It Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation Full-Coverage Moisturizer

It Cosmetics Bye Bye Foundation Full-Coverage Moisturizer

3.0

So overall I like this product. I’ve never tried IT cosmetics cause I’ve always thought it was geared towards “older” women and probably wasn’t that great of coverage. However my mom is in her early 40’s and tried a few of their foundations and I thought it looked awesome. Very natural, dewy look and covered without looking cakey or anything. However, I have mild acne with hyperpigmentation that I like to cover. Again, I don’t want anything that’s too heavy or cakey on my face so I decided this would be the best bet for me. Moisturizing, dewy, light but full coverage.

At first glance I was scared of the shade range, because I am very fair. The shade range for the “Light” color was super orange and NOT for me whatsoever. I ended up purchasing the the Fair Light because it was a good mix. I think the fair light MIGHT be a little too dark for me, when I first apply it for the first hour or so it makes me look a little too fake tan. Then it seems to oxidize into my skin color. I think next time I’ll just go for the “Fair” shade until I actually get some color on my face. Moving on....

Packaging is good. I love a good pump so I don’t end up using too much. The actual coverage is probably more so medium coverage, I don’t think this formula is very buildable, but I haven’t really tried to build it up yet. I use about two pumps on my whole face with a foundation brush and it gives me a good dewy finish with medium coverage. I use a little bit of concealer over spots I wanna cover.

The main attraction for me was the amount of SPF in this moisturizer. I’m only 18 but I’m very cautious about the sun on my face and aging. I think this is also a good moisturizer for the summer time. Not too heavy and covers a good amount. I’ll end up buying again, I just think their shade range is kind of weird, especially for us pale people.

on 3/26/2018 8:42:00 PM

I had to return this item because it was so so sooooo bad! Probably the worst product I've ever put on my face! It was pastey and cakey, it cracked in my lines and wrinkles. It actually made my skin look worse! I couldn't understand how they could have felt that this product was good enough to market and sell? They need to go back to the lab with this one.

on 3/26/2018 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I ran out of everyday TM and decided to give this a shot based on a SA recommendation and demo in store. I liked the CC cream but the color selection is limited and the whole line runs a shade darker than what you would expect. The SA at Ulta recommended this in Light for that reason even though I'm usually a medium or darker in other brands depending on the season. She was right the light shade matches well and I'm happy with it. It went on looking a bit light during application but after a minute it was just right. My daughter said that it looked like I just had good skin not good makeup on. There are more colors to choose from than the CC line especially in the mid to tan shades but not so much on the fair and deep ends of the spectrum. This is advertised as a full coverage TM but I find it to be medium with a one pump application. It's not as emollient in my opinion as the CC so you can build coverage easier however you would really have to be heavy handed to cover major flaws like a birthmark or severe acne. It does however do what a good TM should and gives natural looking coverage that evens out the skin tone and covers minor imperfections. As far as moisturizing goes I think this would be perfect for those with oily or combo skin. I have combo skin that's been dry lately and have to apply this over my regular moisturizer right now but once the weather heats up and humidity climbs this will work fine on it's own. I like this. It makes my skin look nice and is perfect for every day but if you're looking for full coverage keep looking this is not it.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

A little of this foundation goes a long way. I absolutely love this. My skin looks so good while I’m wearing it. I purchased from QVC and have gone to auto delivery while it’s on 6 easy pays.

on 3/21/2018 4:14:00 PM

Purchased this through QVC when they were running an easy pay option. It helped break the payments up which otherwise would have been very expensive to drop all at once.
I have given it a couple weeks and I can never get it right. Although I ordered it in light I feel like it has an orangie brown tint to it. It is also a very flat matte on my skin and just doesnt do it any justice. My skin always looks flat, if that makes sense. It also states that it is a moisturizer, although I haven’t noticed any difference in the way my skin feels.
I don’t think i will continue using it.

on 11/25/2017 4:08:00 PM

It's... ok. It's not as great as their CC, which is one of my faves. Also, the price is way steep. You can't buy in stores. The cream makes you look cake-y. Like with the CC cream, it can blend with other foundations to adjust colors. Makes the products better IMO, lol.

on 11/7/2017 12:01:00 PM

My skin is dry/sensitive. I live in Florida which has a high humidity in summer and dryer in the Winter. I did an extensive test with this product. Remember it says moisturizer on the label. I received this product just as the weather was beginning to change so I had the opportunity to test during high heat high humidity and cooler weather lower humidity. I used this foundation with a beauty blender, just fingers and brush on 6 separate occasions. Using just this foundation alone left my skin too dry regardless of the weather. Then I used Clinique primer and a moisturizer which was a little overkill - the moisturizer absorbed in about 15 minutes. Then I used just a small pea size drop of moisturizer. No matter how it was applied and the various techniques used, the final analysis is this is an overpriced product which settles into pores and provides minimal coverage regardless of how it is applied. I really don't know what the thought process was behind this except to say IT does an excellent job in their marketing and they do have a few decent products, but this isn't one of them.

on 4/4/2017 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Let me state up front that I am 52 years old, but blessed with good skin.

Bye Bye Foundation covers some minor acne scars and evens out my skin, which is about all I need for it to do, and it doesn't look heavy or obvious.

The Light shade blends well with my NW15 complexion, and holds up to oil respectably.
I wish this product were less expensive, but I'll repurchase unless I happen on something better.

on 3/18/2017 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I admit that I am quite gullible when it comes to infomercials. So this was the outcome. First and foremost, I have tried the cc cream from It Cosmetics and honestly, I liked it better. This is not sold in Ulta or anywhere else yet, GR has exclusive rights on the kits and if the foundation was better in quality, the kit would be a steal. On my oily skin, it did not even last 20 minutes. Then I thought okay what if I use a primer? Well, what good would it do for my skin if I am still using a primer which will act as a barrier and would not let this product be in direct contact with my skin and do its job? I tried using the powder on top but that even made it worst. I ended up with greasy and uneven skin! If you are oily, stay away from this.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Like many people, I saw the infomercial and was completely astonished. After years of failed foundations, I had to give this a shot.

I'm in my mid 20's and have dry, sensitive skin with dark circles under my eyes that are caused by a combination of working on my doctorate and genetics from hell. I get an occasional pimple, but my main concern is the circles and some acne scars on my cheeks. I wouldn't consider my face a heavy duty job for a foundation (concealer is another story).

First of all, this smells like green jello mixed with the cleaning products my grandma uses. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, but if you are sensitive, be careful. It does disappear after a while.

It goes on nicely, and does have medium coverage. They recommend using the brush, but honestly it's absolute crap. I use my hands and blend with a Realtechniques sponge. It looks nice for a couple of hours, but starts fading immediately after. Primer seems to help only slightly.

The worst part about this is that at the end of the day, I'm left with dry patches all over. This stuff claims to change your skin. I may have been an exception, but honestly this is... not good.

I'm giving it 3 lippies because it does look nice for a few hours, and it definitely covers what I need it to cover. That being said, I won't buy it again.