L'Oreal Rouge Pulp

L'Oreal Rouge Pulp

3.0

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I bought my first Loreal Rouge Pulp back in 1998 and loved it then.Recently bought Passionate on Ebay and fell in love again.I wish Loreal would bring.these back.they are perfect......

on 12/22/2012 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This was discontinued a long time ago and I think L'Oreal made a mistake by doing that. These would give NYX lip cremes a run for their money!
The formula is fantastic. It's everything I want in a hybrid lipstick/lip gloss. They're creamy yet can be blotted to become matte yet they stay creamy!, they place nice with other lipsticks and glosses, don't accentuate dry flakey lips, don't feather, wear for a good amount of time and come in some truly great colors.

I think that when they came out they were ahead of their time. The shades were very fashion-forward and editorial - there were greens, silvers, metallic blues, black, greys, golds... It stood out from everything else in the makeup section at the time! They should repackage them and bring them back!
I'm so glad I found these dirt cheap on amazon and ebay. The color Blushing is my perfect nude and I spent years trying to find that shade only to give up and find a NIP tube on amazon.
The cons? The wand style applicator - it's not very hygienic. I'd prefer a squeeze tube like the OCC lip tars.
The smell is kind of old lipsticky, but I'm weird and I like that scent. I usually pair it with a scented lip balm or gloss and that takes care of the smell if I find it bothers me some days.
The packaging is very cute and art deco but I hate that I can't see how much is left so I know when to rebuy.
Even with those cons, this is my HG lip cream!
If my review helped you, click yes below!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

this has a doe foot applicator and it goes on nicely. It is a little sticky, but the taste and the smell are very plastic-like and that it the worst thing about it. It is a little hard to keep an even coat on because if you rub your lips together it shows uneven lines.

I wish this was never discontinued. Delicious has been my holy grail "red stain" lip for over 10 years now. Its a very dark slightly brownish red. If used alone, it is very drying. The way I use it is to blot on just a little and make sure the color is even throughout, then blot my lips on tissue and apply a coat of L'oreal Revealing clear gloss or a coat of any moisturizing clear gloss. What I'm left with is a just bitten stained lip, not bluish or orangey red. The look will last for hours. Right now I can only find this on places like amazon and ebay. The upside is that a tube will last for quite a while.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Why is this product disconintued. It brought back old memories of such good times. True very moistizing, but the color came opff with in an hour, low shine hggloss lo staying power, this is why colour juice went to go replace the.Do you see that the ovr the counter makup doen't get discoptinued half s fast ass drugstore brands. I liked the greens, yellows, dark plum, and clears. Neck was supertight, but the gloss did make me look more mature. Mayb that's why it was discontinued same thing with wet 'n' wild megaslicks

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I think this is discoed but anyway...I cannot get past the smell and taste. I like the texture, the amount of color, the feel and the fact that it does not make my lips peel. I was looking at the website (L'Oreal's) and I don't see this product but what I do see is a Colour Riche lip gloss that is unscented and I'm going to go tomorrow and buy some!

Despite the packaging shortcomings, I like this lip color.

It goes on clumpily if applied with the sponge applicator that it comes with, but goes on smoothly with a lip brush.

The color is strong, bright, and opaque; it lasts all day on me. The perfume-y smell has long since dissipated, (I've had one for six years), and it smells vaguely waxy. It doesn't have a strong taste.

I mainly use color 06, Craving, which I'm on my second tube of. It's a coppery-orange brown which looks better with my complexion than redder tones.

I also have 04, Passionate, which is a bright red which I use very sparingly over liner.

I saw 26, a sky blue, on a model in a magazine, and it looked great on her. I picked it up on clearance at BigLots, but haven't yet made it out of the house with it on. It just doesn't look right on me, even when I'm going for a dramatic look.

Well, I just have to keep my head high and be honest... I LOVE this product in BREATHLESS. I've bought up all of it I can find because I haven't found antyhing that gives me the same shimmery color without a ton of red.

It's a bit dark when you put it on, but after blotting it is the perfect color for me. And it's discontinued now... I'm quite sad.

Luckily I didn't pay the full price for this product - I found heaps of Rouge Pulps in different shades at a discount cosmetic store in Sydney and I chose "Breathless" for a mere three bucks. I don't know about "breathless", more like "Useless". Like some other reviewers have mentioned, not enough product comes out on the wand when you apply it - and when you DO apply it, the consistency and smell are terrible. I got sick of having to dip into the tube a zillion times with each application, only to have the gloss wear off in minutes. Seriously not worth it; now I know why it was in the bargain bin.

on 10/1/2006 8:43:00 PM

I have mixed reviews on this one.

PROS: It has very nice colors and it tastes absolutely delicious. It goes on very smooth. The best thing about this product is it never flakes. I have a problem with most lip products flaking and creasing and this product was made to eliminate all that.

CONS: This product should be cheaper, you dont neccessarily get what you pay for. I tried this product about 7 years ago when it was about $10 or more and the price has not changed. The reason I think the price should be lowered is you dont get a lot of use out of the product. I have to dip into the tube and dig around numerous times for a single use because you barely get anything out of it. It gets worse and worse and after about 10 uses or less, you really have to dig hard to get anything out, even though there is still gloss inside. Also, because the tube is colored on the outside - its difficult to tell how much product you have left.