MY Fantasy Hair

MY Fantasy Hair

2.8

on 7/29/2018 11:28:00 PM

DONT BUY I NEVER RECIEVED MY ORDER AFTER I PAID FOR IT! I have previously bought from them well over 10 times! Nothing like this has ever happened! Has been over a week and no notice of shipping confirmation! And no order that showed up! I have proof I bought my order! They must’ve went out of business but are gladly accepting money! The website even says the phone line is down! Don’t buy this!

on 2/2/2018 1:37:00 PM

Worst extensions I’ve ever tried! After seeing so many good reviews I was keen to try them. They’re fairly expensive, but since their quality was so “promising” I thought they’d be worth it. I ordered the 26” set in jet black. They were so soft and shiny, like most extensions are when you first get them. I washed them are cared for them the same way as I had done with my previous extensions from other brands, and it went fine. However, one day I decided to curl them, and ever since they haven’t been the same. They started to tangle like crazy, got super dry, frizzy and they’ve been shedding an awful lot. I think I lost half of the hair in just 1-2 weeks. I’ve been babying them, used very good products on them, but nothing helps, meaning that the hair is of horrible quality. It’s so thin now and it doesn’t even feel like hair anymore, total waste of money! I am very disappointed and I would not recommend this brand to anyone.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

After visiting the my fantasy hair website and all the wonderful reviews it had on there. I decided to give these extensions a go. I have used many different hair extension brands and felt like a change as I wanted really long extensions and this brand comes in 26inch. I paid about $280 which works out about £250. When I first ordered them I ordered them in 26 inch jet set black. After not receiving a confirmation email to say when my hair would be delivered I emailed over to the customer service. They advised me that the product I ordered was out of stock? Although the money was taken out of my account? That baffled me! Anyway the advisor said that they could send me 22 inch black or 26 inch Brown. So I thought I would get the 26inch in Brown and just dye them the same as my hair colour which is black.

When the parcel came, the hair felt lovely and looked perfect. I dyed them black and they came out fine. It was when I started wearing them in my hair. I did have them sewn into my hair but just want to point out that should not make any difference considering the price I and may other women have paid. I had them put into my hair and immediately they were so tangled and tatty and almost impossible to brush. They had no movement and just seemed the clog together. I gave the benefit of the doubt because they were so thick I thought this might be the reasoning.

It wasn't until a week after the hair was shredding unbelievably. I am not being dramatic I could literally pull clumps and clumps out of the extensions when brushing them. They have become so thin and I have never ever seen anything like it and I think how can a company run like this?? Makes me think that the majority of them reviews could not of been real because of the experience I have had. If I put it in a ponytail, you can see the strands dangling down from the pony that are handing out at the bottom.

So I decided to email them and inform them of this, i purchased them the end of October, by the first week in November they were shredding. I emailed them informing of the above and the response I had back from them was insane. The advisor tried to tell me how the extensions are not meant to have water on them? Or how your not meant to sleep in them?! Everybody who has had experience with real hair extensions knows that they need to be cared for and washed for them to stay healthy and last longer. I explained this to the advisor but she completely disregarded this and tried to say how they are not liable as it states this on their website. I searched their website and cannot see anything like this that was explained to me. After emailing them back I got ignored by them. I tried to write a review on their website but surprisingly there is no way to do that! I am so happy that I have found this website so that as many women as possible can read my review and not purchase from this company as I have never experienced anything like this before. I can literally run my hand through the hair and clumps up in clumps follows.

I think sometimes when companies sound to good to be true especially price, they normally are. I researched hair extensions 24inch and they are in the high hundreds for a 24 length. So i think i was niave to think that that length for that price, although it is a lot of money, was going to be a high standard. I can only learn from this and never ever EVER purchase from this company again, I have wasted over £200 on them and to not even have an explanation back is beyond a disgrace.

