MISSHA M Magic Cushion

MISSHA M Magic Cushion

3.6

Water(Aqua). Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glycerin, Peg-8 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Persea Gratissima(Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Xylitol. Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Calophylum Inophylum Seed Oil, Bambusa Vulgaris Water, Cereus Grandiflours (Cactus) Flower Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Adansonia Digitata Fruit Extract, Oxygen, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg - 10/1 Dimethicone, Peg-8, Magnesium Sulfate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Alumina, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine, Silica, Boron Nitride, Peg-32, Dipropylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance(Parfum), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides(Ci 77499)

on 5/30/2018 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This review is for MISSHA M Magic Cushion Cover (NOT Moisture) in the white-and-silver compact. I bought this on Amazon, and I've been happy enough with it to repurchase a few months later. I have normal-to-combination skin, a slightly oily T-zone.

PROS:

1) It's very transfer-resistant once it dries. It doesn't come off on my phone or on a Kleenex if I blow my nose. Lasts all day until I wash it off.
2) The 23 color matches me. I wear NC20 in MAC.
3) A second coat on the cheeks covers my freckles pretty well.
4) Feels comfortable on the skin, not heavy or greasy.
5) Once it sets, there's no noticeable fragrance. (However, it does contain fragrance).
6) Contains sunscreen, rated SPF 50.
7) Cushion compacts travel well. It's a good one for my carry-on bag when I fly.
8) I haven't broken out from this foundation.
9) I consider it to be reasonably priced. I paid $13 on Amazon. Also available on Missha's website.

CONS:

1) It's not quite as good at blurring pores as Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet, Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue, Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation, Armani Luminous Silk, or La Mer The Soft Fluid Long Wear Foundation. I like the finish I get from those even without primer. I have run-of-the-mill, average pores but I like a perfectly smooth, poreless look. With Magic Cushion, I use primer.

2) After a while you have to flip the cushion.

TIPS:

Flipping the Cushion:

The Honeymoon Phase is when the cushion is freshly opened. It’s easy to press lightly and get plenty of foundation on the puff. After you’ve used your cushion compact for several weeks, you might notice that you have to press harder to get the same amount of product on the puff. At this point you can reach in with your fingers and turn over the cushion (which is basically just a sponge). You’ll see that there is a lot of foundation on the other side, good for many more applications. It’s easy to lift it out and slide it back into place, but it can be messy, so be careful not to touch your clothes until your fingers are clean. You can continue to flip occasionally until you run out.

Primers I like to use under M Magic Cushion:

Peter Thomas Roth's Pore Putty, Charlotte Tilbury's Wonderglow, and Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer.

Powder:

I can skip primer and powder the T-zone instead with MAC Blot Powder, but then the finish is decidedly matte.

Ingredients of M Magic Cushion (No.23):

Water, Titanium Dioxide, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glycerin, PEG-8 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Iron Oxides, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, PEG-8, Magnesium Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Iron Oxides, Alumina, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Fragrance(Parfum), Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Iron Oxides, Ethylhexylglycerin, Adenosine, Water, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Boron Nitride, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Xylitol, PEG-32, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Bambusa Vulgaris Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Cereus Grandiflorus (Cactus) Flower Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Adansonia Digitata Fruit Extract, Oxygen, Tocopherol

on 5/17/2018 1:16:00 AM

The colours are ideal for me. I am half east asian half white and to find the necessary undertone in European/American brands is a struggle for me. They offer foundations that is either too pink or too yellow. This one has this ideal mix of yellow and pink tones without being dark.

One reviewer wrote that humans can’t be that colour, well they obviously can since I have bought this cushion 5-6 times already and that’s ideal for me. Currently, as an alternative I sometimes use Lancome Idole Ultra wear and Chanel Perfection Lumier and I have to mix the two to get the colour of my skin right. Lancome stays put all day, Chanel lasts only several hours. Unlike the cushion which stays all day.

Shades are limited but if you are like me - east asian with fair but not pale skin - it can be an ideal foundation. SPF50 doesn’t hurt either.

Just to preface I have very very dry skin so i usually like a glowy hydrating foundation, but this is just a joke. This foundation transfers so badly that it is unwearable. And i understand that to get that beautiful glow from your foundation you may have to deal with it staying slightly wet and some transfer but this is a whole other level. It does not sink in to your skin one bit, you look like you smeared mineral oil all over your face. It gets everywhere! It looks heavy becauee it doesnt mesh with your skin.
Also the colours are just ridiculous, i got the lightest shade which has such a weird undertone of pinky/orange, it makes me look sick. I dont think and human is that colour? Do not recommend

