Mario Badescu Drying Mask

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Mario Badescu Drying Mask

2.8

Ingredients: Deionized Water (Aqua),Kaolin,Wheat (Triticum Vulgare) Starch, Calamine,Ichthammol,Propylene Glycol, Colloidal Sulfur, Titanium Dioxide 5/20/09

on 6/16/2014 1:56:00 AM

No it doesn't smell great but if it did it wouldn't be the refreshing nature of the fewer ingredient company. This is a basic clay mask, if drying mask help you with breakouts then you can't go wrong with this. Simple, smelly, but job well done.

on 12/22/2009 9:43:00 PM

DON"T attempt this if you have dry skin, or worse still, sensitive skin like mine.

It's lucky that I got this in a sample pack. First off, the smell is absolutely horrible, and I just knew that something that smells so similar to your industrial strength rust cleaner or whatever can't possibly be good for your skin. And I was right. 15 minutes after the mask dried out I had a terrible time trying to remove the mask completely from my face. My skin then promptly turned tight, shiny and dry.

It was only overnight that I realized a bad rash all over my face, which worsened over a span of two days. My skin is sensitive to certain products, and in the case of this one, my face broke out in a hot, red and itchy rash over the course of the next two days. After the span of two days, the redness slowly went away and I was left with a face of flaking skin.

The only reason I gave this product two stars is because it actually cleared away my acne after the disastrous first usage. While this may have worked for others without any side-effects, it was definitely too strong for me. I definitely recommend anyone thinking of trying this out to get the sample. Mario Badescu always have samples in stock, one thing I really like about them. And anyway, I've had worse results with other products.

Two stars, considering that it did what it promised to do and didn't cost me a cent, though I'll never use it again.

on 11/23/2006 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Oh no Sir. No Sir!!!!

Packaging: Standard green and white MB signature tub. Cutesy but nothing exciting.

Efficacy: Whoo let me tell you...I caked this on whenever I got a chance but all to no avail. Spot treatments, overnight masks, in between mask...zip, zilch, nada. It did dry out my skin, but in the wintertime this led to the flakies and in the summertime (let's just in the summer my skin is best described as oily with oilier patches) after the inital half-hour "ghoulface" the oil came gushing back with a vengeance. You know when you can moisturize your hands with the shine coming off your forehead...yup, that's the one. And in the end, the acne was still there and took its own sweet time in departing.

Scent/Texture/Etc.: Smells like a bouquet of burning rubber, sulphur and zinc and looks it too. It is a thick grey-brown mask, very goopy bordering on tacky which only gets tackier as time goes back. Towards the end, before I tossed it, I found myself longing for the departed goopiness as applying it became that annoying. You smear this on and then it dries to a dry, cakey finish which you remove with warm water. The mask has a "stick to it" attitude that after the first five minutes spent at removal you'll learn to not appreciate. There are often little flecks of it that just do not want to be removed and will work your last nerve. This all finished off with the charming ghoulface look which necessitates piling on enough moisturizer to counteract any effects that the drying may have garnered you.

Price: Too pricey. 20zs for $18. Far too costly for what it is. Queen Helene does a good impurity-lifting clay mask and the aspirin mask has this beat on fighting acne any day. The only plus that may have been offered by a higher end product: superior scent and texture is noticeably lacking in this formulation. A definite DNR....do not repurchase.

continued >>

on 10/21/2005 1:49:00 AM

i got this as a sample and i use it as a spot treatment. even my 40 somethin year old parents love it!! blemishes dry away like ZAP and its gone! love itttt . would purchase! i wouldnt use it on my whole face tho cause its too dryin