Antipodes - Organic Divine Face Oil

No Image

3.3

Thi oil is amazing! I don't know how it has a negative rating. I've only just started using it but it's already taken the redness down and helped my cystic acne skin. My make up goes on better ie not scaly anymore. I think though before you buy the product ask yourself if you are someone that can't stand waiting for oil to be absorbed into your face, if so don't get an oil based serum get the hosanna water based one if you have dry skin

on 3/28/2017 5:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is a lovely-smelling product, and I loved it for a couple of days, but then it began to irritate my skin. I have re-read the ingredients list and read up on benzoyl salicylate. There is strict regulation in Europe about the use of this product in skincare as it is a very common and well-known cause of skin irritation. It is used to add a floral fragrance (which shouldn't be necessary in products containing floral essential oils) and to absorb UV light. (Don't we want to keep UV light away from our skin???) I am a bit surprised that a natural, "organic" company would take the risk to use this ingredient.

on 9/9/2015 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Antipodes Divine Face Oil is a blend of Avocado, Macadamia, Jojoba and Rose Hip oils, although it is advertised as containing mainly avocado and rosehip. It's high in omega fatty acids. It has a light fruity floral scent with slight bitterness like avocado cooking oil, which might be a bit off putting. The scent is not overpowering and you can't smell it on yourself later. The consistency is oily and it is a yellowy green colour. It has an eye dropper for distributing small amounts cleanly.

A pharmacist recommended I try oils because my skin was dry and acne prone. Oils apparently seal moisture into the skin and can help cleanse it. I was given samples of two brands to try for a fortnight and this was the one I loved, although I have since dabbled in others.

I've been using Divine Face Oil for about 4 years. It makes my skin soft. It looks smooth and has a glow, not dry at all. I've had occasional premenstrual acne but any scaly dry skin or small patches of eczema are cleaned up overnight. I use a couple of drops on my face and decollatage twice a week. It has been good to help eczema on my hands. The rest of the time I use a moisturiser/cleanser etc. Sometimes I use a few drops to seal moisture into my hair, which is 3b curly, and it hasn't made my hair a greasy wreck. Other oils recommended for thick super curly hair have been too greasy (e.g. coconut, argan).

I have tried three other "rosehip" oils on the New Zealand market (Trilogy Rosehip Oil Antioxidant Plus, Evolu Rosehip Oil Certified Organic and Sukin) and Antipodes is my favourite, although Evolu and Trilogy have their merits. I think it is because Antipodes seems to soak into my skin readily rather than just coat it and make it shiny. I'm not saying it doesn't make my skin greasy, just less greasy. The greasiness goes away overnight. My skin is more moisturised on this brand. These other brands do not contain avocado oil to my knowledge which may be the difference. I've no major breakouts of acne or dryness on any of the other brands - they are still good choices.

This product costs NZ $31.50(Healthpost)-$36(Farmers), it is 2/3 the price of the Antipodes serums which range from NZ$50-69. Evolu Rosehip Oil (NZ$29.99) and Trilogy ($35.90) are similarly priced to Antipodes Divine Face Oil, while Sukin is the cheaper ($23.99).

I'm considering trying Antipodes Apostle Serum next as I really like Divine Face Oil as I'm worried I'm starting to show some age.

I bought this when it was half price on sale after my beloved bottle of 100% Rosehip oil ran out. I saw this, which had other oils including macadamia but mainly avacado oil in it and thought that this might be even better than just Rosehip oil on my combo, acne-prone, dull looking skin. I WAS WRONG! A week after using this every night I started getting so many under the skin cystic acne on my forehead and cheeks. Which, since changing all my cosmetics to all natural skincare last year I literally havn't had more than one or two hormonal pimples. Three weeks later using this oil and I thankfully forgot it on holiday and my skin cleared up 100% in that week. I think it's the avacado oil, it's very hydrating and would probably work better for more mature skin. I ended up giving it to my mum who loves it.