on 4/13/2018 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love cushion foundations and I really love the Missha BB cream, so I was so excited to try this. Sadly this was a huge fail for me. It covers great has a beautiful finish, but after about an hour on this looks horrible! It's in lines I have never seen before, it's stuck on dry patches, it's rubbed off in places, and looks cakey and greasy. I really wanted to love this, it's got so much going for it, the price, the fact you can buy refills, the coverage it gives and finish....but it just has absolutely no staying power on my skin at all. BTW I have combo skin. Plus, I also think this breaks me out, I always find a little bump or 5 after I wash this off my face.
I tried about 5 different times wearing this hoping I was just mixing it with the wrong moisturizer and powder, but I'm finally done trying it and wouldn't recommend this to a friend.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Let me start by saying I have light skin and no major concerns on my face, so I am not a fan of full coverage products, nor do I use them that often. That being said, I really like this foundation. It is very easy to apply, the cushion is super soft and slides like a dream, and the color I got (23) is a very good fit. I need little product applied, I usually dab the cushion twice for a full face make-up, it takes me only a few minutes and it has SPF 50! The finish is dewy and fresh, very young. I would say this lasts on me until the late afternoon, so no conplaints here. The shades are very light, since it is an Assian brand. I will try to upload a few pictures, hope it helps.

on 10/7/2017 12:48:00 AM

This is my first foray into the world of cushion foundations. I got this and a few other cushion foundations as a gift with purchase of other stuff from Missha on a recent visit to Seoul. On days when I need to leave home at the crack of dawn and have little time to do my make up, this cushion comes in handy. Just a few pats of the sponge and Voila! next to perfect super high coverage. This is great for super pale girls like me: Shade 21 that everyone here says is too light, fits my complexion like a dream. Bad news: that coverage doesn`t last more than 2-3 hours, even with setting powder. Good news: it`s easy to reapply and I always carry the compact with me along with a little blush to liven my look as the day goes on. Trick is to apply in thin layers: I mean, the coverage is so high, you don`t really want to overdo it anyway. For trouble spots, use a thick concealer (Laura Mercier Camouflage or Cle de Peau) that stays, and as the day wears on you would just have to put another thin layer of the cushion foundation. It`s not too expensive where I live, so I would consider repurchasing, just for the ease and convenience of use.

on 8/25/2017 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If not for the poor shade range (that isn’t true to color FYI) this would be my HG foundation.
First thing first, this is the most hassle free foundation I used. 3 sec and I’m literally done with application.
Formula wise even better- my skin feels like it got a boost of hydrating and cooling sensation.
It feels like NOTHING ON THE SKIN, yet manage to provide medium coverage, that looks so natural & completely undetectable!
It didn’t cling to my dry patches, like most foundation do (At awe!) and have extremely dewy finish. Oily skin types- Pre-warning.

Shade NO. 23 “natural beige” looks extremely ghostly on my light winter skin! (Nw20)
In traditional western foundation I think it’ll be more like NC10.

Kinda pricey ($14) for the tiny amount- 0.8 ounces you’re getting -Within daily use it’ll run out with less than two months.
Overall, If I could find my shade this would be my only one, HG foundation. Unfortunately, there isn’t. 😑

on 8/8/2017 11:23:00 AM

I am 27 woman and have light-dark skin. no.21 is little bit too bright for me, but no.23 is perfect color to cover my dark spots and to even my face color. I have dry skin and this cushion is moisture enough for my skin. I am using this one for a year. I really love it!!

This product was recommended to me by a random woman in the locker room when I noticed that she was using Cotz sunscreen (a sunscreen I used to use). She said she turned all of her female friends and relatives onto this cushion and that it was really wonderful. With such an endorsement, my curiosity was piqued so I ordered one off of Amazon.

Unfortunately, I ordered too light of a color (21) and the next color (23) looks too dark.

PROS: Good coverage if there's stuff you want to cover up. In my case it was a shade too light, so I used it under my eyes, like a concealer, and on the bridge of my nose and forehead.

CONS: This was my first foray into cushionland, and I found it messy. I could never get the puff completely clean even after watching YouTube videos on how to clean it, the product ran out fairly quickly even thought I tried to be economical and flip the sponge, and I couldn't even get the product off the little tray that the cushion sat on, it seemed to stain the plastic. But all of these concerns could have been overlooked if it didn't dissolve on my skin by the end of the day.

It did not last. It did that thing where it kind of falls apart on a molecular level so you can see traces/lines of it on your skin, and then you realize you have this patchy layer of stuff on your skin that everyone can see. If it had stayed the way it looked upon application in the morning, I'd repurchase, but it didn't have staying power so I'll be looking for something else.

on 11/16/2016 1:52:00 AM

This is a medium coverage cushion BB with a dewy finish. For reference I am NC 15/20 and 21 is a good match (slightly too light). It appears to oxidize to a fitting colour. Depending on how it's set, wear time is all-day (set with Innisfree No Sebum powder) with no noticable patchiness.

The coverage is customizable based on how much is put on the puff. I prefer a sheerer coverage but this BB can be layered to about a medium coverage. However, this has the tendency to look cakey if you apply much more than 1 layer and can look very visible on the skin. One sheer layer over primer makes my skin look poreless and very smooth without redness.

Packaging is practical, sturdy, adorable (I got the Line Friends bear version). Overall very decent cushion for the price.