Mario Badescu Drying Mask

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Mario Badescu Drying Mask

3.8

Ingredients: Deionized Water (Aqua),Kaolin,Wheat (Triticum Vulgare) Starch, Calamine,Ichthammol,Propylene Glycol, Colloidal Sulfur, Titanium Dioxide 5/20/09

on 11/16/2012 7:46:00 PM

I bought the drying mask because I have had the worst cystic acne on my neck and jawline as I am pregnant. It is safe to use during pregnancy. I have used it as a spot treatment at night and as a mask all over. It cleans your pores really well but does not do much for the cystic acne, even combined with buffering lotion!! It brings the inflammation down a little, but nothing major. Usually cystic acne takes weeks to heal, but I think this mask may speed up the process by a day or two. The other good thing is it lightens the old cystic acne marks, slightly. As for the smell, it is certainly something one can tolerate. I don't think it's that bad. Not a miracle product by any means. Not extremely disappointed since I didn't pay much for it.

on 10/18/2011 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is NOT a pleasant-smelling, relax-with-a-mask sort of product. It stinks like sulpher and pickels, and it is a pain to get off, but it works. I use this as a spot treatment, only applying it to erupted blemishes, as directed. I alternate this mask with one of the moisturized MB masks. Highly recommended, but be warned - beauty stinks!

on 4/19/2011 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Like the others the smell was my number one complaint. The second was it had a marshmellow consistency. Very thick. Third, after I washed it off my skin still felt like it had something on it. It did feel dry but only for the night and by morning my normal skin was back.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I don't use this as a mask because my skin isn't very oily. Instead, I use this as a spot treatment after I pop a pimple. I pop the pimple and squeeze as much stuff out as I can without pressing too hard, then I put a thick layer of this over the spot. It sucks out the rest of the oil in the pimple and dries it up faster than if I didn't put anything on it. I may be in the minority, but I don't mind the smell.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

So I received a sample of this from a recent MB purchase and yes it does smell... literally like hell: sulfur and brimstone, but it works wonders in zapping up oil. I did not find much use for it as an overnight treatment or in reducing a breakout until I combined it with the buffering lotion. These two products used together: apply buffering lotion, let dry, apply mask for 20-30 min, wash off, reapply buffering lotion and go to bed, literally reduced a nasty cystic acne breakout by 50% overnight when my normal arsenal wouldn't touch it for the past 2 weeks (Neutrogena on the spot treatment, neutrogena fade n' clear, 30% gylcolic acid peels) all of this reduced swelling or maybe made it disappear for a day but it would come right back.