1 review

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

From OPI's 2014 "Spotlight on Glitter" collection, this glitter polish is overall a soft rose gold with fine and medium warm, blush-bronze glitter, plus prismatic (holo) glitter in larger (but still fairly small) square glitter, as well as some fine prismatic glitter, all in a clear base. It is extremely blingy, dazzling in the bottle and on the nail. Two coats will make it close to opaque, but it's not really what I'd call an "opaque glitter".

The formula is thick and somewhat hard to work with. It's a little difficult to spread on the nail evenly, and can run on the nail and create pooling. Slow drying, as well. I ended up thinning my bottle with a few drops of thinner, but I can't say it really helped that much. The formula is just a pain to work with, pretty much.

The polish, however, is very, very pretty. Compared to how it looks in the bottle, It's a bit less pink on the nail (but still a soft rose gold), and the prismatic glitter isn't as prominent. This polish is very nice on my pale, cool-toned complexion. It's almost a super glittery version of my skin tone. Despite having owned scores of bottles of glitter polish, I have never had anything quite like this one (particularly the soft rose colour).

I love glitter polishes and at least half of my extensive polish stash are glitters. Usually, if one has a particularly bad formula, I don't hesitate to get rid of it, because I just have better things to do with my time than fool around trying to get a nail polish to work. In this case, I do find the formula pretty troublesome, but I think the polish is pretty enough and -- even better -- different enough, that it's worth the hassle.

Popular Polishes