MAC Cosmetics Studio Waterweight Foundation SPF30

MAC Cosmetics Studio Waterweight Foundation SPF30

3.8

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5.0 Titanium Dioxide 3.1 Zinc Oxide 2.1 Inactive Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Silylate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Polysilicone-11, Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Litchi Chinensis Seed Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Triethyl Citrate, Laureth-7, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Dextrin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Polyglutamic Acid, Zinc Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499)]

on 11/3/2018 7:26:00 AM

I really love this foundation, it looks truly beautiful on the skin and doesn’t sit in my fine lines or look heavy either, you do have to powder with this though. My other makeup sits beautifully on top also, I tend to use my Hourglass Ambient lighting palette with this. It isn’t the most hard wearing so I don’t wear it as my everyday foundation but prefer it for special occasions as it photographs really nicely.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I was using Armani foundation, similar to this one, and though I liked it a lot, the shade was a bit brownish for my skin. Mac has a wide shade selection, so I use the lightest, with pink undertone. This is currently the best foundation I have tried. It is lightweight, it doesn't clog my pores, it lasts the whole day, it doesn't melt. I have no bad comment so far, I am happy I found a foundation I really like. In China, Mac prices are higher, so I rely on people to bring me from abroad.

on 9/19/2018 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My skin is always oily around my T-zone so when I was in the mac store, I got this foundation recommended to me for my oily skin. When i wear this foundation I look like an oil slick after a few hours, this is a real no-go for me. It also caused me some breakouts so I will not buy this again.

I am very surprised to find most of the recent reviews on this foundation are negative - I am absolutely in love with this stuff! I provides a light-medium coverage and makes my skin look naturally flawless. It covers redness and imperfections whilst still letting some of my freckles show through. It never looks cakey and doesn't emphasise skin texture. It has a dewy finish, but simply makes my skin look fresh, healthy and glowy, not oily or greasy as some dewy foundations can. It also wears extremely well, and looks great at the end of an 8 hour work day. I find it is best applied with a damp beauty blender. I also enjoy the dropper applicator - it is very hygienic and easy to use. The formula is thinner and more watery than most foundations, but it is easy to work with and blends well. I highly recommend this foundation for people who like a natural and glowy looking base. This foundation is truly 'my skin but better'! A+

on 5/27/2018 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

MAC foundations have always been exceptional in my experience, but this one was a dud. This waterweight foundation is too...watery. It has very little coverage, which I like, but it never seems to settle. It sits on top of my skin and slips and slides all around my face, even after it's been powdered. I dont wear very much, but it's visible and obvious. Another reviewer described this foundation as pilling when layered over other products, and that has happened when I've accidentally applied to much. It delivers a "wet" look instead of a dewy, moisturizing glow. I will not be be purchasing.

I tried so hard to love this.

I bought it in NC15 which matched perfectly for me. But the issue was my dehydrated skin and the way this foundation worked with it.

My skin drinks up foundations. So this easily settles into being matte AF on me. I have no idea why. It shows all my pores and textures that no other foundation has ever done to me. This is something horribly new I've experienced with this foundation. So back it goes. Which is sad. I want something lightweight with coverage. The closest I've found is the IT Cosmetics CC cream.

TL;DR: not for dehydrated skin. Your skin will drink it up and cause it to be a dry matte mess. I'm returning this.

on 2/20/2018 1:31:00 PM

I have fair skin and it is typically dry. I moisturize my face and treat it with a facial serum (soon I will be purchasing face oil as well) but since switching to this moisturizing skin routine I haven't struggled with dry patches. I bought this make up because it is water based, I really don't like looking as if I have make up on and it is very light weight. When I tried it at the store I was pretty pleased, it looked great on my skin and the color match was perfect HOWEVER day 2 of wearing this product I started seeing dry patches on my skin, specifically the top of my forehead, around my nose and my chin. Now its day 3 and nooo thank you. I am 4 hours into wearing it today and I just checked my face, now it is clinging to my pores and my pores are not even big. So I will be returning. Now to try make up forever water blend! Fingers crossed.

