LUSH Cup O' Coffee

LUSH Cup O' Coffee
Cup O' Coffee

4.4

Organic Agave Syrup (Agave tequilana), Kaolin, Glycerine, Coffee Infusion (Coffea Arabica), Talc, Ground Coffee (Coffea arabica), Bentone (Hectorite), Fragrance, Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla Planifolia), Roasted Cocoa Extract (Theobroma Cacao), Coriander Seed Oil (Coriandrum sativum), Caffeine Powder, *Coumarin, *Limonene, *Linalool. *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 4/1/2018 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

8.5/10.

I have normal to dry skin with large pores. I use a BHA daily to avoid blackheads but prefer physical scrubs to remove dead skin as I find AHAs don't really do anything for me. I use this mask in the shower, a couple of times a week. I apply two layers, leave it for just a couple of minutes and then rinse off with water. I find that I can use this before or after cleansing, it makes no difference.

I love this mask because it leaves my skin GLOWING! My face feels so lovely and soft. I wouldn't recommend this for daily use, but as a weekly or bi-weekly treatment. It is a clay mask, so I wouldn't recommend it for very dry skin types. I think the cost is reasonable ($17 in Australia) - it's around the same price as a drugstore mask tub. Just be aware it doesn't have a long shelf life. Also if you save the pot, Lush has a recycling scheme similar to Back2MAC where you get a free mask if you return 5 empty and clean pots.

I would definitely buy this mask again.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This product was phenomenal!! I just finished washing it off for the first time and my skin has never looked better. My pores are tiny when I usually have very large, very noticible pores, my skin is baby soft, I smell pretty.... I am so impressed! When I went to lush I told them I was looking for an exfoliant scrub that wouldn't be too harsh. She let me try cup o'coffee and ocean scrub on the back of my hand and I went with the coffee because it felt gentler and it is. I put it on as a mask but I left it on longer than the reccomended 15 minutes, I think I left it on for around... 25 to 30 minutes before taking it off. The smell was offputting at first but the longer it was left on the more it started to smell like vanilla coffee and by the time I took it off i couldn't get over how great it smelled. I'm so going to be buying a large pot the next time, instead of the small one because this was perfect.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Again, Lush products labeled as scrubs dont really work for me as my dry skin tends to hoard lots of dead skin, especially over my nose and chin. This product aint the exception, but it really does magic for toning and “waking up” the skin. I use it on mornings, 2-3 times a week, and paired with a good mosturizer it makes my face look radiant. Definetely would recommend, but be sure to have another exfoliation backup method.

on 3/7/2018 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love love this product. Im always up for a good coffee product, as i make my own coffee scrubs from home. My partner and i both use this product and both of us love it.

It leaves my skin glowing, i use it roughly 2-3 times a week in the morning.

on 2/20/2018 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

absolutely love it, one of the best coffee masks, it does whatever it claims and it's fun to use, leaves you fresh and clean and radiant, absolutely worth a try

on 1/10/2018 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Meh. I love mask of magnaminty which makes an immediate difference in the texture and color of my skin. This mask doesn't do much of anything that I can see. It's a naturalish exfoliant (the coffee beans are quite large so you have to be careful though) but I don't see a difference in texture or brightening.

on 11/30/2017 3:03:00 AM

This is a super coffee bean smelling mask that linger after you wash it off.i didnt really enjoy the smell as much as i thought i would. It is very sticky feeling on the face and does not dry hard. It stays sticky and i like a mask like mask of magnaminty where it feels more like its working than just sitting on top the skin. This is a nice scrub but i wouldnt try full size since i didnt like the strong black coffee bean smell.

Okay - this mask/scrub is amazing! Radiance - tick! Smells good - tick! Feels amazing - tick! It revives the skin - literally like how a cup of coffee picks you up in the morning, this mask/scrub does just that for the skin. I see a lot of people writing on here that they prefer it as a scrub than a mask - you know, I found that if you use it as a mask IN the shower, it does not set properly. But if you apply it to very slightly damp skin when not in the shower, it sets quite well as a mask. Then, apply water to it once you rinse it off and voila! You have a scrub too! Two in one baby, two in one. And now that Lush sells it in a bigger pot, it makes this baby last even longer. Worth the money. Would absolutely would buy and already have bought it again :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

To me, this is a scrub and definitely not a face mask persay. I guess you could use it that way but I like it much better as a scrub anyway. If that and a bit of mess aren't your thing, you might want to look at other Lush masks though.

Scent: Like an amazing fresh cup of Turkish coffee! It's definitely delicious smelling but I don't feel it lingers long. I'm happy just to sniff it in the pot.

Performance: Like a medium to heavy exfoliant, I'd say this is better for arms and chest than regular face use. This same base without the coffee might work better for that *cough cough listen up Lush cough cough*. My skin feels soft, smooth and moisturized, and also looks a bit brighter and more even. The coffee bits don't make a messy shower but they do require a thorough rinse.

Cost: I'd say this is a decent value if you like Lush scrubs or just love the smell. You can make a DIY version with your own coffee grounds if you want a similar effect and smell for way less.

on 11/23/2017 2:27:00 PM

I've been using Lush fresh masks religiously for the past couple of years, and only recently due to the winter weather creeping in did I stop to consider a scrub. I originally bought Mask of Magnaminty at the recommendation of the shop assistant after we discussed my skin concerns and she told me to be wary of Cup O' Coffee due to my fairly sensitive reactive skin. Mask of Magnaminty was OK, I loved the uplifting smell but beyond that I didn't get much out of it. More recently, though, I've been having more trouble with my skin and my pores appear larger and more blocked than before. As a result, I asked for a tester of Cup O' Coffee in order to gauge my skin's reaction and I was overwhelmed with the results. Despite the fact that my skin is fairly sensitive, I went for the washcloth approach to removing the mask in order to really work my pores. I was slightly red after, however for the following few days my skin was so soft and the size of my pores has definitely decreased. I was so happy with the product that I'm now on my second medium sized tub and I've been using it every 3 days to keep my winter skin at bay. would thoroughly recommend this Mask, however I'd ask for a tester first and be very gentle in removing it at first until you know the limits of what your skin can handle.