Becca Backlight Priming Filter

Becca Backlight Priming Filter

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I get a sample of this base from Sephora. I eventually tried and like this, enough to purchase the full size. Even though I have oily skin, this base actually make my makeup last longer than it should. But if you're like me, you have to be careful not to apply too much, or you will feel extremely oily (glowy?) on your face, and I'm pretty sure you don't want that. The packaging is really really pretty, it's a frosted glass bottle (with a pump) that feels really heavy and expensive, hence the price.

I mix this primer with my Maybelline BB cream and apply it with my fingers. My skin looks very fresh and dewy once I apply the product. It doesn't look overly dewy though. This product does lengthen the wear of my makeup, I do find that it still rubs off on my chin but I believe that is because I put my fingers on my chin a lot which rubs the product off. I bought this during the Spring 21 days of Ulta Beauty and only paid $19 for it. I am starting to get low and I've been looking st repurchasing it and $38 is going to be a hard pill to swallow! My only complaint is that when I had it after a few weeks you could really tell the bottle is not filled all the way with product. There was a noticeable decrease in the product and I had been using it sparingly.

on 8/7/2017 9:09:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I honestly tried to love it and gave myself a full week to try it out in all possible combinations-with moisturizer, spf underneath, spf on the top, nothing, etc. Today alas the verdict is-this is totally useless for my combination skin:(

at least I bought it with a discount so it sliiiightly makes me feel better about wasting money:)

Anyhow, a detailed review:
i have combination skin which gets quite oily in the T-zone. Upon application, this makes my skin look somewhat glowing, not oily, and it DOES have a pleasant formula and it smells like Bulgari's Red Tea perfume:)

BUT although there were a few times that i felt my foundation stayed on a bit longer than usual (coincidence?), overall, i don't see any glow or any particular 'healthy look' as soon as I apply my makeup on the top (i am using Urban Decay Naked Skin). And within couple of hours, i am shiny in the T-zone as I usually am. I actually went as far and objective as to apply it only on one half of my face and unfortunately could not see any difference whatsoever...

I am still trying to hope that in the colder season, when i don't perspire like crazy on my face, this will make at least some positive difference to my routine but as of today i am quite disappointed in this product....

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Not something for dry skin.

It dries really fast, gives a beautiful glow as well however none of that will matter once you apply your foundation unless your using a heck of a lot of this stuff and a sheer foundation or tinted moisturizer on top.

So if your oily and wanna be glowy use this stuff and you'll probably like it a lot better.

Also makes my foundation look ugly. Just wanted to put that out there to get out all the anger I feel towards this product and its price tag.

on 6/12/2017 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This looks very beautiful on my skin and is very hydrating, but unfortunately it emphasised my dry patches and the fragrance irritated my skin! If you want something similar, try L'Oréal lumi primer, or Mac strobe cream. I have eczema prone skin and it caused patches of contact dermatitis on my cheeks.

This is a decent primer, especially for people with normal skin. I have dry skin and to make this work best for me I apply a moisturizer first and then this Primer. This Primer does give you a nice glow without looking glittery. People with oily skin might find this to be a little too shimmery making pores more noticeable. My more informational and detailed review is below.

on 4/30/2017 6:20:00 PM

I first purchased Becca Backlight priming filter a couple of months back and am impressed. It’s approach to priming is different than primers I have used in the past. I find it creates more of a light reflecting illusion rather than filling in the peaks and valleys of my face. It is effective, although for me, not quite as effective as a silicone based primer.

The primer is not a high velocity; it is actually fairly thin. Being as such, you do not feel it throughout the day and it applies easily and evenly. It provides a illuminating effect, with a spectrum of colors displayed across your face. While I would not recommend wearing it as a stand alone product, the effect offers a very nice glow underneath a foundation without looking like a disco ball. The pump is easy to use until you near the end of the product. I try and get all the use I can get out of a product and the design posed some challenge of getting those last drops out.

I have yet to purchase the product again as I am, after all, cheap and this product is not. I would purchase it again in the future. In the interim, I am trying out other primers.

on 5/29/2017 2:05:00 PM

I'm a little disappointed with this product so far but I'm going to keep using it with different foundations to see if I can change that. It is very reflective so I expected a much nicer, glowier, sunkissed look but I feel like it doesn't go on too well over my dry skin and sometimes it even highlights the fact that I have dry patches by bringing attention to flakyness. It also doesn't appear to sink in very well for me and as soon as I put on a foundation it seems to take away from any glow that it might have given me.

The consistency is very nice, very light and thin and I can imagine that for some people with normal skin that this would go on beautifully. It doesn't fill in lines very well - it has no blurring or smoothing effect it's literally just an illuminating primer. This is exactly what it is advertising I guess - but I do feel that for the price tag it should be giving you a wee bit more like other primers on the market do for this price!

It's expensive, so rather than leaving it on the shelf whilst I experiment with it I've found that it does make a nice cheekbone highlighter (I'm quite pale so it's nice and subtle) over my liquid foundation. So far my HG is my Hourglass primer that's a little thicker and more heavy duty compared to this but perhaps that's what I need!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I alternate this with Hourglass primer. I'm not sure why one needs a primer that illuminates only to cover it with foundation. Still looking for the perfect primer.

I love this primer; it primes my skin before makeup and gives it a glowing and dewy finish; I am pale, so this color, which is very sheer, is beautiful. I put Philosophy Skin Tint over it, and it looks great, I don't always need any other makeup. Worth the high price.