MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation SPF30

MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation SPF30

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5.0 Titanium Dioxide 3.1 Zinc Oxide 2.1 Inactive Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Silylate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Polysilicone-11, Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Litchi Chinensis Seed Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Lactate, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Triethyl Citrate, Laureth-7, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Dextrin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Polyglutamic Acid, Zinc Stearate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydroacetate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499)]

on 11/14/2017 5:36:00 PM

First off, went to Macy’s to find a medium to high coverage foundstion, and this is what the lady gave me because of my combination skin...WHAT A LIE!!
Let’s starts with coverage. This coverage is a B.B. cream. Light to sheer coverage, itll cover some forms of redness but any pores, fine lines, texture, scarring, brown spots, etc, (basically your skin) will not be covered whatsoever.
If you have already perfect skin that needs zero coverage, I guess this would be perfect. Then again why waste almost $40 on something you don’t need?

Lasting power was horrendous. Never thought this stuff would disappoint me so much. After 5 different attempts of wearing this with Benefit porefessionl Primer, Ulta face Primer, spray Hard Candy Cocoanut water face Primer, and no Primer at all, this stuff would not stay. After about 4-5 hours it pretty much slide off my nose and the sides of it making my pores all near my nose look magnified and dried out, not to mention caked on. Overall, my pores lookee huge, magnified, and clung to my under eyes. It made me seem like I was a 50 year old woman wearing cakey foundation. I’m only 22 and have some mild acne/scarring but my golly MAC.
Plus I broke out in places I never really have with this. It felt so cakey and looked so heavy on my skin. :(

The finish is watery (NO DUH!) after application, but after a good 20-40 min it turns powedery/Satin like.

Just wish this worked. I was so sad.

If you like foundation that makes your skin look awful, emphasizes everything you don’t want, buy this.

PS this is the EXACT same formula as Smashboxs’ BB cream.

Hey Mac, don’t sell foundstion that has the same last and coverage as a B.B. cream and then sel the B.B. cream for even more money. rip off.

Will be returning after 6 different tries aka let downs.

Skin shade: Fair. Bought (NW13)
Skin type: Combination/Flakes around nose/Drier in the winter

I love this foundation! I am a teenager with pretty typical teenage skin - combo/oily with a few spots every now and then but nothing that is a massive issue.
I've been struggling for so long to find a perfect foundation - I wanted something lightweight and natural looking with more coverage than a BB cream or tinted moisturiser but not so much that I needed bronzer, blush etc etc to look alive. This foundation is perfect!
It covers my redness and uneven patches while being light enough to look like my natural skin. I do find that I have to set it with powder, as it is quite dewy, but it gives such a gorgeous finish that I don't mind that extra step. It manages to give that 'glowy' look without being oily or sparkly, and is perfect in summer. I have this in my summer shade (N35), but because it is so light I can use a small amount blended out well in winter, when my usual winter shade is N25. Somehow it still manages to cover everything that needs to be covered, and match my skin tone pretty well.

on 9/28/2017 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I ordered this foundation, and it arrived on Friday before my son's wedding rehearsal on Saturday. I had been curious about it, but was not sure, really, if it would work for me or not.( BTW, I am not a fan of F&B.) The day came, and it was 90 degrees in Ohio during the rehearsal. I applied this over UD primer (the pink one) and crossed my fingers. The coverage was smooth, even, more of a natural coverage than matte or radiant. NW20 was the shade I ordered, being light and pink. It does oxydize a bit, but it's not dramatic. It floated over my large pores and crevices with a beautiful light coverage, and a bit more on the cheek area did exactly what I wanted. I dusted a bit of KatVonD lock-it powder over top, which I received in a subscription box. I liberally sprayed with UD Chill, and although I was sweating and my hair totally fell, my makeup looked great. I wore it the next day for the outdoor wedding, with the same prep and finishing. Color me impressed! I can't wait to see how it works with my Julep Illuminating Primer, but that will have to wait until this dreadful heat has exited, stage left.

