MY Fantasy Hair

MY Fantasy Hair

3.3

*EDITED BECAUSE OF DECEPTIVE MARKETING*

After a couple emails back and forth the company said they would replace the set as long as I sent the old one back. Not a big deal, $7 on shipping is a lot better than buying a new set. I received the replacement a week after they received my damaged set. The color was much better and it felt softer, but because of my last experience I decided to really check it out. I weighed it. My set was the 16" 160 gram set. The TOTAL weight was 164 grams. Each clip weighs 1.5 grams X 21 clips =31.5 grams in clips for a total of only 128.5 grams in hair. Probably less if you could weigh the wefting. This was their response :

"No where has it said that the clips and weft are not included in the grams. The whole set weighs that amount so it is correct. you can return for a refund if you wish but if the whole set weighs 164g then it is correct. If we counted the clips and weft we would total that gram amount in the set also. Just like every hair extension company out their. They weigh the set as a hole."

Bad business. The main reason I went with them is because of the weight. Fyi: the other main company claims 18" at 120 grams. If clips we included it would probably look like skeleton hair. Shame on them.

I've purchased three sets of extensions from MFH. The first two were good, lasted a while. My only issue was the ash blond color was a little brassy. After the second or third wash I had to use a purple shampoo with both sets. Corrected the issue no problem. I bought the third set when they had a 15% off coupon and didn't use it for about a month after I bought it ( I was still using my last set) I guess I should have examined it better as soon as I got it. This set was really brassy, definitely not ash blond. I decided to wash with the shampoo right away. The hair was so porous and uneven that random spots soaked up the shampoo right away and I ended up with purple patches all over the hair after only two minutes. I've been wearing extensions for over ten years and I've used the shampoo on just about every set, so I do know what I'm doing. I let them dry and went ahead and tried to wear them. Just put the spotted ones towards the bottom (they were more of a gray color once dried) it looked ok, but the hair knotted up on the bottom in the FIRST wear. It usually takes months for that. This set was complete garbage. I'm giving two stars because the first two sets were good, but at 150 a pop it's really not worth the risk of getting a set like this. =(

on 3/21/2017 2:59:00 AM

I'm not sure of there's such thing as a bad batch but I'm sadly not impressed with these extensions

I've been a hairstylist for 8 years and have been wearing extensions for around 10 years I've tried over 15 brands and almost every application method I've had bad extensions and I've had great ones. At first I was excited that the extensions had a natural feel and texture to them they were soft but did tangle a little I noticed they didn't have that fake silicone feel to them they were shedding quite a bit but I figured that was just the standard amount since they were new...

I began to color them with demi color  deposit only zero lift. Now I've never had any trouble with my extensions taking the color but for some reason these didn't take the color when I washed them and did a conditioning treatment the extensions looks knotted and frayed so I set them out to air dry when I woke they were a mess :-(

I know you my fantasy hair suggests not coloring them but regardless of coloring them they should not be in this condition post color and conditioning treatment... sadly I'm not expecting you my them to exchange them because I did read the policy. I can't say that I'll purchase from my fantasy hair again which is unfortunate because i was so excited to find a brand to pass along to my clients and friends

I'm not sure if I just received a bad batch or if this is the quality of hair my fantasy puts out for their customers the quality did not match the cost in my opinion.

Anyways I just thought I'd share my experience with my purchase.

I will say your customer service was great during my ordering process so thank them for that :-)

on 8/22/2016 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My Fantasy Hair has been one of the absolute WORST brands of hair extensions I have ever had the displeasure of purchasing. I thought Bellami was bad, it's nothing compared to these. Bought them in April, by June I had lost a good 1/3 to 1/2 of the thickness to shedding and breakage, DESPITE babying them. They get worn a max of once or twice a week, washed and deep conditioned once a month, I always use a heat protectant, never heat style more than once every week and a half, brush them gently, and keep them hanging neatly in their package. Last week I asked my hair stylist to darken them up to my natural color and they have been a tangle mess ever since. I've owned several different brands of extensions and dyed every single set . I have NEVER had an issue with tangling or breakage or shedding the way I do with these. For approximately $200, I expected them to last longer than 4 months seeing as all my extensions have lasted a minimum of one to two years. DO NOT PURCHASE My Fantasy Hair. They come out of the package all soft and shiny and keep it together for approximately 2 weeks, then the shedding and the breakage starts and it's all down hill from there.

