Mario Badescu Drying Mask

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Mario Badescu Drying Mask

4.2

Ingredients: Deionized Water (Aqua),Kaolin,Wheat (Triticum Vulgare) Starch, Calamine,Ichthammol,Propylene Glycol, Colloidal Sulfur, Titanium Dioxide 5/20/09

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

As someone who suffered from acne from middle school, this product really works for me.

At first I was sceptical as acne products never really worked well on my skin and even made my acne worse and hurt so much but everything change when I decided to purchase this.

I could feel uncomfortable itch and tingling when I applied this on my face for the first time and I thought my skin will react badly and I was wrong!

The more I use this mask, my acne starts to slowly disappear and I even noticed my acne scars and uneven texture of my skin change into the positive side. My skin starts to peeling and my skin become dry, flaky around my acnes but after that phase passed, my skin got better and no more flakyness anymore. Surely, this product not for anyone who wants to have fast result but just give it a try, it's worth the money! (Although I really hate the smell)

I personally think this product really not suitable for someone with dry skin because this product will strip oil from your face and causes really ugly flakiness when you use it for one or two first week.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a new holy grail for me. I purchased the Mario Badescu acne trial box for acne and this came with it. Ive been struggling for some time with acne , especially cystic acne and white heads and its been making me super miserable. While on holiday in the US with some birthday money in my pocket I thought i'd treat myself and I'm so glad I did. I would probably say that this is the best mario badescu product for acne if you have a tight budget just buy this and use this sparingly- not putting it over the entire face but just using a cotton bud to put a little bit onto each individual bump.

I found this product so good that I have since ordered it in the full sized product and will be using it from now on to keep my acne at bay. This took a few days to work on me but I will say persistence is key and I don't necessarily think you need to buy the full regimen to get great results as I'm not the biggest fan of the facial washes.

I know some people have said this isn't great but for me it worked perfectly and I'm so happy!.

This stuff is amazing. I use this 2x a week, and if I'm having a breakout before a big event, this over my toner works WONDERS. I find it's more effecting than the drying lotion. It smells awful, though

on 1/2/2015 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I don't use this as a mask, but I use it as a spot treatment. I first apply the Buffering Lotion to the spot, then apply this over it. It has an unpleasant smell, but you get used to it after awhile. It dries brown and cakey, so you can only use this at night or when you aren't planning to go out. When I've used it for under the skin, cystic acne, it flattens the pimple in 2 days. There is still a slight mark and it takes a couple more days to go away completely. You get a lot in a jar, so it will probably dry out before I run out. Overall, this works better than any spot treatment I've tried.

on 1/18/2014 3:45:00 AM

This stuff seriously stinks. It smells terrible to the max, but it works like a charm everytime.

Flattens my pimples with no effort and quickly. Just two nights and most bumps would have went away by then. I have super acne prone skin so I would recommend once a week of this drying mask on the whole face for about 20-30 mins. (Thin coat pls) Keeps your skin clear!

on 5/25/2011 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

it's my favorite mask of all the masks that I've used! i can see results within one use! breakouts are slightly reduced with just one use but this kinda dries out my skin, and it doesn't just go off after i clean my face. i can actually see the product seeping into my pores for some reason. the smell is really horrible, but you'll get used to it eventually. but one thing that i noticed is that this product is actually not that effective when I leave it on overnight. it becomes really, like a normal mask? i don't know, but it's a must-have!

on 12/12/2010 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am onto my 3rd jar of the drying mask now. My skin is pretty good but my nose and chin area gets build up and black heads. I use this mask 1x a week to dry out any little zits and cleanse my face. If I go longer w/o using it, my face starts to feel too clogged up. It has a sulfur smell when you wash it off, but I don't mind it. this is a staple in my skincare regimen.

on 10/25/2010 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I honestly had to return this due to the strong smell. It reminded me of a cross between tires and oil. Made me gag every time I used it. Almost left a film on my face once I rinsed it off. Did decrease breakouts but I just couldn't get past the smell!

on 1/30/2010 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing! All of the MB products that I have tried have improved my skin so much. However, with MB products you have to actually read and do some research on what would be good for your skin. The reviewers that haven't had luck with this product probably don't have oily skin which is what this mask is aimed for (oily/acne skin).
I love this as a full on mask b/c it really sucks all the oils out of my super oily face. It also works really well as a spot treatment. If I get a whitehead I'll put this on it and it dries it up by the morning. This product isn't meant for cystic acne. If you have cystic acne use the buffering lotion, that's what got rid of cystic acne. If you just have bumps on your skin then I recommend the drying cream. My skin is beautiful now thanks to those three products. They also have the Drying Lotion which they're famous for but that's more for typical, whitehead acne that I don't really get. The key to MB products is figuring which type of acne you have.
FYI the drying mask has Colloidal Sulfur which makes it smell like something that belongs in a car.

on 12/8/2009 3:58:00 PM

I love this as a spot treatment ( I havent used it all over my face) I put it on problem spots at night and by morning they are flattened and alot less painful! this really helps my spots to go faster.