holds up to oil respectably.
I wish this product were less expensive, but I'll repurchase unless I happen on something better.

on 3/18/2017 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I admit that I am quite gullible when it comes to infomercials. So this was the outcome. First and foremost, I have tried the cc cream from It Cosmetics and honestly, I liked it better. This is not sold in Ulta or anywhere else yet, GR has exclusive rights on the kits and if the foundation was better in quality, the kit would be a steal. On my oily skin, it did not even last 20 minutes. Then I thought okay what if I use a primer? Well, what good would it do for my skin if I am still using a primer which will act as a barrier and would not let this product be in direct contact with my skin and do its job? I tried using the powder on top but that even made it worst. I ended up with greasy and uneven skin! If you are oily, stay away from this.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Like many people, I saw the infomercial and was completely astonished. After years of failed foundations, I had to give this a shot.

I'm in my mid 20's and have dry, sensitive skin with dark circles under my eyes that are caused by a combination of working on my doctorate and genetics from hell. I get an occasional pimple, but my main concern is the circles and some acne scars on my cheeks. I wouldn't consider my face a heavy duty job for a foundation (concealer is another story).

First of all, this smells like green jello mixed with the cleaning products my grandma uses. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but if you are sensitive, be careful. It does disappear after a while.

It goes on nicely, and does have medium coverage. They recommend using the brush, but honestly it's absolute crap. I use my hands and blend with a Realtechniques sponge. It looks nice for a couple of hours, but starts fading immediately after. Primer seems to help only slightly.

The worst part about this is that at the end of the day, I'm left with dry patches all over. This stuff claims to change your skin. I may have been an exception, but honestly this is... not good.

I'm giving it 3 lippies because it does look nice for a few hours, and it definitely covers what I need it to cover. That being said, I won't buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I love Bye Bye Foundation! I was watching the infomercial and wanted to see if it really did all those things it said it did. It took me a while to get the hang of using it because the color did not match and I looked like a pasty clown. But, I was applying too much, a little goes a long way. My shade is rich and I am not used to a rich makeup in this shade, I use darker shades. Well, I'm glad I gave this a chance. I get so many compliments on my skin and I feel more confident because the make up doesn't look like cake. I have dark spots on my face from acne scarring, I'm 40 years old, I thought I was done with this. Another plus is that it is paraben-free, less stuff to aggravate my problem skin. Application is not messy and is quick. It is full coverage, so I am confident that my scars are covered. I have used so many makeup brands from high-end to drugstore searching for a full-coverage foundation that doesn't look too foundationy (I know that's not in the dictionary, but it should be),and have spent a lot of money over the years on my quest. I believe I've finally found the right one. I gave it four lipsticks because I had to play around with it before I found it worked for me, other than that, it would get 5.

Please do not say this is not 'makeup' or 'foundation'....yes, yes it is

I have read most of the reviews for the older age group of this product and must say that a lot of the reviews are NOT for the Bye Bye Foundation, but for the CC foundation which is totally different than the Bye Bye. Bye Bye can ONLY be purchased through It Cosmetics - not at Ulta. I spoke with an It Cosmetics representative who was visiting at Ulta one day who told me Bye Bye Foundation will NEVER be sold in retail stores - period.

So any reviews you read from purchasers at Ulta or other stores of "Bye Bye Foundation" are incorrect - they are reviewing the CC foundation which is much lighter and doesn't cover as well but is available is many retail stores. The Bye Bye is a wonderful foundation that truly covers imperfections and lasts all day. My only complaint is that they don't make more colors. Medium is a tad too light for me and Tan is way too dark. Even mixing the two colors is both costly and a hit-and-miss venture. I would recommend this foundation, though, as it is high quality although over-priced.

I tried this pain Ulta. I think it looks nice on, like a lot of foundations. It did cover the pores in my nose. However, it did NOT cover my Hyperpigmentation and it doesn't feel any different than any other foundation. It did nothing for fine lines.

I will likely purchase it because as mentioned, the pores in my nose were hidden. It also did not make me break out like many foundations fo. But if upu are expecting it to cover hyperpigmentation, you're going to be disappointed.

on 1/15/2017 5:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Please note Bye Bye FOUNDATION is currently not being sold by Ulta. It's only sold by infomercials (also be aware this purchase price may involve an auto-ship per thedermreview.com). It's also NOT a cruelty-free product, and for more info on that, please see my reviews under the CC cream.

Ulta carries many items in the bye bye line (redness, concealer) but as far as liquid foundation, it only carries the CC cream. Nearest I can tell from the ingredients list, there's negligible difference in the CC cream vs the bye bye foundation. It looks more like repackaging of the same stuff or close enough to the same stuff.

It doesn't matter if it's called CC, BB, foundation, etc. There is no regulation by the FDA on these labels and they're only used by the manufacturer's whim.

You also do NOT want to sleep in zinc oxide & titanium dioxide, as these are mineral sunscreens that can lead to blackheads if not washed off. There's also not enough sunscreen coverage in the foundation unless you put on a liberal layer and you must ALWAYS use a strong sunscreen underneath to prevent wrinkles, discoloration, skin cancer and looking like an old shoe in 20 years. Make it a daily habit, rain or shine.