Mineral Fusion Liquid Mineral Foundation

Mineral Fusion Liquid Mineral Foundation

Not tested on animals
Mineral Fusion is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua, Caprylic/capric triglyceride, Cera alba, Stearic acid, Glycerol caprylate, Glycol palmitate, Glyceryl stearate, Silica, Oryza sativa (Rice) starch, Mica, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf extract, Roman Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) extract,Rosa canina (rosehip) oil, Aspalathus linearis (rooibos red tea), Thymus vulgaris (thyme) extract, Olea europaea (olive) leaf extract, Camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) extract, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Powder, L-ascorbic-acid (Vitamin C), Phenoxyethanol. MAY CONTAIN ( /-): Titanium dioxide, Black Iron oxide, Red Iron Oxide, Yellow Iron Oxide.

on 9/15/2018 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I purchased this foundation in the original formula and loved it. In fact, I think it was probably the best foundation I've found. Unfortunately, a year or two ago they changed the formula. Now the second ingredient is Isopropyl Palmitate - highly comedogenic! I am a 50 year old woman who has never had a real issue with breakouts and this new formula gives me huge pimples all over my face every single time I wear it. I sure wish I knew of a dupe for the old formula.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Why did I buy this ? Does not last through a full 8 hour work day. Not even with primer, powder or mattifier. If you sweat just a little bit you have makeup running down your face! Also it does not blend, just sits on your face and the color matches are horrible.

on 11/4/2016 6:23:00 PM

I am a big fan of Mineral Fusion products - LOVE their mineral powder foundation, and mascara - so I was really excited to try their liquid foundation, especially given all the great reviews. I have a tricky skin-type in that I have very fair, very oily combination skin with dry patches that appear from time to time.

I chose the lightest shade "neutral" and it turned out to be a good colour match for my skin. Unfortunately that's where the benefits ended for me. Although the colour is good and does not oxidize, I find the texture extremely difficult to work with. No matter how it's applied, I've found it difficult to blend without it looking streaky and uneven. Even when applied in thin layers with a damp sponge, it seems patchy does not blend smoothly.

Once it's on my face, it doesn't seem to meld properly with my complexion either. Instead it sort of sits on the surface of my skin in a mask-like manner. It also highlights any dry patches that might be present.

It does seem to have reasonably good staying power, but I was really hoping for something a bit more natural looking. I'm determined to finish off my bottle as it was pricey, but I sadly I will not be repurchasing. My quest for a good foundation continues!

on 9/22/2016 9:00:00 PM

This is by far the best foundation I've tried. Beats the dozens I've purchased (for way more money) at sephora. Looks flawless, great lasting power and doesn't break me out. Only drawbacks are the limited colour selection and lack of oil control. It's an awesome foundation.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is probably the only foundation I've ever found that doesn't irritate my eyes at all. I'm mid-forties, with rosacea,acne and extremely pale skin. I'm also really oily. This is my everyday foundation if there is no sweating involved.

This doesn't cause breakouts (at all), and it's labeled gluten-free. W1 is an almost-too-pale match for N10 skin, and it doesn't oxidize.

The only complaint I have is that sweat destroys it. If you're going to be sweaty, find something else to wear (CoverFX stick foundation, for example.) Otherwise, this is an absolute HG.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have oily skin with many closed comedones and slight redness on my cheeks, dark circles beneath my eyes and clogged pores; I get a few breakouts here and there but my main issue is more with skin texture and quality, rather than acne. Honestly, this entire brand is absolutely fantastic, and I would recommend any of there products to someone with my skin type (can't vouch for my dry skin peeps, but there reviews seem to be just as enthusiastic).

This foundation does great things for my oily/acne prone skin; it keeps a matte look almost all day, and covers my skin flaws marvelously without looking cake-y or thick. Paired with a matte effect primer and a setting spray/powder, this is the perfect foundation for my skin type. The mineral formula seriously has made a difference in the quality of my skin, this brand in particular, no matter what product you're using, does wonders for reducing redness and keeping oily skin at bay, my skin almost always looks better after taking my foundation off at the end of the day. I found the best way to apply this product is with your fingers, then blend with some sort of sponge. So nice to have found a brand that is on my skins side!