on 10/22/2017 5:58:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Deleted my initial review for this foundation and decided to write a new, updated review entirely. Since my skin has been pretty clear lately, I was looking for a lighter coverage foundation. I also found that the matte finish, long wear foundations (ie. EL DW, Tarte Amazonian Clay mousse, Revlon Colorstay) I normally wear have been looking very cakey on my skin and I wanted something more light weight and natural-looking. Initially I didn't like this makeup as I thought it felt and looked too greasy on my skin. However after reading so many positive reviews from people with all different skin types, I decided to give this foundation another shot and after experimenting with application methods, (tip: if you're having a hard time with application, try watching youtube application videos for this foundation) I found that it applied and looked beautiful. I have very fickle, oily-combo-dehydrated skin so it is difficult for me to find a foundation that works well. For reference, color-wise I am fair-light neutral-cool, 115 Ivory in MUFE HD, Ecru in EL DW. I ordered both NC and NW15 in this foundation and found that the NC15 looked way better, the NW15 had a slightly orangy-pasty look that didn't look good on me even though I lean cool. NC20 was way too dark and yellow for my particular skin tone.

Pros and tips:
-I love the natural-satin finish as it does not cake up on my oily-dehydrated t-zone and looks incredibly skin-like
-One layer of foundation will give light coverage, and two will give light-medium coverage which is perfect as I no longer wanted a foundation with medium-full coverage
-Coverage is enough to even out skin tone without it looking like you are wearing a mask, in fact when applied properly it hardly looks like you're wearing makeup. I checked it out in an outdoor mirror in bright sunlight yesterday and my face looked beautiful, even-toned but without any trace of a mask-like appearance
-Applies smoothly and evenly. As an application tip, I like to dab it on my t-zone and then blend it in by dabbing with a beautyblender. Since my t-zone is oily with large pores, but at the same time dehydrated, this method avoids "micro-exfoliation" which is what causes dehydrated skin to look flakey and it also avoids wiping away the primer I use underneath.
-I smooth the rest of the foundation onto my cheeks with my fingers or a tightly packed synthetic foundation brush (I use the Real Techniques foundation brush which is a great inexpensive brush) and then blend with this brush or a beautyblender. This allows the foundation to really "meld" with the skin and takes away the sheen that was what made me dislike this makeup when I first tried it out. Then you can do a second layer.
-Read on a blogpost that this makeup looks even better when used with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural pressed powder, and also saw on youtube - the girl's skin looked phenomenal when she used this as a setting powder. Being the makeup junkie that I am I went ahead and bought the Mineralize Skinfinish in Light Plus and it really looks beautiful with this makeup. It adds a little extra coverage and gives a beautiful, healthy satin finish that mattes slightly without looking the least bit heavy or cakey. That being said, you certainly do not need both products (I know they are both pricey) for this makeup to look good, but a setting and/or finishing powder is needed for this to last and not transfer
-Did NOT oxidize at all for me which is a huge plus! For some reason, even with a primer SO many foundations oxidize on my skin.
-Pretty glass bottle and I like the dropper. Make sure to shake before applying.

Cons (why I look off one lippie):
-Lasting power could be better. I work a full time job and at the end of my 8 hour shift it no longer looked freshly applied and my skin looked a little flaky. The flakiness could be attributed to me over-powdering throughout the day, though. I find that there is a trade-off with foundation; those with good lasting power tend to be cakier and have heavier coverage and those with a natural finish tend not to last as long
-Didn't really control oil breakthrough, but again this is a trade-off for a more natural finish. Even with oil-control foundations, I still have to blot throughout the day so it didn't really make much of a negative difference for me.
-A setting and/or finishing powder is necessary for lasting power and to avoid transfer, but I use both regardless so again this isn't really a con for me personally
-Application can be a little tricky, at least for my finicky skin. Takes a little while to apply, for me it's defiantly not a "slap on and go," makeup, but I'm sure with practice application will get easier and faster.

