LUSH Cup O' Coffee

LUSH Cup O' Coffee
Cup O' Coffee

4.3

Organic Agave Syrup (Agave tequilana), Kaolin, Glycerine, Coffee Infusion (Coffea Arabica), Talc, Ground Coffee (Coffea arabica), Bentone (Hectorite), Fragrance, Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla Planifolia), Roasted Cocoa Extract (Theobroma Cacao), Coriander Seed Oil (Coriandrum sativum), Caffeine Powder, *Coumarin, *Limonene, *Linalool. *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 1/10/2018 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Meh. I love mask of magnaminty which makes an immediate difference in the texture and color of my skin. This mask doesn't do much of anything that I can see. It's a naturalish exfoliant (the coffee beans are quite large so you have to be careful though) but I don't see a difference in texture or brightening.

on 11/30/2017 3:03:00 AM

This is a super coffee bean smelling mask that linger after you wash it off.i didnt really enjoy the smell as much as i thought i would. It is very sticky feeling on the face and does not dry hard. It stays sticky and i like a mask like mask of magnaminty where it feels more like its working than just sitting on top the skin. This is a nice scrub but i wouldnt try full size since i didnt like the strong black coffee bean smell.

Okay - this mask/scrub is amazing! Radiance - tick! Smells good - tick! Feels amazing - tick! It revives the skin - literally like how a cup of coffee picks you up in the morning, this mask/scrub does just that for the skin. I see a lot of people writing on here that they prefer it as a scrub than a mask - you know, I found that if you use it as a mask IN the shower, it does not set properly. But if you apply it to very slightly damp skin when not in the shower, it sets quite well as a mask. Then, apply water to it once you rinse it off and voila! You have a scrub too! Two in one baby, two in one. And now that Lush sells it in a bigger pot, it makes this baby last even longer. Worth the money. Would absolutely would buy and already have bought it again :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

To me, this is a scrub and definitely not a face mask persay. I guess you could use it that way but I like it much better as a scrub anyway. If that and a bit of mess aren't your thing, you might want to look at other Lush masks though.

Scent: Like an amazing fresh cup of Turkish coffee! It's definitely delicious smelling but I don't feel it lingers long. I'm happy just to sniff it in the pot.

Performance: Like a medium to heavy exfoliant, I'd say this is better for arms and chest than regular face use. This same base without the coffee might work better for that *cough cough listen up Lush cough cough*. My skin feels soft, smooth and moisturized, and also looks a bit brighter and more even. The coffee bits don't make a messy shower but they do require a thorough rinse.

Cost: I'd say this is a decent value if you like Lush scrubs or just love the smell. You can make a DIY version with your own coffee grounds if you want a similar effect and smell for way less.

on 11/23/2017 2:27:00 PM

I've been using Lush fresh masks religiously for the past couple of years, and only recently due to the winter weather creeping in did I stop to consider a scrub. I originally bought Mask of Magnaminty at the recommendation of the shop assistant after we discussed my skin concerns and she told me to be wary of Cup O' Coffee due to my fairly sensitive reactive skin. Mask of Magnaminty was OK, I loved the uplifting smell but beyond that I didn't get much out of it. More recently, though, I've been having more trouble with my skin and my pores appear larger and more blocked than before. As a result, I asked for a tester of Cup O' Coffee in order to gauge my skin's reaction and I was overwhelmed with the results. Despite the fact that my skin is fairly sensitive, I went for the washcloth approach to removing the mask in order to really work my pores. I was slightly red after, however for the following few days my skin was so soft and the size of my pores has definitely decreased. I was so happy with the product that I'm now on my second medium sized tub and I've been using it every 3 days to keep my winter skin at bay. would thoroughly recommend this Mask, however I'd ask for a tester first and be very gentle in removing it at first until you know the limits of what your skin can handle.

on 10/7/2017 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Looking at the negative reviews for this mask around the internet, I feel like there are a few things that many of them have in common that I want to address.
* Using a wash cloth to wash it off. I don't think you should with this product, or any other physical peel for that matter. Even if that's how you usually remove masks, treat this as the peel product that it is and wash it off. The cloth in itself will be mildly peeling/abrasive to the skin. Combining it with a product that has rather big grains in it will be too much for a lot of people's skin, I believe. I know it would for mine. Just wash it off with lots of water - it'll come right off AND it'll be gentler. No coffee stains on your cloths, either. (And of course it's going to stain - it is packed full of actual coffee, after all.)
* Rubbing it in when applying it. The consistency is sticky and the coffee grounds are not very finely milled, and you need the added water to make it glide over the skin easier and be less abrasive. Just spread it across the skin the way you would a normal mask, and leave the buffing 'til the end.
* Using it on really dry skin. I generally think you should avoid physical peels on really dry skin, and this mask also has kaolin in it, which absorbs oil. It's just not aimed at dry skin, and I don't find it surprising that people with dry skin dislike it for being drying.