I have purchased two sets of these extensions and neither one lasted more than two months. They are beautiful until you wash them. They shed like a mother, and become tangled within 2 weeks of use. I have a lot of experience with extensions and have never had issues like these. The second set I attempted to color and saw little black dots on the end of strands, as if synthetic fibers were burnt off. Very coarse and hard to blend. the color was very uneven and overall these are a money pit. Would not recommend.

Im pretty 50/50 on whether I would buy these extensions again. My first set that i bought lasted me a long time. I had dyed them my natural color, and a few months in the ends naturally got dry and started breaking and shrinking but they still remained fairly soft and tangle less. i wear them daily as well. i was overall happy the first time around, however when i went to repurchase new ones about a month ago to do the same thing, these ones did not take well to the dye at all and were extremely splotchy looking. so I'm not sure if they changed the chemical makeup on them or if they are using a synthetic blend that didn't take or what. but immediately, IMMEDIATELY after a WEEK they were AWFUL. they knot up themselves all over-mostly at the top by the clips, they're super super super dry, and they are completely broken. I'm LIVID about wasting a good 260$ on this. I'm a college student who's hair doesn't grow so blowing money on my beauty stuff isn't exactly a walk in the park for me. i was confident in this brand and they let me down and now I'm on another journey to find some that aren't crap. Ive been on this journey for four years now. i thought i found the ones, but i guess i was wrong. :( -hit me up PLEASE if you know of any reliable long lasting brands. EDIT: Okay, so i emailed them and their customer service was great. They gave me a ton of great advice as far as dyes and genetics go. They also offered me a half off coupon to give them another chance. I am going to order a new set and see how they take. Sometimes when you order extensions you get bad sets and things like this happen. I've had tons of sets and brands before so this is nothing new. I will update this again in about a month or so to do an update on the fresh set. EDIT/UPDATE: Alright y'all, i got another set and was sadly let down again. these ones i was super confident in at first, i got them professionally dyed and they took great. dye was great, and they were still soft. well that only lasted about a week or two. they're now crap. Shed Like CRAZY. SUPER thin now. SUPER dry. and the color didn't stick, it has become very faded. I do believe that they changed the company that makes them or the chemical components added. like i said, my first set was beautiful and amazing but I've had two sets in the past 5 or so months and they're both crappy. the other ones lasted me 9 months. So i would not recommend. NEW UPDATE AS OF 11/28/17. so i ordered the virgin set- definitely would reccomend them. i didnt dye them but matched my hair color instead, and i wear them and put heat on them almost daily. its been about a year and four months with these now, and while i wouldnt say theyre in the beautiful condition they were when i got them, they arent terrible or unnatural or crappy looking by any means. theyve definitely shrunk from split ends breaking but thats what happens when you use and abuse hair lol. i loved my 22 inch virgin set

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Horrible extensions. I put them on for the first time an a clip came off. After I sewed it back on, they still sucked. I was surprised to see that the extensions were really thin. I bought the 20" 230 gram set btw. The hair feels like plastic barbie hair and may as well be, since the hair doesn't really hold a curl or absorb dye well. The ends look fake, and they tangle like a mother. SHEDS! My gawd. From now on I will stick to Irresistible Me hair extensions - I bought some to replace the crappy MFH extensions because I didn't have enough hair, and OMG so much better quality. The blonde 613 colour is even lighter than MFH. At least IM hair extensions have regular sales and free returns!

