Mario Badescu Drying Mask

Mario Badescu Drying Mask

3.7

Ingredients: Deionized Water (Aqua),Kaolin,Wheat (Triticum Vulgare) Starch, Calamine,Ichthammol,Propylene Glycol, Colloidal Sulfur, Titanium Dioxide 5/20/09

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a new holy grail for me. I purchased the Mario Badescu acne trial box for acne and this came with it. Ive been struggling for some time with acne , especially cystic acne and white heads and its been making me super miserable. While on holiday in the US with some birthday money in my pocket I thought i'd treat myself and I'm so glad I did. I would probably say that this is the best mario badescu product for acne if you have a tight budget just buy this and use this sparingly- not putting it over the entire face but just using a cotton bud to put a little bit onto each individual bump.

I found this product so good that I have since ordered it in the full sized product and will be using it from now on to keep my acne at bay. This took a few days to work on me but I will say persistence is key and I don't necessarily think you need to buy the full regimen to get great results as I'm not the biggest fan of the facial washes.

I know some people have said this isn't great but for me it worked perfectly and I'm so happy!.

This stuff is amazing. I use this 2x a week, and if I'm having a breakout before a big event, this over my toner works WONDERS. I find it's more effecting than the drying lotion. It smells awful, though

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

A wonderful product for the oily people! I can really tell a difference in my skin when I use this product.

If you have dry skin, stay away. I'm not sure that this would work well for the combination-skinned people.

Love this mask! I've been using it every other night for the past two weeks and I really think it's helping my acne stay under control. My skin is so soft after using this mask. I pair this with the drying lotion and these two together work amazing. Definitely try them out if you're desperate for something to control your stubborn acne.

on 11/22/2014 7:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this mask. I have acne prone skin and this mask helps clear up breakouts. It smells terrible because of the sulfur, but it works really well.

Honestly, the smell isn't THAT bad. I drop serious money on my skin care. Very serious. I went to Ulta (which I hate those soul sucking pricks) in order to try a new acne regimen. They didn't have the one I wanted but I just happened to see the Mario line. The acne kit (I always buy the trial sizes first) was the same price as the one I was looking for so I decided to give it a go. Some background: I am a two time cancer survivor and anyone who has ever been through chemo and radiation will know how much it royally messes up your skin. As well as many other things. I have been in remission for 3 years since the last round and for 3 years my skin has been a disaster. I won't lie and say I have tried everything because I am picky but I do have a Pinterest account so you can imagine what things I have tried (go ahead and nod since I know you have tried some crazy shit on there). I am really surprised how well this line works for me. This mask is amazing and I really like it. I use a old (clean) foundation brush to put it on to cut down on germs by sticking my hands in the jar. I do not use this every night but rather every other night. I use it on my entire face. On my off nights I use PTR's cucumber detox mask and leave it on all night. Nothing and I mean nothing will be more moisturizing and calming than that mask all while NOT breaking you out. I digress... This in combination with the acne line and other Mario products have been awesome for me. This isn't an overnight miracle but you don't wake up the next morning with your skin looking worse. Trust me, that is an accomplishment. So try it. If you don't like it, it isn't like it cost you an arm and a leg. Pass it on to others. What may not work for you might be a super hero for someone else. Good things take time so don't look for a instant cure because there isn't one. Don't convince yourself that you aren't pretty or are gross. Mama June has a boyfriend so let that sink in.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS MASK! I usually buy masks just for fun, hoping that they will do something for my skin but this one actually makes my pores look like they never existed! It does dry out the skin though, so I moisturise heavily afterwards, thank goodness that I have oily skin. In regards to pimples, I am not sure if it does anything because my pimples heal very slow and I use other treatments for my acne as well. But I think it does prevent new ones from forming by clearing out your pores. Definitely worth a try! Oh, beware of the scent; it smells horrible!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Sulfur smells like shit. I feel like I'm getting a cheap high from this mask. Oh well, it works for me! I would never tell someone to use this all over their face it's FAR too drying. But it's lovely as a spot treatment mask and for your gross, blackhead covered nose. Thumbs up!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the best products I have bought in a LONG time. For the record, my skin LOVES sulfur and adapts to it rather nicely. All acne-fighting products that I use have some element of sulfur in them.
This one contains collidial sulfur, which I have never used before, Sulfur smells bad in general, but this type of sulfur is AWFUL. It smells like acetone and dirt. But, I was willing to tolerate it because I saw massive results. The first 5 or 6 times I used it, I thought I was going to throw up. Honestly. However, I pushed through it and now I don't even smell it anymore.
Like other reviewers, not only has it helped my breakouts, but I feel like it's helped the scars and the healing process. I DO NOT use this all over.. it is VERY drying. I also don't feel like it prevents anything, either. However, at the first sign of a spot, it WORKS. I'm talking the smallest sign; it's great.
I also get blackheads and clogged pores on my nose. NOTHING helps them.. and this does. I just cover my nose and leave it on for about 30 minutes. I use a wash rag to gently wash it off, an it takes the blackheads off.
I purchased this at Nordstrom incase I needed to take it back, and I recommend doing the same if you are unsure. Nobody wants to get stuck with a product they don't like. This will last you for quite sometime, but with limited use, it will dry up. If you have super-duper dry skin or super sensitive skin, proceed with caution. But rest assured, it got the job done for skin that is SOOOO stubborn (mine). Hopefully you will get the same results. Good luck.

on 1/18/2014 3:45:00 AM

This stuff seriously stinks. It smells terrible to the max, but it works like a charm everytime.

Flattens my pimples with no effort and quickly. Just two nights and most bumps would have went away by then. I have super acne prone skin so I would recommend once a week of this drying mask on the whole face for about 20-30 mins. (Thin coat pls) Keeps your skin clear!