OPI Worth A Pretty Penne

OPI Worth A Pretty Penne

4.8

on 12/21/2017 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Scored this at Homegood's for $3.99, cursory online research while on the l o n g checkout line reflected positive reviews. I adore OPI and with few exceptions have rarely been disappointed. I also love many rose gold polishes, this being a slightly coppery one. I'm quite fair and as lovely as this looks I sense this would look really stunning on someone with warmer and deeper skintone, for me a more rose/pink pigment is ideal. I've been wearing this 3 days and so far no chips or cracks. I applied a base coat and 4 coats of color and an OPI top coat so I doubt this is not going anywhere anytime unless I abuse my nails.
I would describe this color as a coppery rose gold with silver and pink microshimmer which leveled and dried quickly. Considering this is metallic shimmer I have smooth results with no ridges or visible brush strokes. I would not buy again because this is not a color I would likely need to repurchase, if it was I'd stock up.

on 10/17/2017 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A gorgeous, glittery, rose gold shot with microfoiled metallic shine. Opaque after 1 or 2 coats. Super long wearing - and actually bit hard to remove. Very "on trend" this fall (2017)- but actually released in 2015 or so. Lurve.

I love this color more than Essie's Penny Talk! It almost looks coppery in the bottle, but with two layers it has a gorgeous rose gold color with hints of silver giving it a glamorous look. I use it on my ring fingers and pair it with Essie's new gel Fairy Tailor and it looks so pretty together! I apply the gel top coat and it stays for a good couple days, since I was my hands a lot at work. Worth it!

on 4/11/2017 1:34:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Love the colour it's a bright light copper with rose gold in it but if you look at it closely you will also notice flecks of sliver. It applies nicely in 2 coats and dries very quickly. I found it chipped faster than other polishes though, barely lasting a day on me even with a base and top coat. Colour is very nice though so I would repurchase.

on 1/29/2016 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I agree with tabloid's review. It's a rose gold shimmer with enough light it's like a metallic foil. But the rose gold is kind of pinky nude with silver sheen and copper shimmers. Got a little mauve, peach and even grey cast to it. Nude with attitude as tabloid said.

I have Coz-U-Melted in the Sun and that is just a sheer version of this.

This covers enough in 1 coat that you could hit it with a clear top coat and be done, but 2 looks better. It won't show your nail line with 1 coat unlike Coz U Melted which remains sheer enough to have a faint nail line up till 3 coats or more.

Like it's cousin CozUMelted, it has a "gritty" look to it from the abundance of shimmer bits. It shows any nail imperfections so a good ridge filling base coat is a plus.

I use Sally Hansen Insta Dri Anti Chip Top Coat (the flat red bottle) which has the ability to smooth out imperfections and kind of melt the gritty look into something nice. I suggest using that if you need a top coat recommendation. It melts brush marks, bubbles and the like right out as it does the Seche Vite magic at a lower cost.

If you like rose gold jewelry or the pale nude pink in clothes, this is one to try. The copper tones make it redhead friendly and it doesn't leave my hands looking horridly red or yellowish.

Not sure if I love it enough for a second bottle, what I'm really looking for is a replacement for Smokin' in Havana which has been d/c for a while. Something in the brown with bronzey glimmers kind of polish. That is why I bought it, and I do like it, but not sure I'd buy again. Still put yes down because I might.

on 8/28/2015 12:49:00 PM

Worth A Pretty Penne is part of OPI's 2015 fall collection, Venice. The company calls it a shimmery copper, but to me, it's a rose gold with a foil finish (if you want a true shimmery copper, check out Essie's Leggy Legend from its fall 2015 collection). WAPP went on very smoothly without a hint of streakiness or patchiness. It's a beautiful shade which is not too flashy; against my tanned hands, it's almost a nude with attitude.

Popular Polishes