2.5

price range

Reviews

from

a month ago

This is one of the more expensive cleansers I've used so far and also a little different from what i usually go for. I normally go for the foaming water based cleansers, never tried a oil cleanser before. However there are somethings that i don't mind spending a little extra on depending on what it is, you know? I haven't read any reviews on this product and am a little surprised by the low ratings on this site. Is a nice thin oil that is easy to use and apply, you dont need to use a lot, just a single pump is more then enough. Feels very nice and soothing on the skin, was also surprisingly easy to rinse off because i thought that since it is an oil cleanser it would be harder to get off but nope. Doesn't have any added fragrances other then the natural scents of the ingredients used, i think it smells kinda like coconuts but its not an overpowering or very fake smell, like some of the other products i have used. My skin felt and looked unbelievably clean AND hydrated after using this which is a rare combo for my dry skin. As i have said in other reviews, most hydrating cleanser don't add a lot of moisture or actually dries me out even more. I love what this does to my skin and I haven't had any irritation that other reviewers experienced. I also really do like the packaging, is a nice clear bottle with a pump. I am trying to switch over to eco-friendly and all natural products just because that is what i personally prefer to use especially after trying a few and i just like the idea of using products that dont have any harsh chemicals that will harm the earth. Overrall i am very happy with this cleanser and highly recommend people with dry skins to check it out if you are interested in a good all natural cleanser but don't mind spending a little extra.

About reviewer (163 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

2.0

2 months ago

This stings my eyes. Cosmetics shouldn't be painful or irritating, particularly face products that is supposed to be used near the eye area. It's not worth it and should be everyone's first criterias for beauty products. I will be avoiding this product in the future and I'm on the hunt for a non irritating formula. Pass on this one. Not recommended

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

3.0

4 months ago

Hmm, this hasn't done any positive to my skin. Every skin is different. I would say that it is the same as regular soap. But way more expensive.

About reviewer (39 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

1.0

4 months ago

Unfortunately aggravated my Melasma, hyperpigmentation and rosacea. Will take months if ever to get back to acceptable cleat skin without marked redness and hyperpigmentation.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

5 months ago

I've been looking for a good, clean, affordable cleansing balm/oil and this one fits the bill. Honestly, I still prefer Clinique's Take the Day Off Balm, but this does a good job at half the price. The scent is a little strong, but I can live with it. I use this as my first cleanser. I follow up with either Cereve's cleanser or a miscellar water. I have to tell you, that cotton ball is pretty darn clean. There just isn't much left for the miscellar water to clean up after using this. This takes off my eye makeup as well.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

5 months ago

This is a great cleansing oil. Now that the cleansing oil craze has died down it's also the only one under $30 at CVS. Pros: 1. Smell is natural unlike some cheaper ones that smell like petroleum 2. Takes off everything including waterproof mascara that laughs at removers 3. Helps keep my skin clear 4. Lasts a long time without spoiling Cons: 1. Price I tried to just use my creamy cleanser to save $$ and I started breaking out for the first time in a long, long while. It's totally worth it for me and it you are clog prone, double cleansing can be a game changer.

About reviewer (59 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

6 months ago

I don’t understand why this isn’t rated higher. I love this cleansing oil! It takes off all of my makeup without drying my skin out or any breakouts. I used to use DHC, but that really dried out my skin over time. This one is very gentle and effective. I don’t notice any eye irritation any more than any other cleansing oil.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

EyesHazel

10 months ago

I really like the Clinique Take the Day off cleansing balm. I went through two containers and I read about this Burt's Bees Cleansing oil and for the price I had to try it. I was a bit nervous to try this because I am allergic to Burt's Bees lip balms. I tried this because of the price and that this is an oil. Clinique Take the Day off is easier to scoop out into your hand, but I find that sometimes that getting my waterproof mascara off, Clinique struggles. Then I purchased the Clinique Take the Day off for eyes and still the waterproof mascara did not come off. This gets expensive, Burt's Bees I can use on the entire face, neck, and eyes. The pump is nice with the locking device so if you had to travel with it, you can without the product spilling out. I like that. The product is an oil, so make sure to pump into your hands and cup them or the product will run out. I will use one pump and then rub into both hands and then rub into the entire face and eyes. This stuff is better than Clinique because it removes all my makeup... even waterproof mascara. I will apply this all over my face to remove makeup and then I will sweep the excess into the roots to ends of my hair. My hair feels nice. I use Neutrogena acne wash after this product so I have not noticed any breakouts and/or issues using this. This product can be a bit drying on the skin in the winter. After removing makeup, washing my face, I will apply moisturizer to put hydration back into the face. Here is the weirdest awesome side affect of this product. I have been using this for over a month. I noticed that my eyelashes have gotten longer and fuller. Since I sweep this through my hair, I am wondering if my hair will get fuller. Will update later.

About reviewer (243 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

1.0

a year ago

At the end of last year, I had switched out my facial regime with a new one from Paula's Choice. My skin was looking absolutely amazing and I was sure I had finally found my HG routine. Fast forward to me wanting to try out the double cleanse method using an oil since I had heard such good things about it. I ended up with cystic acne all over my chin and cheeks. I started taking things out of the Paula's Choice line thinking maybe I was having a reaction to something there. Nothing was working and my skin had never looked worse. Well, I ended up running out of the Burt's Bees cleanser so I just stuck with the PC cleanser. Lo and behold, my skin completely cleared up and began looking good again. I ended up adding back and using the PC regime as recommended and have had zero issues since cutting out the Burt's Bees. Never again....shame on me for not researching ingredients as I now see that Burt's Bees contains coconut oil, which is a known to be highly comedogenic. I wish I had just left my routine alone to begin with....now I have to deal with the scarring left behind from all the cystic acne. I would not recommend this cleanser to anyone.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2.0

a year ago

Way, way too drying. I wouldn't use this on the eye area - it says not to on the bottle - so I'm reviewing this for how it performs on the rest of my face. My skin feels so stripped after this. Probably a good choice for very oily skin, but for me this gets a pass. I wanted to keep using it, but at this point I feel like it's been a couple of months and I got my money's worth. This product is very potent; half a pump is plenty for the whole face. So, in that respect, it's good value.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive, Warm