Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

4.1

Salix alba (willow) bark water, butylene glycol, betaine salicylate (4), niacinamide, 1,2-hexanediol, arginine, panthenol, sodium hyaluronate, xanthan gum, ethyl hexanediol. pH is 4. (Amount of niacinamide is 2 according to someone on Reddit who contacted Cosrx directly.)

on 2/2/2018 11:58:00 AM

Black and whiteheads are my greatest enemies in life. That's why other than this, I'm also using the whitehead power liquid and aha/bha clarifying toner. Well, even when three of them are used together, I don't see much difference. I mean I don't expect them to work miracle by removing my existing white and blackheads. I do remove them with professional help, then use the trio religiously (once every two days or everyday). But the last time I checked, I still had to remove my blackheads and whiteheads through other means once every few days.

on 1/28/2018 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

46 years old, perimenopausal skin that leans combination in winter but is very oily in summer, and is still quite acne prone.

Had finally gotten my troublesome skin under control after fighting with it since puberty. Blackheads were gone, no big zits, clear skin. Enter the hormonal crazies of my mid-40s. Yeah, this sucks.

I've started the Korean 10 step skincare thing. Double-cleanse with Clean It Zero balm and Cerave, use my Clarisonic 2-3 times a week for exfoliation, tone with witch hazel (although I'm not sold on that), apply this product, then rosehip oil. Still looking for an essence and an AHA product to add in to my routine.

This is an unscented, slippery, clear, slightly viscous liquid. It comes in a plastic bottle that resembles glass with a pump. I use one pump for my whole face and apply with my fingers. Easy to spread, a bit sticky after application but sinks in quickly. Not greasy.

This seems to help keep my blackheads clear, and the niacinimde reduces redness from breakouts. I still have under the skin bumps but I'm hoping the addition of a glycolic acid product in my skincare routine will address that.

The Paula's Choice Resist 2% BHA liquid was my HG. But she charges $33 for about 4 oz - too rich for my blood! This was around $18-20, so it was more reasonable.

I did experience some irritation and possible light purging at first, since it took my skin time to acclimate from 2% BHA to 4%. I use this every night now with no problems. I'm curious to try it in the morning too, but afraid it may be too much. After 5 weeks I've hardly made a difference in the amount of product in the bottle, so this should last a good long time.

Good stuff. I believe I will repurchase.

on 1/24/2018 5:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall: 8/10 This does what it says on the tin. It gets rid of blackheads. Since using this product I have noticed my blackheads completely disappeared. It is also very gentle - it does not sting, even my sensitive skin. It just feels like a toner. I would definitely repurchase.

I really REALLY wished that this worked like all the reviews I have read. I purchased this because I wanted to reduce the appearance of the sebaceous filaments on my nose, and to get rid of small closed comedones on my forehead.

The first two weeks I used this, I experienced mild peeling/dry dead skin and a few pimples. So it seemed that I lived through the purge. I was excited to see what beautiful skin awaited for me on the other side.

Literally this did NOTHING afterwards. It didn’t break me out, but it didn’t reduce the appearance of my sebaceous filaments, nor did it have any affect on my closed comedones.

I’ve used retinoids and 2% salicylic acid products before, so perhaps my skin is too desensitized for this to take any effect? I don’t know.

on 12/31/2017 4:59:00 AM

First, to give you a picture of my skin condition: I have acne prone oily skin, where I don't really have full out breakouts, but I constantly have at least two zits on my face and whiteheads, and quite large pores.

I must say I love this product! I've been using it for a month now and, while it didn't solve my acne problems (I didn't expect it to), it does heal a lot faster and my pores are cleaner and smaller in size (they don't have that sebum-filled aspect anymore, especially on the nose where I had the biggest problem). And the next day my skin is so soft - baby soft - that I must keep myself from constantly touching it! The smell isn't really great, but it lasts very little and it doesn't bother me.

I was aware that it might make me purge, especially if my skin wasn't used to salicyclic acid, so at first I used it every four days. But then I discovered that another cream for acne I have been using for a long time also has salicylic acid, so I "dared" use it more often. I don't know if this was really the reason, but I didn't experience any purging and I now use it every other day. It also doesn't make my skin dry (also probably because it is very oily to begin with).

