Sonia Kashuk purple seductia

No Image

4.5

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Scored a container of this fragrance in the bath gel form on deep markdown at Target. Yowza! Love it. Will go back to search for it in other forms, and even at full price. Very lush floral fragrance, but not overwhelming. Smells expensive even though it's not. Recommend.

on 8/29/2015 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Sonia's Purple Seductia EDT is a fresh, sparkling mixture of tangy citrus and fresh-cut roses. It's richened by the patchouli note (accounting for the "seductia"), creating a near- perfect combination. It is a bit reminiscent of my beloved yet outrageously expensive Baies candle and room spray. I am a huge fan of rose scents as long as the rose is fresh and artfully combined with something citrusy (pomegranate in this case) and/or sweet (i.e. the amber in Stella).
When I sprayed it on in the stifling 105 degree Texas heat before my son's dentist appointment this summer, my mother immediately began complaining that it smelled like "soap." How can this be a bad thing in the sweaty misery of a Texas summer, I ask you? No wonder my mother has never worn perfume! In contrast, the more aesthetically-astute receptionist (who had missed my mother's comment), complimented me on my "beautiful" perfume. Most importantly, both my son and I loved it. Sadly, the pretty glass bottle (gently) fell off the coffee table onto my wood floor a couple of weeks after I'd purchased it and shattered, spilling almost all of the 3.4 ounces of bliss. I was not pleased. As relatively inexpensive as Kashuk's fragrance is, I am struggling to afford the basics right now & the EDT was a splurge. I had purchased it on impulse at Target because I was out of perfume and was (forgive the pun) "seduced" by the great scent and low price; the terrible packaging negates the latter. The tiny fall off a table wouldn't have made a dent in the typical strong glass bottle used to contain almost all higher-end perfumes. Rather than increasing the price with such a bottle, Sonia's would ideally sell in a plastic spray bottle at a price point closer to that of Parfums De Coeur. Sonia's line attempts to replicate the quality of higher-priced lines, while selling them less expensively. Sadly, this middle-of-the-road approach sometimes backfires & this is a great example. The scents are great, but I'd love to see them packaged in unbreakable (and less expensive) packaging. They could then be sold at a lower price for those of us who must economise & prefer to use all 3.4 ounces on our person rather than the floors of our home.

Popular Fragrances