With that rant over with... I love this mask as a sort of "pick me up" for the skin. It's not one of those mask that really target any long-time problems like acne, dryness, oily skin and so on, but it does give the skin a bright, plump, and overall very nice look right away. Perfect before any event where you want your skin to be glowing, before makeup application in general, or just on days when your skin is looking particularly dull and lifeless (for me, that's almost every other day during the winter months).

As mentioned above, it's a really sticky formula due to the agave syrup, and it doesn't dry down completely on the skin. I actually appreciate that, because I feel like I can really take my time with this mask and it'll still do something for my face (compared to many of Lush's fresh masks that dry very quickly and then will start to crumble terribly). The coffee grounds are pretty chunky, but I think you can still get a relatively gentle peel if you wash it off with little pressure and a lot of water. It doesn't leave any residue like some Lush masks will, but your skin will feel really smooth and plump afterwards. I can see some clearing up of my pores, especially on my nose, but I wouldn't consider it's a deep cleansing mask first or foremost. What this mask does best is give the skin an instant brightness boost, and it does that better than almost any mask I've tried.

+ Cruelty free
+ Vegan
+ The smell has really grown on me. Not liking coffee, I avoided it for a good while. I find that it smells like a vanilla latte, with a hint of smokiness that most likely comes from the roasted cocoa extract. Not at all unpleasant, actually
+ The instant results, while not the most long-lasting, are quite astonishing
+ Leaves the skin so, so smooth to the touch
+ Foundation will apply beautifully after using it
+ Lasts me for ages and ages. I have the small tub, I've lost count on how many times I've used it, yet I'm only half way through with it
+ Decent shelf life of 3 months, same as the Mask of Magnaminty (which I find to be kind of "meh", by the way)
+ No plastic beads in this scrub!

- The coffee grounds could be a little more finely milled
- I'm not too phased with perfume in skincare unless it's really over the top, but in this case I think it could've done without it. We have coffee, vanilla absolute and roasted cocoa extract - shouldn't that be enough fragrance without adding more?
- A little more long-lasting results would've been nice (and it would've made it a perfect 5 out of 5)

on 10/6/2017 12:55:00 AM

My skin is still burning half an hour later! I got a sample of his mask, washed my face and let it sit on for about 8 minutes. Washed.... and that's when I noticed the burning sensation. I gently washed. The coffee scrub itself is not smooth. It is huge and very jagged. My skin feels like it has hundreds of needle points in it! And after I dried my skin? My face is bright red! And it still stings half an hour later! As for the smell? It smells like musty Tobacco. Maybe my skin is too sensitive for this, but I ended up throwing out the rest of the sample and hope my skin calms down soon!!

on 7/21/2017 9:01:00 AM

I've been using this product for a couple of weeks and I'm halfway through. My skin does feel smoother immediately after washing it off, however, I don't think it made any difference regarding the texture of my skin.
If I use it before putting on my makeup, I think it makes the foundation application a bit better.
It's quite rought so I try not to rub a lot. It makes a mess when you take it off and it stained my washcloth.
The smell is quite strong, my brother liked it, my mum said it's like nicotine. I'm neither amazed nor repulsed by it.
I will use it up, but will not repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

While this mask left my skin soft, that's about it in terms of benefits for me.

I got this as a sample which was nice, because I only needed one try to know this isn't the mask for me. It has a very strong scent which is a bit much if you apply it all over your face. The coffee grounds are very rough and even applying and removing this mask gently gave me a pretty serious exfoliation. I prefer much finer facial scrubs. I would say this is less of a mask and more of a scrub. This 'mask' is also incredibly messy to remove, be prepared to wash your sink after taking it off.

If you don't mind a strong coffee scent and you're in the market for a heavy duty scrub, cup o' coffee might be right for you. I could also see this working well as a body scrub instead of a face mask, but I'm not interested enough to buy it and give it a try. I'll stick to ocean salt for my body and mask of magnaminty for my face.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this mask, however; i would call it a scrub. It works magic cleaning the skin and pores. It leaves the face shiny en clean without it feeling thight or dry. I like the scent but for some it might be too much.

I would not recommend for people with very sensitive or dry skin.