no images

price range

Reviews

3.0

3 years ago

How I applied it: Original Beauty Blender (damp) Coverage: medium to full. Buildable: not really. It kind of just either cakes up in the spot next to your problem spot or wipes off any of the foundation that's there. Initial Application: It originally looked dry on my face, but after I set it it looked fine. How it wore: it wore beautifully. never really transferred when I kissed my boyfriend. Also didn't separate on my nose or any parts of my face. Kept my oils at bay and didn't exaggerate anything (like pimples, pores, or dry spots) Aftermath: Here's the kicker, it gave me really bad cystic acne on my cheeks. I could deal with the layering and initial application problems, but after I started breaking out I didn't want to use it anymore. Would I recommend this to a friend? Only if they had perfect non-acne prone skin.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Other, Medium

1.0

3 years ago

Good color match - the lightest shade is always a difficult match. other than this, I can't think of anything good about this. oh, the price is good too. but why buy this? this is the only foundation that breaks me out. it also dries my nose. terrible - and I mean terrible! - finish. enlarged pores, dries out and maximizes lines that are invisible without makeup, medium at best coverage (though it verges on less). I put this on and I look somehow lifeless. anyway. terrible, don't buy this one.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I love this foundation! The coverage is perfect and it lasts a very long time. I have acne prone skin and this hasn't broken me out.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

Good foundation, great price, not a bad match considering the lightest two shades depending on time of year best for a natural, moisturised and fairly evened out skin tone. Smells inoffensively and is perfect when applied with hands as well as a brush. I just find that you must moisturize and prep prior to applying otherwise your skin will soak up the product and create unevenness. I use the boots botanics radiance balm which makes my skin look beautiful and with a very subtle sheen. The original version of this is pure paint, I didn't get on with it but then I don't like heavy coverage. Although you can achieve full coverage as it's buildable I find that applying lightly and thining out with a brush makes an airbrushed finish. Probably rimmels best foundation.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

As someone with eczema, I tend to look for foundations which do not cling to dry flaky patches and also cover redness. This foundation does both of these things. Previously, I was using the Bourjois Healthy Mix serum foundation and I was pretty happy with it. Rimmel Nude 25h foundation surpasses the Bourjois foundation and I wouldn't go back. It provides more coverage than healthy mix serum yet does not cake. I've also found 100 Ivory to be a good match for my NC25 skin. I initially wanted to give it a 4/5 overall rating however I fail to see what it could improve on- especially for a drugstore foundation at such a decent price!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

3.0

4 years ago

Update: I was able to make this work a tad better with my dry areas if I applied moisturizer beforehand, and applied it with a flat-top brush. Now it looks alright on my skin, and stays on pretty much the whole day. It feels light on the skin, and gives a light-medium coverage. --------------- On my combination skin, which is mostly dry at the moment, this just ends up looking really dry and chalky on my face as soon as it dries. I apply it with a damp beauty blender, and I've been wondering if that's why it ends up looking so dry? It seems like so many love it, but like i said it just ends up looking so so dry and flaky on my skin after a short amount of time. Pros + Stays on the whole day Good coverage Good colormatch for me SPF 25 Cons - Looks dry and flaky almost immediately after application

About reviewer (20 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

I purchased this at Walgreens the other day because it is on sale this week and I read a lot of great reviews for this foundation. I also purchased the Rimmel match perfection foundation and I liked it so much I was willing to give this foundation a try . I usually wear Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation in the color sand beige combination/oily 180. I love Revlon it is go to foundation I love it so much that I wore it to my wedding , it's tear proof, waterproof, sweatproof, long wearing etc. But Revlon can feel heavy on the skin and I was looking for another alternate foundation that did was good of a job but was more natural looking and think I found a dupe . Revlon colorstay was $15.99 in Walgreens I usually get it al Walmart or Target or Ulta wher it can be $9.99 -$12.99so I save a few dollars. I tried this Rimmel foundation not knowing what to expect and it is a hidden gem. Let me tell you it is only $7.99 at Ulta but at Walgreens this week it is on sale for less than $5. I got it in the color Ivory and it matches my skin perfectly. It is a thick foundation as thick as Revlon. It gives you medium to full coverage but is air light I'm not kidding. I did use the Rimmel lasting finish primer and I did set with a powder and a makeup setting spray but I still think it worked well. It passed the tear test yesterday . I think this foundation is great if you are on a budget. Just a few cons the packaging it does not have a pup but Revlon was the same way until recently, it does have a smell but I actually like the smell it's a clean smell, and the biggest con color selection. One of the reasons why I recommend Revlon colorstay s the color selection is great from light to deep shades . I have combo /oily skin and I stayed matte all day . Love this for myself but not everyone may lie it for the cons I discussed. I also think it is necessary to set with a powder it had a tacky feel but I use wither the Revlon colorstay pressed powder in translucent or the Coty airspun power and the L'Oreal makeup setting spray . I love that it doe not oxidize either . I just wish there was a way to sample foundations in drugstores I just put it next to Revlon colorstay in the store and because of the glass bottle I was able to determine my shade. I'm really impressed and I'm wearing it right now.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

I've always had a hard time trying to find a foundation that matched my skin. I'm pale with pink undertones and lots of freckles (try matching a foundation when you have skin which is literally two different colours), and I am so glad I found this foundation. I have the shade 010 Light Porcelain, and it works wonders. The only foundation I've ever used that worked was a Body Shop one that was more than twice the price. Miracle colour matching aside, the product is creamy and blends nicely without getting cakey even around the eyes. Super impressed for the price.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

1.0

4 years ago

Big letdown. Only good things are that the colour was perfect on me (I got the lightest shade) and it has great coverage. However, I don't like the way it feels. It feels very tacky. Not smooth or soft. And it clings to every single dry piece of skin on my face (and I have extremely oily skin). It also starts feeling heavy and gross on my face after 2-3 hours, which is unheard of for me. My skin is extreeemely oily so yes I've had some bad foundations turn me into an oil slick after 4 hours, but I've never had that heavy greasy feeling after only 2 hours. Oh and let me get to the most important part... This breaks me out like crazy!!!!! I've never experienced such bad breakouts from a foundation. It gives me clusters of giant painful cystic pimples on my chin and itchy whiteheads all over the rest of my face. WTF?! The first time I thought maybe it was just my period or something so I stopped using the foundation and my skin became completely clear in a few days. I put it on again today and after 2 hours I could feel my face itching and I took a look and my face was covered in cystic pimples again! A few whiteheads too, but I know I'll have way more tomorrow. They don't even put the ingredients on the bottle... how shady. I looked them up and there's a high fragrance content in this, which is probably why I broke out. All I'm going to say is DON'T BUY THIS!!

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age19-24