Mario Badescu Drying Mask

Filtered by age: 30-35
Mario Badescu Drying Mask

Ingredients: Deionized Water (Aqua),Kaolin,Wheat (Triticum Vulgare) Starch, Calamine,Ichthammol,Propylene Glycol, Colloidal Sulfur, Titanium Dioxide 5/20/09

This isn't any better than any other clay mask, in my opinion and experience. I'm also concerned about the inclusion of wheat starch as an ingredient.

on 1/2/2015 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I don't use this as a mask, but I use it as a spot treatment. I first apply the Buffering Lotion to the spot, then apply this over it. It has an unpleasant smell, but you get used to it after awhile. It dries brown and cakey, so you can only use this at night or when you aren't planning to go out. When I've used it for under the skin, cystic acne, it flattens the pimple in 2 days. There is still a slight mark and it takes a couple more days to go away completely. You get a lot in a jar, so it will probably dry out before I run out. Overall, this works better than any spot treatment I've tried.

on 12/22/2014 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I'll keep this short - OMG this stuff stinks, but damned if it doesn't work! A small dab on a zit, leave it overnight and the zit has not only been reduced in redness but shrunk at least half it's original size. Well worth every stinking penny!!

on 11/22/2014 7:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this mask. I have acne prone skin and this mask helps clear up breakouts. It smells terrible because of the sulfur, but it works really well.

Honestly, the smell isn't THAT bad. I drop serious money on my skin care. Very serious. I went to Ulta (which I hate those soul sucking pricks) in order to try a new acne regimen. They didn't have the one I wanted but I just happened to see the Mario line. The acne kit (I always buy the trial sizes first) was the same price as the one I was looking for so I decided to give it a go. Some background: I am a two time cancer survivor and anyone who has ever been through chemo and radiation will know how much it royally messes up your skin. As well as many other things. I have been in remission for 3 years since the last round and for 3 years my skin has been a disaster. I won't lie and say I have tried everything because I am picky but I do have a Pinterest account so you can imagine what things I have tried (go ahead and nod since I know you have tried some crazy shit on there). I am really surprised how well this line works for me. This mask is amazing and I really like it. I use a old (clean) foundation brush to put it on to cut down on germs by sticking my hands in the jar. I do not use this every night but rather every other night. I use it on my entire face. On my off nights I use PTR's cucumber detox mask and leave it on all night. Nothing and I mean nothing will be more moisturizing and calming than that mask all while NOT breaking you out. I digress... This in combination with the acne line and other Mario products have been awesome for me. This isn't an overnight miracle but you don't wake up the next morning with your skin looking worse. Trust me, that is an accomplishment. So try it. If you don't like it, it isn't like it cost you an arm and a leg. Pass it on to others. What may not work for you might be a super hero for someone else. Good things take time so don't look for a instant cure because there isn't one. Don't convince yourself that you aren't pretty or are gross. Mama June has a boyfriend so let that sink in.

on 8/28/2014 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is a good clay based mask with some sulfur (which gives this mask a distinct stinky smell). Does a good job of drying out acne. Does not tingle like Queen Helene Mint Julep mask. Smooth application and rinses easily. Dry time is about 10 minutes for a thin layer. I just can't get pass the smell.

I just use it as on overnight spot treatment for acne to finish the jar off.

Still does not surpass my GLAMGLOW mask (HG mask)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the best products I have bought in a LONG time. For the record, my skin LOVES sulfur and adapts to it rather nicely. All acne-fighting products that I use have some element of sulfur in them.
This one contains collidial sulfur, which I have never used before, Sulfur smells bad in general, but this type of sulfur is AWFUL. It smells like acetone and dirt. But, I was willing to tolerate it because I saw massive results. The first 5 or 6 times I used it, I thought I was going to throw up. Honestly. However, I pushed through it and now I don't even smell it anymore.
Like other reviewers, not only has it helped my breakouts, but I feel like it's helped the scars and the healing process. I DO NOT use this all over.. it is VERY drying. I also don't feel like it prevents anything, either. However, at the first sign of a spot, it WORKS. I'm talking the smallest sign; it's great.
I also get blackheads and clogged pores on my nose. NOTHING helps them.. and this does. I just cover my nose and leave it on for about 30 minutes. I use a wash rag to gently wash it off, an it takes the blackheads off.
I purchased this at Nordstrom incase I needed to take it back, and I recommend doing the same if you are unsure. Nobody wants to get stuck with a product they don't like. This will last you for quite sometime, but with limited use, it will dry up. If you have super-duper dry skin or super sensitive skin, proceed with caution. But rest assured, it got the job done for skin that is SOOOO stubborn (mine). Hopefully you will get the same results. Good luck.

on 10/4/2013 5:07:00 PM

Love this product! I use it 3 times a week on certain areas to prevent pimples from forming. Kinda stinky, but worth it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

29/01/2013
I read almost all the reviews before I purchased this little jar of.....well stinky greatness! Its consistency is really nice as it spreads evenly and doesn't dry rock hard. Like one of the ladies mentioned though, it actually smells worse when I washed it off. This was three hours ago and I can still smell it! It's very unusual, however, it works so I don't mind it smelling like" wet, muddy, stinky dog" as my four year old son so honestly told me when I asked him for a kiss, sadly he refused:-(.
Anyway, my skin looks amazing! It's more even toned, well exfoliated and soft. I left it on only for 20 minutes and only applied a really thin layer. With regular use perhaps discolourations will be a thing of the past? I am spot treating on a couple of hormonal bumps at the moment so I will have to update on how well that worked. My only issue now is asking my husband for a kiss....poor man!

I also want to say that I've tried the healing soothing mask- Very nice, well rested skin after use and buffering lotion which is amazing on red raised breakouts. Kills them in two days flat! Doesn't do much for under the skin bumps which is why I got the drying mask. Anyway girls, everyone is different so you will have to try products yourself until something sticks. Good luck;-)

30/01/2013
So it's the next day and unfortunately spot treating overnight was no miracle treatment:-( the two bumps are still there, I guess being hormonal doesn't help. I'll stick with the buffering lotion for breakouts from now on, works a treat each time! Having said that, the drying mask refined the texture of my skin like nothing else... I will keep using it. I do find though its best when I work it into the skin then let it dry, that way it exfoliates better....:-)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is not a miracle product, but I do use it from time to time whenever I sense a big acne about to surface. It won't cure anything overnight, but the whole point, I believe, in treating acne, is 'killing it on the spot'. I'm still looking for a dream serum/gel that will enable me to 'rub it into' my acne prone areas and prevent new zits from forming to begin with. Anyone who knows of one, please drop me aline. BTW, I'm allergic to BP (urgh!). ;)