Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

4.1

Salix alba (willow) bark water, butylene glycol, betaine salicylate (4), niacinamide, 1,2-hexanediol, arginine, panthenol, sodium hyaluronate, xanthan gum, ethyl hexanediol. pH is 4. (Amount of niacinamide is 2 according to someone on Reddit who contacted Cosrx directly.)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is the first BHA product i’ve tried and it may be the last - cuz it’s amazing! i have no desire to try anything else. i worked my way up to using it nightly over about a month and my oily, dehydrated, acne prone skin has changed drastically. it’s never been smoother, softer, or more consistently clear. my foundation looks better and i need less to get full coverage. it’s affordable for me, easy to find, and a little goes a long way. i use my fingers to apply because i don’t like to manually exfoliate my face too much and wait 20-30 mins before layering anything else on. i can definitely tell if i miss a night for some reason (like when i fall asleep early on the couch and can’t bring myself to bother with it when i wake up at 2am to move to my bed). i love everything about this product and will keep repurchasing until they give me a reason not to.

on 11/9/2017 7:22:00 PM

LOVE this stuff. I used Paula's Choice BHA for years and then The Ordinary BHA. This stuff beats both of them by far. A few days after I started this my skin completely cleared up and is so smooth and even now. It doesn't irritate or dry my skin out at all.

on 11/2/2017 6:47:00 PM

I've been using this product for about 5 months now, 3-4 times per week, and so far so good. I don't know that it "power" cleans my pores, I still have some clogged pores around my nose, but regular use of this product seems to minimize future breakouts and has really tamed the hormonal acne I get to look forward to for about one week a month. The product has no smell (or it's so faint that I don't notice it), and I quite like the liquidy texture- it spreads really easily and layers well with the other products I use. I think this product is meant to be a bit of a 'silent workhorse'- you won't see miraculous results overnight, but it does work well with consistent use over time and patience. I've already repurchased a backup for when I run out (but the bottle is a pretty generous size, so it takes a while to go through) because the product isn't locally available for me and I have to have it shipped.

on 9/6/2017 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wonderful BHA product! Normally my skin cannot tolerate much niacinamide, and I see from the ing list posted that this contains that ing. However, this does not cause me any irritation unless I use it more than once per day. It's a clear, scentless (to me) liquid that's a little thicker than water. Unlike many BHA products, it contains no alcohol and is wonderfully non-drying to my skin. I'd say it's kind of like PC's BHA liquids, except less tacky/sticky, cheaper, and better at de-gunking. It does an amazing job of de-sticking and exfoliating my dead, sticky, cloggy skin cells that refuse to shed on their own. I have super oily yet sensitive, prone to dehydration skin that suffers from both rosacea and acne (lovely!). The kind of sticky dead-skin cells that need even more de-gunking power than Rx RetinA gel 0.1% 3-4x/week. This stuff is so gentle you don't think it's working, but then you see hard, deep clogs coming resolving and coming to the surface. Some like to apply w/ hands, I am wasteful and like using cotton pads to apply, but hands will do in a pinch for me. HG stuff.

on 10/31/2017 9:44:00 AM

I'm normally pretty loyal to my ASDM BH Salicyic acid toner, but I found myself running out, and I just didn't feel like waiting for something online to ship. I'd heard some good things about this from some people I really respect, so I hopped up to Ulta to pick it up. I'm so glad I did!

This isn't the cheapest product out there - I think it was around $22 a bottle, but that's not an outrageous price (as long as it works). The bottle looks very nice, slim, simple, not too cute or fancy. The pump is great - it doesn't pump too much or too little. I use about two pumps every morning, and at this rate, the bottle may last me six months. If that's the case, then the price is more reasonable than I first thought.

This feels like a watery serum - thicker than plain water, but not heavy at all. It feels just a little sticky when I first apply it, but it doesn't stay that way, and it doesn't leave any film when it dries. There's no fragrance to speak of. I don't find it either moisturizing or drying (which is fine). I've had no irritation whatsoever. My skin isn't all that sensitive, but it's nice to find acid-type treatments that feel so "neutral" on my skin. I apply it first to my T-Zone to make sure that the problem areas get most of this treatment, then just sweep the excess over my cheeks.

And it seems to be working very well. My skin is just as clear, if not clearer, than when I was using my ASDM toner. My clog -prone skin is virtually clear, and it's a wonderful thing.