on 12/30/2015 7:55:00 PM

Just received my 24 inches in 210 grams and I am IN LOVE. These are so silky and super soft. It's definitely high quality hair that's worth the price. I'd given up on finding hair extensions that won't tangle easily because I figured it's extensions they will always tangle more easily than your own hair. But these extensions rarely tangle! I can throw the hair around and it won't get ratty. My natural hair is black brown and the espresso color matches perfectly with my own hair. So happy I finally got my money's worth. The clips are very sturdy, and the hair curls rather easily. It is thick from root to tip. The only complaint I have is they don't offer higher weight options for their 24 inch set so I have to order 2 sets because I have a good amount of hair. They do have very high volume selection for their 20 inch sets though! I definitely would recommend this brand to others. A little pricey, but I feel it's worth it compared to other companies. I've tried Vpfashion and Irresistible Me and MFH is the absolute best out of the 3. Looking to try Zala next...

Why are there so few reviews on these extensions?! They are amazing! I have been wearing hair extension for years and have tried many, many brands and these babies are the best hair extensions I have ever worn. I bought my set of 20 inch 180 grams about 8 months ago and held off reviewing them until I was absolutely sure about its quality and my extensions are still looking wonderful. They're soft, they shed very little and they have maintained its thickness. They are a little pricey but they are SO WORTH IT.

I'm not really sure where I stand with these extensions. I have very short hair that I'm currently growing out so the fact that they offered a double drawn fourteen inch deluxe set basically had me sold. I've worn extensions off and on for years, but I've never needed them daily and I continuously have the issue of my sets not making it past 8-10 weeks. I always made my own so I went into Sally's and got my hair, dyed them to match, and found that within a couple weeks it was time to toss them in the trash. Soo that being said, I figured I should invest money on some quality hair and that Google search brought me to Bellami. The packing and initial quality was outstanding. Then I realized my "dark brown" was a level 5G. After 2 unsuccessful attempts at color matching the tones with my own hair, I dyed everything black and within a couple weeks my 250$ set went to shit. Not to mention I had to cut a LOT of hair to blend. Luckily I went to school for that, lol. Anyways, I started searching again and found my fantasy hair. They had the deluxe set in 14" and I was immediately sold. shipping was great, however I was not fond of the packaging. Your extensions come "packaged" in their included hanger/holding bag duo. Also, they have a selection for natural or straight cuts, the natural is described as being essentially ready to wear, and so I went with that option. When I put them on I definitely expected to do some face framing and do some blending work, but the ends really looked just weird to me. They had a block layer look all the way up. Now in my case, All of my length past my ears is extension, so that could be my own personal issue, but I just didn't like the way they blended together at all. I spent a while going through my entire head to thin out the ends for an actual natural look. Now I received this set in the first week of January.. I do not sleep in my extensions, I am pretty particular about gently brushing them out throughout the day and after I have taken them out.. They were washed and conditioned once with the samples MFH provided three weeks after I purchased them. My bottom two wefts were starting to constantly matte up, and the hair was starting to feel dried out. I only used a flat iron to blend together my top pieces with my hair, so they were rather untouched and I was hoping some conditioner would make them feel silky again (conditioner worked temporarily for Bellami).. so I gently worked through a light amount of the shampoo to remove the hairspray I use.. And then after conditioning and rinsing they really just felt bleh. the shredding is also pretty bad, I have brushed out so much hair it's ridiculous. Makes me wonder if I received a bad set. I really loved the way they initially felt and the length, and I always expect to blend them in although the ends were kind of weird. Definitely some pros and cons to this brand in my opinion... The search will continue.

Awful. I got the deluxe set and don't get me wrong they were great at the beginning super thick, super natural looking, I loved them. Ive had them for about a month now all the clips have fallen off of the extentions, they don't curl at all, and they magically tangle by themselves. I've worn extentions for a few years and worn several different brands. I know after a few months they tend to get a little dingy but they shouldn't be this early into having them. I'm mainly upset because they are very pricey and it's totally not worth it at all. I do not recommend them.

Popular Hair Products