I really hope this helps other women out there not to use this company as it is just one massive disappointment.

on 12/20/2017 6:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I signed up because I am frustrated by the service or should I write lack of customer service from this brand. The hair is synthetic and stringy I couldn't even put it in my hair the clips were painful. My hair is thin and shoulder length and you could see the bulky clips coming out of my hair. I am disappointed.

*EDITED BECAUSE OF DECEPTIVE MARKETING*

After a couple emails back and forth the company said they would replace the set as long as I sent the old one back. Not a big deal, $7 on shipping is a lot better than buying a new set. I received the replacement a week after they received my damaged set. The color was much better and it felt softer, but because of my last experience I decided to really check it out. I weighed it. My set was the 16" 160 gram set. The TOTAL weight was 164 grams. Each clip weighs 1.5 grams X 21 clips =31.5 grams in clips for a total of only 128.5 grams in hair. Probably less if you could weigh the wefting. This was their response :

"No where has it said that the clips and weft are not included in the grams. The whole set weighs that amount so it is correct. you can return for a refund if you wish but if the whole set weighs 164g then it is correct. If we counted the clips and weft we would total that gram amount in the set also. Just like every hair extension company out their. They weigh the set as a hole."

Bad business. The main reason I went with them is because of the weight. Fyi: the other main company claims 18" at 120 grams. If clips we included it would probably look like skeleton hair. Shame on them.

I've purchased three sets of extensions from MFH. The first two were good, lasted a while. My only issue was the ash blond color was a little brassy. After the second or third wash I had to use a purple shampoo with both sets. Corrected the issue no problem. I bought the third set when they had a 15% off coupon and didn't use it for about a month after I bought it ( I was still using my last set) I guess I should have examined it better as soon as I got it. This set was really brassy, definitely not ash blond. I decided to wash with the shampoo right away. The hair was so porous and uneven that random spots soaked up the shampoo right away and I ended up with purple patches all over the hair after only two minutes. I've been wearing extensions for over ten years and I've used the shampoo on just about every set, so I do know what I'm doing. I let them dry and went ahead and tried to wear them. Just put the spotted ones towards the bottom (they were more of a gray color once dried) it looked ok, but the hair knotted up on the bottom in the FIRST wear. It usually takes months for that. This set was complete garbage. I'm giving two stars because the first two sets were good, but at 150 a pop it's really not worth the risk of getting a set like this. =(

on 3/21/2017 2:59:00 AM

I'm not sure of there's such thing as a bad batch but I'm sadly not impressed with these extensions

I've been a hairstylist for 8 years and have been wearing extensions for around 10 years I've tried over 15 brands and almost every application method I've had bad extensions and I've had great ones. At first I was excited that the extensions had a natural feel and texture to them they were soft but did tangle a little I noticed they didn't have that fake silicone feel to them they were shedding quite a bit but I figured that was just the standard amount since they were new...

I began to color them with demi color  deposit only zero lift. Now I've never had any trouble with my extensions taking the color but for some reason these didn't take the color when I washed them and did a conditioning treatment the extensions looks knotted and frayed so I set them out to air dry when I woke they were a mess :-(

I know you my fantasy hair suggests not coloring them but regardless of coloring them they should not be in this condition post color and conditioning treatment... sadly I'm not expecting you my them to exchange them because I did read the policy. I can't say that I'll purchase from my fantasy hair again which is unfortunate because i was so excited to find a brand to pass along to my clients and friends

I'm not sure if I just received a bad batch or if this is the quality of hair my fantasy puts out for their customers the quality did not match the cost in my opinion.

Anyways I just thought I'd share my experience with my purchase.