Overall, I really enjoy this foundation. **It has to be said: if you have either dry or normal skin this foundation is a yes. If you have oily or combo skin but you are looking for a natural, light-medium finish this foundation is a yes. If, however, you are looking for med-full coverage or a matte finish foundation this makeup is not for you**

One other thing to be noted: Smashbox Camera Ready BB Water is literally the exact same product at a higher price.

on 10/3/2017 10:58:00 PM

Loving this! I'm 47, combo skin, and just really HATE foundation, I just really do. I don't have acne or acne scars, and have always used high end powder foundations like Lancome or Bobbi Brown, or BB creams/ tinted moisturizers from Boots No7, TheBalm, Pixi etc, and while I still like those, I am always trying to find an actual foundation(for better longevity/wear time) that I don't hate, and toss out after 2 weeks lol.. I had this applied on me last week at the new MAC counter, at my local Ulta and I fell in love! The SA applied it with the OMG Airbrush Foundation brush from IT Cosmetics, and it looked so amazing I bought the brush too(brush is $25 @Ulta) ... It just is an amazing foundation that's so light weight, has a light/medium satin finish, and just glides over the skin like silk... It's $35, and well worth it!

I like this foundation for day time only. Its a natural finish. You got to set it with powder for sure. Its 8 houre wear I would say. Not kiss and sex proof.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I'll start off by saying that I hate the bottle that this is in. The top unscrews by itself and lifts up. If it is in my makeup bag, laying sideways, it will unscrew and you can guess what happens from there. With that being said, I love this foundation. It's the first foundation I've used in years other then tinted moisturizers. I like that it doesn't give me the feeling of being a completely different person when I wash this off. It's medium coverage. Love the smooth formula, the consistency makes it easy to apply powder, bronzer and blush over it. Just make sure to wash it off at night for you don't want to have a breakout. I haven't had any issues with breaking out other then not washing it off once or twice before bed. I got mine at the Cosmetics Company Outlet. Try there first.

on 9/8/2017 4:17:00 PM

I bought it because I really needed a new foundation but now it sits on the shelf. I cannot use this product, it gives me horrible acne. The first time I used it I just ignored the bumps, telling myself it was coincidence and it had nothing to do with this foundation. But after using it 3 days in a row it was impossible to ignore; the pimples were HUGE! Such a shame, it gives a nice no-make-up finish and the colour (NC15) matched my skin tone so well. I don't know what ingredient causes the acne, but this is the second MAC foundation that causes breakouts. Maybe my skin is just too sensitive.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was color matched to NC15 - I'm fair yellow/olive/neutral. It was a pretty good match and had decent coverage.

The finish is really pretty in the parts of my face that have normal skin - satiny and skin-like. On my big nose pores it did slip into them some. It was a bit flaky over a couple of pimples. It didn't accentuate lines.

It didn't hold up well on the oily parts of my face, even when set there with powder. Within 5 hours it was sliding around all over my nose. I didn't have a chance to use setting spray, just applied in store.

Pretty nice if you have normal skin, I don't.

on 9/7/2017 7:17:00 AM

I am so happy that his foundation has spf so I don't have to be all over looking for a SPF sunscreen that works with my foundations the product blends well into my skin but since I have oily skin it leaves a sticky feeling after the application and when I finish it with the prep+prime fix+ it just makes my skin even stickier. I still have to play around with it because during winter my skin tents to be a bit drier and hydrating foundations do work well on my skin.
I use a brush to applicate the product but you have to work quickly and blend it evenly because if you wait too much the foundation sets and gets really hard to blend.
About the price, I think it is a bit expensive since in Spain it costs 33€ and with that price I can get other foundations from high rated brands like dior for the same prize.

I'm gonna fo an update about this foundation during winter time and see how it has worked for me.