The price is really amazing, I usually find two-three pumps enough for my face, so I expect it to last me more than half a year. So I definitely recommend it, I can't believe I discovered this product so late.

on 12/25/2017 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I know I've said this a lot, but this time I really, truly mean it: this might be my favourite Cosrx product ever. But, I mean, is it my fault Cosrx makes some great products? No, it's not. Anyway. I have adult acne - which sucks btw -, and though I've gotten great at managing it over the last few years of using K-Beauty products sometimes you just need a BHA, you know? Except my skin cannot handle BHA, or at least it can't handle salicyclic acid for more than a day or two at a time (and yes, I know, if you look at my notepad I use some very serious actives these days, but I have never been able to handle SA) without experiencing dryness and peeling and a whole list of other things that make it Just Not Worth It. But then... but then... I found Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid, and guess what? My skin freakin' loves betaine salicylate! I can slather this stuff on my face with impunity and because it's not harsh like salicylic acid and because it's in a hydrating base my skin just sucks it right up like a long drink of water. And I get all the benefits of consistent BHA usage without any of the downsides. Oh, and it's got niacinamide and hyaluronic acid just because Cosrx is awesome. So yeah, probably my favourite Cosrx product ever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is the first BHA product i’ve tried and it may be the last - cuz it’s amazing! i have no desire to try anything else. i worked my way up to using it nightly over about a month and my oily, dehydrated, acne prone skin has changed drastically. it’s never been smoother, softer, or more consistently clear. my foundation looks better and i need less to get full coverage. it’s affordable for me, easy to find, and a little goes a long way. i use my fingers to apply because i don’t like to manually exfoliate my face too much and wait 20-30 mins before layering anything else on. i can definitely tell if i miss a night for some reason (like when i fall asleep early on the couch and can’t bring myself to bother with it when i wake up at 2am to move to my bed). i love everything about this product and will keep repurchasing until they give me a reason not to.

on 11/9/2017 7:22:00 PM

LOVE this stuff. I used Paula's Choice BHA for years and then The Ordinary BHA. This stuff beats both of them by far. A few days after I started this my skin completely cleared up and is so smooth and even now. It doesn't irritate or dry my skin out at all.

on 11/2/2017 6:47:00 PM

I've been using this product for about 5 months now, 3-4 times per week, and so far so good. I don't know that it "power" cleans my pores, I still have some clogged pores around my nose, but regular use of this product seems to minimize future breakouts and has really tamed the hormonal acne I get to look forward to for about one week a month. The product has no smell (or it's so faint that I don't notice it), and I quite like the liquidy texture- it spreads really easily and layers well with the other products I use. I think this product is meant to be a bit of a 'silent workhorse'- you won't see miraculous results overnight, but it does work well with consistent use over time and patience. I've already repurchased a backup for when I run out (but the bottle is a pretty generous size, so it takes a while to go through) because the product isn't locally available for me and I have to have it shipped.

on 10/31/2017 9:44:00 AM

I'm normally pretty loyal to my ASDM BH Salicyic acid toner, but I found myself running out, and I just didn't feel like waiting for something online to ship. I'd heard some good things about this from some people I really respect, so I hopped up to Ulta to pick it up. I'm so glad I did!

This isn't the cheapest product out there - I think it was around $22 a bottle, but that's not an outrageous price (as long as it works). The bottle looks very nice, slim, simple, not too cute or fancy. The pump is great - it doesn't pump too much or too little. I use about two pumps every morning, and at this rate, the bottle may last me six months. If that's the case, then the price is more reasonable than I first thought.

This feels like a watery serum - thicker than plain water, but not heavy at all. It feels just a little sticky when I first apply it, but it doesn't stay that way, and it doesn't leave any film when it dries. There's no fragrance to speak of. I don't find it either moisturizing or drying (which is fine). I've had no irritation whatsoever. My skin isn't all that sensitive, but it's nice to find acid-type treatments that feel so "neutral" on my skin. I apply it first to my T-Zone to make sure that the problem areas get most of this treatment, then just sweep the excess over my cheeks.

And it seems to be working very well. My skin is just as clear, if not clearer, than when I was using my ASDM toner. My clog -prone skin is virtually clear, and it's a wonderful thing.

I'd recommend this to just about anyone. It's not dirt cheap, but you get a lot of quality (and volume) for the price. It's mild, yet effective. I may never go back...