LUSH Cup O' Coffee

LUSH Cup O' Coffee
Cup O' Coffee

4.6

Organic Agave Syrup (Agave tequilana), Kaolin, Glycerine, Coffee Infusion (Coffea Arabica), Talc, Ground Coffee (Coffea arabica), Bentone (Hectorite), Fragrance, Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla Planifolia), Roasted Cocoa Extract (Theobroma Cacao), Coriander Seed Oil (Coriandrum sativum), Caffeine Powder, *Coumarin, *Limonene, *Linalool. *Occurs naturally in essential oils

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

While this mask left my skin soft, that's about it in terms of benefits for me.

I got this as a sample which was nice, because I only needed one try to know this isn't the mask for me. It has a very strong scent which is a bit much if you apply it all over your face. The coffee grounds are very rough and even applying and removing this mask gently gave me a pretty serious exfoliation. I prefer much finer facial scrubs. I would say this is less of a mask and more of a scrub. This 'mask' is also incredibly messy to remove, be prepared to wash your sink after taking it off.

If you don't mind a strong coffee scent and you're in the market for a heavy duty scrub, cup o' coffee might be right for you. I could also see this working well as a body scrub instead of a face mask, but I'm not interested enough to buy it and give it a try. I'll stick to ocean salt for my body and mask of magnaminty for my face.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this mask, however; i would call it a scrub. It works magic cleaning the skin and pores. It leaves the face shiny en clean without it feeling thight or dry. I like the scent but for some it might be too much.

I would not recommend for people with very sensitive or dry skin.

on 1/19/2017 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Lush masks have yet to fail me and this is yet another one that worked as promised. It left my skin feeling soft and looking bright. I would recommend using this in the morning and *only* in the shower, as the coffee grinds are difficult to remove using a washcloth and make a bit of a mess in the sink. It has a really sweet scent which I didn't care for at first, but it grew on me. Also, get the small pot . . . you don't need that much and it's more of a one or two times a week kind of mask.

on 1/18/2017 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm giving this a 5-star review because I believe it works very well in terms of brightening and softening skin. The first day I used it, my skin looked so awake and even that I didn't bother to wear makeup.
My only caveat is for those of us with sensitive, acne-prone skin. It caused a minor breakout on my chin, and for that reason, I have to discontinue use. I will, however, repurchase for my husband, as he is in love with it.
The smell is delicious and the packaging, true to Lush, is quite sturdy and doesn't appear to leak. I don't mind the price because in reality, you only need to use a small amount of this on your face, so a big tub will last a long time.
This is an amazing product, but use with caution if your skin likes to break into pizza mode at the slightest provocation like mine.

on 1/3/2017 7:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I LOVE IT ! YES!

I have combination but very sensitive skin. In the winter time it tends to be a bit more dry than summertime (as everyone else out there).

This is a coffee scented mask with rough coffee granula, vanilla and many more delicious ingredients - check out their website. When I first tried it I was convinced that it would totally break me out - instead the most glowing and exfoliated skin emerged. I am very impressed. You first put it on and leave it for 10-15 min, then you put a bit of water on your hands and start scrubbing it down - the roughness depending on your skintype. Rinse it off with water.

BUT be advised, even though I love it I can only see myself using it a maximum of two times a week. It is a very rough mask and it is VERY effective. For very sensitive skin you might wanna hydrate really nicely afterwards.

Now you're sitting there thinking, should I go for the big or little one... Well, I went for the big 325 gram - it is the same size as a charity pot with 240 gram (we all know that lovely little one, don't we?) BUT I'm honestly not sure I will be able to use it all up. As much as I love it, they do expire and being all the more wiser now, I would just go for the small size which is about half the price as well (so you don't safe much money by going big).

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Cup O Coffee is a great facemask from Lush. It is not a 'fresh' mask so its shelf life is three months rather than two weeks. This mask smells like coffee, but not strong coffe like a boutique coffee shop, in my mind it smells like coffee mixed with mud. It is not unpleasant however, though I know my description might be off-putting. The mask itself is very nice on the skin, it is not irritating on my sensitive skin. I apply the mask to clean skin for roughly 10-15 minutes then rinse off in the shower. The coffee grounds within the mask provide exfoliation for the skin. It is quite a strong exfoliation but did not irritate my skin or make it red or painful. When I use this mask, my skin looks less congested, brighter and clearer. This product is vegan and I highly recommend it.

on 11/2/2016 8:14:00 PM

I love this stuff! The smell is so awesome and I feel like it does usually get all the dead skin cells off. If you go to Lush they will give you a free sample. Try it for yourself to see!

on 10/3/2016 1:51:00 AM

I love this!!!!!! It smells amazing and feels really nice, it really perka up my skin and plumps ot

on 8/24/2016 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I've tried to love Lush products back and forth bc I stand for their image of being cruelty free but all the time their products have kinda disappointed me since their masks and scrubs like Ocean Salt and Mask of Magnaminty have broken me out and their shaving creams and moisturizers have clogged my pores.
However, this scrub is probably one of the veeery few products I actually like. It exfoliates the skin and leaves a very cool and fresh sensation as if u took a cold shower. The skin is left soft and texture feels smoother.
I highly reccommend this product to anyone, especially coffee addicts.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I was never very big on face masks before and when I only ever used cheap drug store ones before and they only ever ended up making my skin even more dry so I didn't know what to expect from this one. While I don't have acne, I have problems with clogged pores and blackheads. I can honestly say I was positively impressed with this face mask in every single way.
First of all it is a great face scrub, without being too hard on the skin or leaving any kind of redness. It effectively unclogged my pores and even improved my blackheads situation, better than any other product that I have tried before. Even though I have dry skin in general, this mask left it feeling soft.
It took me using the mask few times to get used to the strong smell, however it is not unpleasant at all, if anything the strong smell of coffee is refreshing.
I mainly used the mask after being lazy and not taking my makeup off before bed to exfoliate and thoroughly cleanse my skin. The mask successfully fulfilled all my expectations and more and would definitely recommend it.