L'Oreal Paris Hair Expertise Extraordinary oil Nourishing Mask Balm

L'Oreal Paris Hair Expertise Extraordinary oil Nourishing Mask Balm

on 3/6/2017 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I find it kind of funny when people complain that a conditioning mask weighed their hair down. Um... when is the last time such a product DIDN'T weigh your hair down. The point of a mask is to moisturize, heal and protect. Of course it's going to be a bit heavy!
That being said, I've found a new HG product in L'Oreal Extraordinary oil Nourishing Mask Balm. I have long and thick, straight hair. The roots get greasy at a normal level after two days, while the ends tend to get quite dry, especially during Canadian winters.
Although the instructions on the jar indicate to use it on washed and damp, towel-dried hair, I instead apply it to wet hair before my shampoo. I coat the hair from the middle to the ends, avoiding the scalp altogether. I leave it on for about 5 minutes before shampooing it out. I only shampoo once and concentrate on massaging my scalp while getting the excess of the L'Oreal out of the rest of my hair.
I know this is not what the jar indicates, but my hair has never looked better! Oh and the scent is gorgeous... I cannot stop sniffing my strands. :)

This mask did nothing for my dry hair. It coated my hair in a waxy substance and I had to use a clarifying shampoo to degunk it. I'll give it an extra lippy for the lovely scent though.

on 11/9/2015 12:38:00 PM

This mask is really good for dry/coarse hair but it can weigh hair down and make it look greasy if too much is used.

on 11/2/2015 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Love this effective but lightweight mask. I used to use Occitane's olive oil hair mask until they discontinued it and used to love getting compliments on my shiny black hair the day after I used it. I have been searching high and low for a mask which shows visible results - with no success until now. This is it - very affordable too, when it goes on sale. Occitane currently sells a similar "multi oil" hair mask for about $30 for the same quantity! I'm unemployed at the moment and got this L'Oreal extraordinary oil mask on sale for $5 - and I'm getting those compliments again!

on 9/19/2015 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This hair mask smells awsome! It's got 6 precious oils and some rose extract. Among those argan oil of course! It leaves the hair soft,shiny and with some volume! Love it!