Sephora Mud Mask Purifying & Mattifying

Sephora  Mud Mask Purifying & Mattifying

4.3

on 6/8/2018 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Comparable to my beloved glamglow youthmud but a fraction of the price. Not a dupe but a great clay mask for oily skin. I don't particularly like the occasional clumps in the mask, but not abrasive. Rinsed easily with damp towel. Skin seems brighter the following day. Does tingling as it dries so not suitable for sensitive skin. I like to apply to my nose and any blemishes.

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

This mask feels just like the white GlamGlow mask. Just way cheaper! You can see your oil and pores drying through the mask just moments after you put it on. It has really helped my hormonal acne and surprisingly keeps my face feeling hydrated after. It draws out all you the impurities and mattifies your skin which is great before makeup application. Any other acne mask would leave me feeling dry and flakey. I received this mud mask a sample with my Sephora points and I am so happy I tried it! Any girls with problematic oily skin this mask is for you

on 8/1/2017 9:01:00 AM

I got a sample of this from sephora. I found the mask to be really effective, although it was kind of harsh and not that pleasant to use. Applying it I got all these little chunks that bothered me a little and the smell made me feel like I was putting something on my face I shouldn't (just a harsh metallic chemical scent). The mask was cool in that it dried very quickly and I liked seeing the color change on my skin. I looked at my face to see how much sebum was absorbed, but I only had spots on my nose. Which leads me to believe I don't need this, for my combination skin the mask was really drying and harsh and it's summer time! I think this would be a good product for those with oily skin or acne problems. This mask wasn't enjoyable to use with it harshness and smell. This almost seems more like a serious treatment.

Edit: 2 days later and I noticed my skin producing a lot more oil and I took away a lippie :(

on 2/1/2017 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG talk about a GlamGlow dupe that actually works the same (if not better in my opinion) for a fraction of the cost. I think the packaging has been updated recently but man, this stuff is amaze-balls. I have dry skin so I only use this on my nose and chin area (blackheads and texture) and man, again, amaze-balls. After only 1 use my blackheads have been pummeled. They're still there but are SIGNIFICANTLY lighter, and I have very stubborn blackheads. This mask pulls all the oils and gunk out of my pores. And surprisingly, doesn't leave my skin super dry or anything afterwards. It does tingle a tiny bit but nothing that bothered me. Definitely highly recommend. The only bummer is it's only good for 6 months, whereas most of my other masks are good for 12 - 24 months.

on 1/18/2017 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

To put it upfront really like this mask. The price is fair, the packaging is substantial, it's quite thick but easy to spread and smells earthy as others said. You can really see it sucking the oil out of the pores, especially on the nose area. Dries and hardens fast while it changes color which takes about 10'. The orange peel powder acts as a mechanical exfoliant. I wet my face before rinsing and massage while adding more water while removing the mask so it doubles as a face scrub. The skin is left very clean and soft afterwards, also really helps with imperfections.

The only negative aspect it that it stings slightly sometimes so I'm not sure how sensitive skin would react and you need to use a potent moisturizer afterwards.

Ingredients: Kaolin, Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Powder, Capryloyl Glycine, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Cl 7799 (Iron Oxides), Phenoxyethanol, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Hydroxide, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Copper Gluconate

on 12/31/2016 3:31:00 PM

My HG mask are from Glam Glow but it wasn't in stock and I decided to pick this up instead. I had a couple of random zits, painful but not yet ready for extraction. I tried L'Oreal mask first hoping to dry them out.. nothing. Next day I used my Sephora mask.. I swear the heavens open and the zit angels took my bumps with them. No lie the next morning, the pain was gone and the smaller 2 were basically gone. The painful raised one was just a slight bump, no pain. I think this will replace one of my Glam Glows.. it works amazingly and it's about $20. Glam glow are $70.

on 11/14/2016 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

I wanted to like this. I bought it on a whim while away from home - I usually make my own mud mask w/ clay, yogurt, rosewater and honey - and this was recommended by the Sephora SA.

Pros: goes on relatively smooth, got at least 7 full face applications out of the jar, nice packaging.

Cons:
-VERY drying. I have very oily skin - like an oil slick - and I found this too drying. I usually use a makeup brush to apply masks, but I wasn't at home so I used my fingers. It wreaked havoc on my hands from being drying!
-PERFUME. I'm not usually sensitive to smells and I don't mind scented products, but this was way too strong and chemical smelling. Since you put it on your face and it smells more as it dries, it ends up stinging your eyes.
-weird knobbly bumps. I'm not sure what these things are, but they don't exfoliate and they just make washing the mask off more difficult.

Would not repurchase. If you invest $40 up front for some NOW solutions clay, rose water, activated charcoal etc, you can make your own mask easily that will last a year or more. It is probably better for your skin and way cheaper.

UPDATE: Nearly 2 years and a couple of repurchases later, I still LOVE this. HG!

Background: NC20 complexion, Chinese descent, skin is beginning to become more sensitive & acne-prone as I age.
I was originally considering purchasing Glam Glow, but for some weird reason, I stumbled upon the reviews of this here and based on the raves, I purchased this instead and I'm very glad I did! My skin has been breaking out horribly the past 3 months after coming off antibiotics (lack of sleep/poor diet/stress ain't helping out, either) & I'm in desperate search for products that will help. I found that zinc oxide rash cream helps calm down my skin that's why I chose this mask. I've only used this 2x so far and I think this might be my HG mask--it's that good!
Pros:
1. Smells good
2. Easy to apply (I use an old foundation brush)
3. Doesn't take long to dry (around 10mins for me)
4. Easy to take off (I use a cotton cloth soaked in warm water)
5. Doesn't break me out nor aggravate existing spots (Very important!)
6. Visibly dries out existing spots
7. Makes my face so matte, yet comfortable afterwards. It really sucks out all the yucky oil because I'm still visibly matte the day after!
Con:
1. It's 3x more expensive than the Queen Helene masques, but I like this better so I don't really mind paying that much for it.

If you have combination/oily/acne-prone skin, please try this, it's the best Sephora skincare product for me!

A friend gave this to me as a birthday gift claiming it was a dupe for Glam Glow. I had previously bought the mini version, and was super impressed with it but felt it was too expensive to keep buying. This product exceeded my expectations and has become a permanent part of my skincare regime :) I use it once a week - usually when my skin is starting to break out - and my face looks 100 times better when I wake up in the morning. It shrinks all my acne spots, evens out my skin tone, expholiates, and makes my face feel SO clean. I barely make a dent in the container with each use, and it's only 30 bucks a jar... What a steal! Love love love

on 7/15/2016 6:11:00 AM

I was very tempted to buy the Glam Glow clearing treatment after hearing so many people rave about their whole line, but was put off by the horrific $98 for a few grams of product. After hearing so many Youtubers and bloggers RAVE about this, I decided to buy a tub for $26, which was still expensive but a far less drastic amount than the Glam Glow. Many have said that this dupe works just as well, if not better, than the GG, and I don't doubt it! It works really nicely with my skin, even the first application cleared out the pores on my nose (which I didn't think had anything wrong with it at first!). It has a really strong, earthy scent (kinda like fresh dirt?) but is quite pleasant after a while. Didn't burn my skin or anything, just had a tightening sensation that meant it was working. Highly recommend to purchase before you think about the Glam Glow one.