on 12/9/2015 7:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation was honestly just an impulse buy before hitting the salad bar at whole foods (oops). However I am now on my second bottle! I have extremely sensitive and acne prone skin so I was a bit hesitant to try this, but now I am scared to try anything else! This foundation looks so natural and doesn't break me out. I am SO prone to redness, irritation and clogged pores. In the past I've used Mac Studio Fix, Makeup Forever HD, Nars Sheer Glow and Laura Mercier TM. I wanted to replace my old foundation with something a little more "natural". I know Mineral Fusion isn't completely organic, but hey I feel like its got to be better than some of those chemical laden foundations I used to use! I really didn't think this foundation would perform as well as my beloved MUFE or Studio Fix, however I am loving this Mineral Fusion foundation even better than all the others! I am a pretty oily gal and I hardly ever have problems with this foundation. My nose sometimes gets a bit oily but that's about it. That is pretty freakin awesome in my opinion! I feel like more people should know about this foundation... if you're reading this TRY IT! You can get it at Whole Foods or any other kind of health store. They also sell it on their site and typically have 20% off promos running almost always (I always buy mine at Whole Foods though.. I don't like to wait on shipping!) Wish it came with a pump but thats pretty much my only complaint. Well, actually their color selection kind of sucks too, and whoever named these shades has no idea what they're talking about... But hey, I'm still over the moon about this foundation! I wear the shade "Cool 2" but definitely do not have a cool undertone. They always have displays out at Whole Foods so you can see what the shades look like and test them out. I apply with a Real Techniques expert face brush and it goes on like a dream. I just set with a powder and it's good to go. I couldn't be happier with this foundation! Besides, it gives me an excuse to go to Whole Foods and pay 10$ for a salad at the salad bar ;)

on 11/9/2015 3:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This has become my holy grail foundation. It doesn't break me out and looks flawless on the skin. I am very pale, with warm undertones, which makes it nearly impossible for me to find a foundation that matches my skin tone. Warm 1 matches me perfectly. I'm so happy I discovered this one. Love it!

on 9/27/2015 11:21:00 AM

I finally decided to try out this liquid foundation after using (and loving) the powder for a few months. This is the best foundation I've ever tried! When I put it on, even with three layers, it still looks like skin. The coverage is light/medium in one layer, but it is buildable to a medium coverage. Dark spots will need a concealer to cover, as with most foundations. It doesn't have a pump, and that may be an issue for some people.

It's also perfect for my sensitive skin. Every foundation and almost every concealer I've ever tried irritates my skin, to the point where my skin gets a faint pink hue and it feels like it burns. This is the only foundation I've tried that doesn't do that, and I've tested pretty much everything they have at Sephora and all the drugstore brands. I love that it has skincare ingredients and is less toxic than other brands. This was my first time buying makeup from Whole Foods and I am super impressed. It's well worth the 30 I spent.

I have to say I am in love with this foundation. It really is unlike anything I have tried so far. Let me give a little background about my skin concerns and what I look for in a foundation. I have a very oily t-zone with normal cheeks and a few dry patches here and there. So, very combination skin. I have very dehydrated skin so anything very mattifying makes me even more oily. I am very sensitive as well and can break out in acne or rashes very easily. I have some scaring and due to age I am starting to get small fine lines. (Which means some foundation settles into them.) I also live in AZ which means in the summer everything just about breaks down and separates from the heat. If you can believe it this foundation has all my concerns covered.

(Also, I am about an NC15 and Warm 1 and Neautral 1 both work for me just fine)

The Breakdown:

- Medium buildable coverage
- Thin liquid formula (For a reference point, the consistency is somewhere between Revlon Nearly Naked and Colorstay)
- Can be layered for more coverage without getting cakey
- Highly pigmented
- Color range makes for an easy match (color descriptions are on the Mineral Fusion website.)
- Extremely easy to blend
- Luminous Matte / Satin matte finish (Very forgiving texture)
- Skin like finish
- Sets fairly quickly but not super fast where you "race the clock" Just the right amount of blend time
- Blurs imperfections
- Very smoothing
- Didn't settle into pores
- Long Wearing! (This didn't separate on my oily t-zone in 115 degree heat for a solid 8+ hour day. I had to blot but I never had to re-powder which is a first for me)
- Didnt get oily, shiny or greasy with long wear time
- Doesn't cake, smear, smudge, or otherwise move
- Transfer Resistant!
- Doesn't settle into fine lines or wrinkles
- Doesn't cling to dry patches (actually helped moisturize my dry patches)
- I have had NO adverse skin reactions to this at all (acne, rashes, stinging, etc)
- Plays well with other products (moisturizer, primer, concealer, powder, etc)
- Safe ingredients

Everything the website claims I find hold to be true:

Flawless, Full Coverage
Luxurious, full-coverage mineral foundation blends easily for naturally flawless skin that won't feel heavy or greasy.

Age-Defying
A unique fusion of antioxidant-rich Rosehip Oil, Pomegranate, and Vitamin C plus our collagen-boosting Peptide help firm skin and prevent signs of aging.

Skin-Soothing
Formulated with only the safest, most gentle ingredients, the natural UV protection of minerals, plus skin-soothing Licorice Root, Aloe Vera, and Lavender and nourishing Shea Butter. Great for use on all skin types.

Formula Purity
Gluten Free :: Cruelty Free :: Paraben Free :: Artificial Color Free :: Fragrance Free :: Talc Free :: Hypo-allergenic :: Phthalate Free

I am incredibly impressed with this foundation. Regardless if you are looking for natural or organic foundations I would still recommend trying this. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. There is no pump with this foundation, but it's something I can overlook considering how amazing the product is.
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!