4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 months ago

This lipstick confuses me but I do like it. I’m also not sure if it’s still on the market? The tube is sturdy & sleek black plastic with a white flower (?) design. It feels luxe and well made but not OTT. The formula is super nice. It’s a sheer with nice heft and glide but doesn’t entirely sink into the lips so it’s not 100% perfect (for me) but still up there in terms of sheer formulations. The color is described as a sheer plummy mauve, and online swatches support this, but with my coloring (olive skin, dark hair, very pigmented lips) Perfume of His Gaze (also lmao at the name) is a pretty straightforward glossy cool-toned beige with some hints of mauve. I have to wear it with specific makeup at a specific time of year (when I’m not too tan/warm) or I’ll look VERY washed out, but it looks great when all the elements are working together. Lasting power is decent, and it’s moisturizing while it’s on. It has a strange lip-feel sometimes that I am not entirely on board with (like…slippery AND waxy?) but it doesn’t stop me from wearing it when I wanna. No scent. Kinda $$$ but I got it on sale and the Rouge Bunny Rouge customer service is EXCELLENT. (I also tried their blush, which is insanely amazing.)

About reviewer (542 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

a year ago

This is one of my favorite lip shades. Rouge Bunny Rouge makes the most beautiful lip products. I love their Succulence of Dew lipsticks because they are super moisturizing and sheer, but still give color to the lips. The Perfume of His Gaze color is a gorgeous plummy shade. It makes my lips look like I applied a light stain and then a gloss over top, but this does it in one product.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinAcne-prone

HairBlond

EyesBlue

5 years ago

Despite the silly name, this is a really lovely lipstick. RBR describes it as a "wet effect, medium transparency, cool-toned rose taupe." On me, it's a beautiful, natural MLBB mauve that is fairly glossy on the lips and is indeed of medium transparency. It feels like heaven when appplied--it is quite moisturizing--and my lips still feel good when I take it off. As you might expect, the wear time is not great (depending on whether or not you eat or drink), but I love the shade so much I don't mind reapplying. This lipstick comes in the usual sturdy black metal RBR case, which stays closed no matter where you carry it--a big plus. This shade is about as close as I can get to a nude lip, so I'm really loving this lipstick with an elaborate eye or for a natural look. I'm a big fan of RBR lipsticks, and I would repurchase this one in a heartbeat.

About reviewer (1192 reviews)

Age56 & Over