4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

I had to buy a primer for my crappy Oriflame mascara that didnt do its job as being visible enough, despite its name Fat Lash...but this lash primer does the trick. A couple of coats With this and my lashes gets volume and a Nice curl as well by only 2-3 coats of mascara. The lashes doesnt clump nor does the mascara take any color from the white primer, like getting sort of greyish. A good buy! I have the trial size, but I see of how little I have to use that its gonna last me a good while.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

It's nice, not life changing but a good product overall. I already have quite long lashes and I get a good amount of volume and length using just my hg mascara but this made me get that same result with only one coat of this and one coat of black mascara. A little bit easier, doesn't make me want to use this everyday but I'm happy I got to try it out.

About reviewer (110 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Relaxed, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I have been using Jane Iredale's wonderful lash primer for like 8 years now and love it. I have sensitive eyes and use only natural mascara. While picking up some Tarte lippies at Sephora this caught my eye. It's cheaper than the JI and so much easier to find locally. It's great! Lash primer completely transforms my fine, not so dense, curly lashes, and this did not disappoint. The JI primer takes a while to dry and so you have time to work with it, this however, dries fast and once it does it can be a little hard to apply mascara on top - especially with plastic bristles; more fluffy brush bristled mascara isn't as much of an issue. Other than that it is great and I use it every day. One cool thing I noticed is that this seals your mascara like nobody's business! It does not run AT ALL, and seems to create a waterproof effect on non-waterproof mascara, which also makes it a challenge to remove, even with my Clinique makeup remover balm. But jojoba/argan/any other oil does the trick.

About reviewer (93 reviews)

SkinOily, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Fine

3 years ago

Initially I did not have success with this primer. It seems to pull curl out of my lashes and did nothing to enhance my mascara. It just seemed like a very expensive, superfluous step. I have a super simple routine and unless there is a huge impact vs. money and effort, I pass on new products. I received a sample of a mascara which is considerably "wetter" than I typically use. I have hooded eyes and I live in a warmer climate which all lend to product transfer. And my eyes are really sensitive. To my surprise, this lash primer and the mascara I would usually not go for really give me a false lash effect. For reference, I have pretty long but very straight lashes. I typically go for volume enhancing mascaras. So, is this a must have? Paired with the right mascara, I do recommend it. Especially if your eyes are your best feature and you want to play them up. I also find this product extremely over-priced.

About reviewer (248 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

EyesBlue

1.0

4 years ago

I'm surprised by all these rave reviews! Sad to say, but I had a very bad experience with this lash primer. Background: I have super straight and stubby Asian lashes. The first time I used this product, I made sure to curl my lashes properly as to really test this product's impact. The moment I applied the primer, I watched as my lashes sadly flop down to their original position. I thought this must be a fluke! The following day I was determined to make this product work! Unfortunetly I lost the battle and returned it. I will stick to my korean lash primer that really works to hold in a curl!

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Medium

HairBlack

4 years ago

I used to think mascara primers were a waste of time and money, but then I received a sample size of this from Sephora and love it so much that I had to write a review. I like that the tube is white so I can quickly find it in my makeup bag. The primer goes on white and you will instantly notice how much it thickens and lengthens your lashes. The first time I applied it-I was shocked how thick it made the tips of my lashes. I only apply this to the lower half of my lashes and let it dry just a sec before applying my mascara (my typical mascara players are either Lancôme hypnose drama, maybelline the rocket and Loreal miss manga) When I ran out of my trial size and had only my mascara-boy was I sad. So I can say this is now a must in my makeup routine and honestly doesn't take that much extra time. The pay off is huge. I wish Tarte would make a literal exact mascara version of this.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

At first I thought this was useless. I've always had short, straight eyelashes and once I wore falsies I was like WOW, this is what it's like to have lashes! Without mascara you can't even see my lashes. I saw the reviews for this and bought it because I didn't want to pay 70 dollars for extensions and was immediately disappointed. I was going to return it because it made my mascara clump and my lashes spidery. But I tried it again and I waited longer and stuck to applying mostly to the tips and BOOM! Now I understand the rave reviews. Can't go without it now! Definitely worth every penny.

About reviewer (78 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

Is this an integral part of my makeup routine? No. Does it serve its intended purpose? Yes. The only other lash primer I've tried that I can compare this to is the Lancome Cils Booster, and that became goopy unexpectedly and thus ended my trial period. Opening Act goes on evenly, dries efficiently, and does not cause my mascara to clump. It gives my lashes a fluttery effect. If I apply it root to tip, it seems to weigh my lashes down, but if I only apply at the tips it seems to fare better. It plays well with my Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes mascara as well as other brands (L'Oreal, Buxom, Maybelline, Too Faced) To second a reviewer below, I also wear contacts and this product does not bother my eyes. I doubt I would repurchase this, though, only because it seems unnecessary.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

Prior to using this lash primer, I thought lash primers were gimmicky and a waste of time/money. I thought that I would need fake lashes to achieve the super long, thick look on my short lashes. No more. This lash primer is amazing. It goes on evenly and does not clump up. It is white, but it is covered up by the mascara. I let it dry for a bit, then apply my mascara. It works under any mascara and lengthens my eyelashes beautifully. My lashes look like falsies and are noticeable even from a distance. This is falsies in a tube for me and is worth the money.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Coarse

4 years ago

Really does boost length and thickness. I love that the ingredients are a little healthier than other brands.

About reviewer (95 reviews)

Age44-55