I'd recommend this to just about anyone. It's not dirt cheap, but you get a lot of quality (and volume) for the price. It's mild, yet effective. I may never go back...

on 9/5/2017 6:44:00 AM

I have suffered from blackheads since I was 12 (I am now 24 so that is over a decade of stubborn blackheads) and after trying everything from nose strips to clay masks, I had given up. I had just accepted that I was probably one of those people with blackheads. Then I started reading up on BHA and I thought I would try Cosrx. It's safe to say I LOVE this product. I've been using it for 2 months now and my blackheads are gone. Not only does this product exfoliate inside the pores to eliminate blackheads, it also has niacinamide in it which helps heal acne scars. It's a win win for me. Any pimples I had are now completely gone and I haven't had any new ones since I started using this product regularly. My skin feels soft and smooth in the evening when I wash my face, so I can tell it's doing its job at exfoliating.

I should also add, since I mentioned acne scars, this product did not cure my acne. Roaccutane did that. However, after I stopped taking Roaccutane, I would sometimes get small bumps or pimples from active products. This product took those pimples away and I haven't had a single one since.

NOTE to people who find this product ineffective: BHA works best for a combination to oily skin as it is activated by oils. If you aren't oily, I recommend using a light facial oil over this once it has sunken into the skin to get it going. I use this method as my skin is feeling very balanced these days and now leans towards the normal to dry side of the spectrum thanks to my skincare routine.

on 7/6/2017 7:48:00 PM

I have combination skin that tends to be a bit dehydrated. I have large pores and used to have problems with pimples in my 20s. Nowadays, I only get maybe 1-2 pimples a month around pms. I think my skin hates this product. It doesn't irritate my skin or anything but I have tried to add it into my routine 3 times now with a few weeks break in between and each and every time after I use this I always get big zits on my face, my pores also appears larger and I see more blackheads around my nose and cheeks a few days after use. Not sure why my skin is reacting this way and seems to do the opposite of what the product is supposed to do.

on 7/30/2017 9:42:00 PM

I have many blackheads and whiteheads in my t zone. I've gone to estheticians to manually remove these clogged pores, but they just reemerge after being extracted. My pores are large and some are stretched from the constant barrage of oil and oily plugs. I had one facialist rudely comment that my pores are "huge," and that "it's not normal." I never saw her again because of her rudeness, but desperately started to seek solutions to my skin problems. I am 39 years old now-and though my skin isn't as oily as say when I was 15 or 16-my large pores has been a problem since adolescence for over 20 years. This product has made a remarkable difference in the size of my pores, number and severity of blackheads and whiteheads, and given my skin a renewed smooth texture for a low price. I highly, highly recommend this product. If you battle large pores, breakouts, and blackheads-you need something that will refine the pores, clean out the oily plugs, all without "punishing" your skin with harsh disinfectants or exfoliants. Even if you battle oily skin, you don't want to completely strip your skin of its nourishing and protecting natural oils. This product fits the bill-it's affordable, gentle, effective, the right ph level to efficiently exfoliate your skin, and targets large and congested pores. It's awesome! I will never be without it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was experiencing some clogged pores and minor blackheads, but mostly congested pores resulting in a lot of bumps and texture, mainly on my forehead, so I knew my skin wasn't being exfoliated enough with the usual methods (manual and chemical). I've seen so many great reviews on this I had to hunt it down, which isn't easy in Canada but the Showcase "As Seen on TV" store carries it so off I went to grab a bottle.

True to the other reviews, this cleared my forehead up in just a few days. Skin is smooth in texture and the small blackheads I had around my nose are now rather insignificant. I have had a few cystic acne breakouts along the lower cheek and jawline but this is due to hormonal changes wreaking havoc with my life. The good news is, this "power liquid" is indeed powerful. When acne crops up, it is less severe and the duration is much shorter than when I'm not using this product. As a spot treatment, you can apply this 2-3 times a day and watch it disappear quickly.

Admittedly I was a little apprehensive to use this as salicylic acid has really dried out my skin in past (when it was oily), even more so now that my skin is dry. But, this does not irritate my skin or contribute to the dryness in the least. I do take care to ensure I wait 20-30 mins after applying before proceeding with my skin care routine, and I only use this at night. The key to success is in finding the optimal frequency for you. Initially I was using this every night for 5 days because my skin cleared up beautifully (100%) after 5 uses. Then I switched over to twice a week. This is good enough to maintain clear, smooth skin.

Bottom line, it was worth hunting down and I will keep using this.

on 9/4/2017 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I heard many good reviews about BHA but unfortunately this product does nothing for me. :( However my skin didn't react badly to it so I guess that was good? Smells bit funky though.

The packaging isn't very good as it realised that the bottle leaked when i had in my pouch even thought I capped it on well.