I will say your customer service was great during my ordering process so thank them for that :-)

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Horrible extensions. I put them on for the first time an a clip came off. After I sewed it back on, they still sucked. I was surprised to see that the extensions were really thin. I bought the 20" 230 gram set btw. The hair feels like plastic barbie hair and may as well be, since the hair doesn't really hold a curl or absorb dye well. The ends look fake, and they tangle like a mother. SHEDS! My gawd. From now on I will stick to Irresistible Me hair extensions - I bought some to replace the crappy MFH extensions because I didn't have enough hair, and OMG so much better quality. The blonde 613 colour is even lighter than MFH. At least IM hair extensions have regular sales and free returns!

on 8/22/2016 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My Fantasy Hair has been one of the absolute WORST brands of hair extensions I have ever had the displeasure of purchasing. I thought Bellami was bad, it's nothing compared to these. Bought them in April, by June I had lost a good 1/3 to 1/2 of the thickness to shedding and breakage, DESPITE babying them. They get worn a max of once or twice a week, washed and deep conditioned once a month, I always use a heat protectant, never heat style more than once every week and a half, brush them gently, and keep them hanging neatly in their package. Last week I asked my hair stylist to darken them up to my natural color and they have been a tangle mess ever since. I've owned several different brands of extensions and dyed every single set . I have NEVER had an issue with tangling or breakage or shedding the way I do with these. For approximately $200, I expected them to last longer than 4 months seeing as all my extensions have lasted a minimum of one to two years. DO NOT PURCHASE My Fantasy Hair. They come out of the package all soft and shiny and keep it together for approximately 2 weeks, then the shedding and the breakage starts and it's all down hill from there.

I have purchased two sets of these extensions and neither one lasted more than two months. They are beautiful until you wash them. They shed like a mother, and become tangled within 2 weeks of use. I have a lot of experience with extensions and have never had issues like these. The second set I attempted to color and saw little black dots on the end of strands, as if synthetic fibers were burnt off. Very coarse and hard to blend. the color was very uneven and overall these are a money pit. Would not recommend.

Im pretty 50/50 on whether I would buy these extensions again. My first set that i bought lasted me a long time. I had dyed them my natural color, and a few months in the ends naturally got dry and started breaking and shrinking but they still remained fairly soft and tangle less. i wear them daily as well. i was overall happy the first time around, however when i went to repurchase new ones about a month ago to do the same thing, these ones did not take well to the dye at all and were extremely splotchy looking. so I'm not sure if they changed the chemical makeup on them or if they are using a synthetic blend that didn't take or what. but immediately, IMMEDIATELY after a WEEK they were AWFUL. they knot up themselves all over-mostly at the top by the clips, they're super super super dry, and they are completely broken. I'm LIVID about wasting a good 260$ on this. I'm a college student who's hair doesn't grow so blowing money on my beauty stuff isn't exactly a walk in the park for me. i was confident in this brand and they let me down and now I'm on another journey to find some that aren't crap. Ive been on this journey for four years now. i thought i found the ones, but i guess i was wrong. :( -hit me up PLEASE if you know of any reliable long lasting brands. EDIT: Okay, so i emailed them and their customer service was great. They gave me a ton of great advice as far as dyes and genetics go. They also offered me a half off coupon to give them another chance. I am going to order a new set and see how they take. Sometimes when you order extensions you get bad sets and things like this happen. I've had tons of sets and brands before so this is nothing new. I will update this again in about a month or so to do an update on the fresh set. EDIT/UPDATE: Alright y'all, i got another set and was sadly let down again. these ones i was super confident in at first, i got them professionally dyed and they took great. dye was great, and they were still soft. well that only lasted about a week or two. they're now crap. Shed Like CRAZY. SUPER thin now. SUPER dry. and the color didn't stick, it has become very faded. I do believe that they changed the company that makes them or the chemical components added. like i said, my first set was beautiful and amazing but I've had two sets in the past 5 or so months and they're both crappy. the other ones lasted me 9 months. So i would not recommend. NEW UPDATE AS OF 11/28/17. so i ordered the virgin set- definitely would reccomend them. i didnt dye them but matched my hair color instead, and i wear them and put heat on them almost daily. its been about a year and four months with these now, and while i wouldnt say theyre in the beautiful condition they were when i got them, they arent terrible or unnatural or crappy looking by any means. theyve definitely shrunk from split ends breaking but thats what happens when you use and abuse hair lol. i loved my 22 inch virgin set

Popular Hair Products