Cosrx Galactomyces 95 Whitening Power Essence

Cosrx Galactomyces 95 Whitening Power Essence

3.1

Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate (95), Niacinamide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Betaine, Panthenol, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Allantoin, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Ethyl Hexanediol, Adenosine

on 4/30/2018 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Unfortunately this broke my skin out. It could be a number of ingredients ... however if it didn't, I would have really liked this. A viscous liquid that absorbs really quickly, non sticky, layers well under other products. A hydrating layer in an ensemble.

That is as far as I could tell how it might have worked for my skin....

Oh and the pump action is simple but effective.

on 2/11/2018 8:55:00 PM

First I have to pre-empt this by saying that even SK-II's treatment essence breaks me out slightly. But when I tried this product, hoping that it's not the Pitera/Galactomyces that I was sensitive to, I too broke out with red bumps on my usually smooth-ish skin. This is an almost immediate reaction perhaps to the high galactomyces percentage. So unfortunately it isn't a product for me. If this is your first time trying a galactomyces product, please do a patch test to check if it's suitable for you.

This essence has a light watery texture that is easily applied to dry skin making it feel a little more hydrated.  I always have to follow with moisturizer and serum because this essence has a sticky feel once it has dried.  I didn't notice any benefits (such as a reduction in hyperpigmentation or wrinkles) after using this long-term, but I also didn't have any negative reactions.  Since using this I have replaced it with a more calming toner to help my skin calm down and heal from using the Illuminage at home laser (which can make my skin super red, dry, and flaky). This essence just didn't help my skin as much as it needs during the laser treatment cycle.

COSRX actually makes another toner that I prefer over this one, that is their AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid. I like that it contains AHA's that aren't too strong to cause my skin to dry and flake. If you are a huge SK-II fan using this in its place can help you save some serious money. My more detailed review can be seen here:

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This essence was hyped by alot of people and also have tons of positives reviews. I was intrigued by the benefits of galactomyces after done alot of research and decided to get one.

There are numerous scientific studies shown galactomyces ferment filtrate is effective in moisturising, brightening, controling sebum production, decreasing acne and increasing elasticity.

This product have gel-like texture but not heavy and colorless. I can smell slight scent in this product like fresh mushroom? Thanksfully the smell fading away after the essence hit my skin. It sinks really fast into my skin and don't leave any tacky or greasy finish and I feel refreshed. And also this product really affordable and I need 8 months to finish this.

After I used this for months, I didn't see any improvement on my skin. I still have lots of breakouts and oily fast like usually. To make it worse, I started to have fungal acne around my forehead. That's my cue to threw this, since this product don't suit my skin.

on 12/31/2017 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this product has a very slick, pleasing feel to it that goes on your skin really nicely, but that's where the positives end. unfortunately, this product doesn't do a damn thing. maybe it gives a little boost of hydration, but nothing discernible. maybe it lightens a little like it claims, but nothing discernible. i could definitely remove this from my routine and see no change whatsoever.

on 12/29/2017 11:53:00 AM

This product causing severe breakouts on my skin :( my skin is oily & having some acne scars on it. I have some acnes too when my period comes. I used it twice a day & the result after 2 weeks : there are so many big & disturbing acnes around my cheeks and forehead.. even it's not my period times & they kept growing and growing i can't stand it anymore😭😭 so i stop it & my skin is better now even i had some acne scars on my cheeks because of that breakouts now. I heard from my friends that this essence would work on normal & not damaged skin only. But if u used it at your damaged skin like mine, u would get a horror story like i had😭

on 12/25/2017 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I was so meh about this product when I first tried it. But then the product that was and still is my HG ferment serum was discontinued, and I was forced to use this on a consistent basis and I really did (finally) see results from it. It definitely lives up the 'whitening' claim, but there's a lot to like here besides that. It has niacinamide, which "help[s] visibly improve the appearance of enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles, dullness, and a weakened surface", and adenosine which "has proven anti-wrinkle benefits due to its ability to energize skin’s surface so it looks smoother and younger". And btw it's not like the galactomyces ferment is a slouch in the skincare department either, it is "A nutrient dense yeast and byproduct of fermented sake. It increases product absorption into the skin and makes other ingredients in a solution more potent. In cosmetics it’s used as a moisturizing agent and has antioxidant effects. It causes epidermal cells to produce hyaluronic acid, and helps protect the skin from environmental stress." Add to that hyaluronic acid, and the skin soothers panthenol and allantoin, and you've got a great, simple, but highly functional product. You've just got to use it consistently ;)

on 9/5/2017 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I highly recommend this product to those with dry, sun-damaged skin. The reviews are very mixed--my results have been amazing, with an obvious reduction in hyperpigmentation after one week. My skin feels plump and hydrated; my acne has been behaving.

I'm not sure why the reviews are so mixed--obviously if you already have hydrated, even-toned skin, the results might not be noticeable. I am a natural redhead, 40 years old, and my skin is very dry and acne prone (flareups depend on the time of month). Also, it is the end of summer and I have been spending quite a bit of time outside, so even though I wear sunscreen, my skin always takes a beating by the end of August. Because of this, I have been avoiding harsh ingredients such as retinoids and strong AHAs (my skin is better off in the long term, although I will probably reach for at least one of these products during the winter months). My skin soaks this essence up in less than 30 seconds. I typically apply 2 pumps at night and maybe one pump in the morning. So far, I haven't been applying several layers of product on top of this, just plenty of ceramide-based moisturizer and argan oil (with lavender) to lock everything in.

This is the third essence I've tried and I have ranked them below from most to least effective.
1) CosRX Galactomyces 95 Whitening Power Essence
2) Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence (close second)
3) Goodal Waterest First Essence

I will continue to try other essence products, but given the high efficacy to price ratio, I will definitely repurchase this one.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is one of the first AB products I tried. It's a clear runny essence with no scent that's extremely lightweight, like thickened water. It spreads out super easily and as it dries it can feel a bit sticky but at the end it leaves a matte finish behind. The main reason why I purchased it was because of its star ingredient, niacinamide, widely known for its brightening benefits. I suffer from some marks left behind by old acne and was hoping this product would help. I've used it for 5 months and I can't tell it does much for that specific purpose, but it's not ineffective either. It's a very pleasant hydrating, non clogging layer in my routine that layers well with other products and overall may give a subtle glow, but it's nothing that I wouldn't dare skip. I'll happily use it until it's finished but it's not HG.