COSRX Galactomyces 95 Whitening Power Essence

COSRX Galactomyces 95 Whitening Power Essence

3.1

Galactomyces Ferment Filtrate (95), Niacinamide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Betaine, Panthenol, Glycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Allantoin, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Ethyl Hexanediol, Adenosine

on 10/15/2018 7:16:00 PM

After i used this product in a few hours suddenly have tiny little red dots under my eye area ! After i did some research found out that might be cause of fungi or bacteria infection !!! I DONT have acne problem plus I used Estee lauder and also Missha Night repair ampoules but never had such an reaction- actually i never had an immediate and/or so crazy reactions before. Im 29 and a 5 year skinjunkie . Definitely WORST product i have ever used !

on 10/10/2018 3:43:00 PM

When I used this, I got closed comedones all over within a few hours. I tried it time and again, but no luck. It wasn't until I used Kikumasamune that I realized that my skin is sensitive to ferments. Oh well... At least it wasn't drying.

I've used this product for a year, and saw fantastic results on my skin. There is a visible brightness & my skin was always super hydrated! Here are my pros & cons based on my 1 year experience:

PROs:
- FANTASTIC ingredients: Galactomyces with niacinamide!!!
- Intensely hydrating
- Minimises pores
- Adds a glow to the skin
- Brightens and evens out dark spots (slowly in combo with other products)
- An extremely affordable dupe to the SK-II First Treatment Essence

CONs:
- It's too sticky
- Hard time absorbing into the skin
- Can't layer another serum-type product on top... your face won't absorb it. So skip right to final step (moisturiser)

**WARNING: DO NOT USE ANY FERMENTED PRODUCTS ON THE SKIN IF YOU SUFFER FROM FUNGAL ACNE. IT WILL 100% BREAK YOU OUT. THIS IS MOST LIKELY WHAT HAPPENED TO THE PREVIOUS REVIEWERS WHO GAVE A LOW RATING** ..(seriously guys why are you using ferments/yeasts if you've previously suffered and/or are suffering fungal acne? lol)

Fantastic product, but for some reason it's such a hassle for the face to absorb this. It also quickly dries down to an extremely sticky finish... I have never experienced this with other essences. Unfortunately I wouldn't repurchase it for this reason since I have found better absorbing Galacto products... But I FULLY recommend.

on 7/4/2018 3:07:00 PM

Good for the thirsty skin. Add hydration without heaviness.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm currently using this product as part of my AM and PM skincare routine, I love how this helps to my skin a glassy look.

The liquid itself has a pleasant smell and is a little on the runnier side compared to a few of my other essences I use, though my skin soaks it up very quickly and leaves my skin feeling hydrated and smooth.

Even after using 2x a day this product has lasted me 5-6 months, a little goes a long way if you use multiple essences in your regime. Would definitely repurchase again.

on 4/30/2018 5:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Unfortunately this broke my skin out. It could be a number of ingredients ... however if it didn't, I would have really liked this. A viscous liquid that absorbs really quickly, non sticky, layers well under other products. A hydrating layer in an ensemble.

That is as far as I could tell how it might have worked for my skin....

Oh and the pump action is simple but effective.

on 2/11/2018 8:55:00 PM

First I have to pre-empt this by saying that even SK-II's treatment essence breaks me out slightly. But when I tried this product, hoping that it's not the Pitera/Galactomyces that I was sensitive to, I too broke out with red bumps on my usually smooth-ish skin. This is an almost immediate reaction perhaps to the high galactomyces percentage. So unfortunately it isn't a product for me. If this is your first time trying a galactomyces product, please do a patch test to check if it's suitable for you.

This essence has a light watery texture that is easily applied to dry skin making it feel a little more hydrated.  I always have to follow with moisturizer and serum because this essence has a sticky feel once it has dried.  I didn't notice any benefits (such as a reduction in hyperpigmentation or wrinkles) after using this long-term, but I also didn't have any negative reactions.  Since using this I have replaced it with a more calming toner to help my skin calm down and heal from using the Illuminage at home laser (which can make my skin super red, dry, and flaky). This essence just didn't help my skin as much as it needs during the laser treatment cycle.

COSRX actually makes another toner that I prefer over this one, that is their AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid. I like that it contains AHA's that aren't too strong to cause my skin to dry and flake. If you are a huge SK-II fan using this in its place can help you save some serious money. My more detailed review can be seen here:

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This essence was hyped by alot of people and also have tons of positives reviews. I was intrigued by the benefits of galactomyces after done alot of research and decided to get one.

There are numerous scientific studies shown galactomyces ferment filtrate is effective in moisturising, brightening, controling sebum production, decreasing acne and increasing elasticity.

This product have gel-like texture but not heavy and colorless. I can smell slight scent in this product like fresh mushroom? Thanksfully the smell fading away after the essence hit my skin. It sinks really fast into my skin and don't leave any tacky or greasy finish and I feel refreshed. And also this product really affordable and I need 8 months to finish this.

After I used this for months, I didn't see any improvement on my skin. I still have lots of breakouts and oily fast like usually. To make it worse, I started to have fungal acne around my forehead. That's my cue to threw this, since this product don't suit my skin.

on 12/31/2017 8:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

this product has a very slick, pleasing feel to it that goes on your skin really nicely, but that's where the positives end. unfortunately, this product doesn't do a damn thing. maybe it gives a little boost of hydration, but nothing discernible. maybe it lightens a little like it claims, but nothing discernible. i could definitely remove this from my routine and see no change whatsoever.