on 1/24/2018 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this foundation about a year ago and I remembered that I'd worn it a few times but could not remember specifically why I didn't like it. Today I wore it, without a primer, through an 8 hour workday. I put it on around 9 am and checked it out in a mirror when I got home at 6 pm...and it looked horrific. I generally have good skin and have a pretty fastidious skincare routine. This foundation made me look like I hadn't exfoliated or properly cleansed my skin in a few days. There was caking around my nose, mouth and chin, and on my cheeks close to my nose the foundation had settled in every pore. also looked flaky, which is odd. This is one of the worst foundations for my skin I have tried. I believe when I wore it previously when I initially bought it I t tried experimenting with different moisturizers and primers underneath. This literally looked like it was sliding off my face. I do realize foundations react differently on different skin types. Originally, I thought this was for dry skin but I read somewhere that MAC had made the claim that it was actually oil-controlling. I wonder if this is perhaps actually better for dry skins.

I had purchased this because it reminded me a little of Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua and I love medium-to-sheer foundations. On a positive note, this foundation does have an SPF 30, and once applied initially it does look very nice and glowy. It probably wears well for a couple of hours.I also liked the packaging with the dropper. I wear NC15 and the shade looked nice, but I just don't think this behaves well on skin that tends to be oily. For reference I had set it with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I really really really wanted to like this product. When I first got this a year ago, the MUA recommended this when I asked for something with light to medium coverage that works for dry skin to replace the more expensive Chanel Vitalumiere.

First, she recommended this to me and in a much lighter shade (I'm NC 25-30 but she insisted that I buy NC20 cos it would brighten my skin). I bought it since it looked ok in the store and she convinced me that this shade is just right for me as it will oxidise as it set. She also said I can layer on if I wish to have more coverage. I tried it on again at home and the shade was just not right so I nv wore it for a full day.

Fast forward one year and I am down to NC25 so I decided to give this another shot. Here're the pros and cons:

Pros:
Brightens up the skin
Easy application with fingers
Dries quickly if a thin layer is applied
Nice packaging

Cons:
Slides off the face in a couple of hours despite using loose powder
Did not oxidise so it still made me look super pale
Cystic acne came up after using this for 2 consecutive days (nope, it wasn't Aunt Flo)
Foundation did not sit well with various sunscreens and some pilling occurred
Tried layering but more pilling occurred
Emphasised dryness and enlarged pores when this was applied on drier skin days (isn't this supposed to be for dry skin?!)

Till today, I'm still looking a cheaper alternative to my Vitalumiere. If anyone has any recommendations for moisturising and medium coverage foundations, please ping me.

on 11/14/2017 5:36:00 PM

First off, went to Macy’s to find a medium to high coverage foundstion, and this is what the lady gave me because of my combination skin...WHAT A LIE!!
Let’s starts with coverage. This coverage is a B.B. cream. Light to sheer coverage, itll cover some forms of redness but any pores, fine lines, texture, scarring, brown spots, etc, (basically your skin) will not be covered whatsoever.
If you have already perfect skin that needs zero coverage, I guess this would be perfect. Then again why waste almost $40 on something you don’t need?

Lasting power was horrendous. Never thought this stuff would disappoint me so much. After 5 different attempts of wearing this with Benefit porefessionl Primer, Ulta face Primer, spray Hard Candy Cocoanut water face Primer, and no Primer at all, this stuff would not stay. After about 4-5 hours it pretty much slide off my nose and the sides of it making my pores all near my nose look magnified and dried out, not to mention caked on. Overall, my pores lookee huge, magnified, and clung to my under eyes. It made me seem like I was a 50 year old woman wearing cakey foundation. I’m only 22 and have some mild acne/scarring but my golly MAC.
Plus I broke out in places I never really have with this. It felt so cakey and looked so heavy on my skin. :(

The finish is watery (NO DUH!) after application, but after a good 20-40 min it turns powedery/Satin like.

Just wish this worked. I was so sad.

If you like foundation that makes your skin look awful, emphasizes everything you don’t want, buy this.

PS this is the EXACT same formula as Smashboxs’ BB cream.

Hey Mac, don’t sell foundstion that has the same last and coverage as a B.B. cream and then sel the B.B. cream for even more money. rip off.

Will be returning after 6 different tries aka let downs.

Skin shade: Fair. Bought (NW13)
Skin type: Combination/Flakes around nose/Drier in the winter