MAC Upward Lash

3.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

By watching the various reviews here, you can clearly tell that mascara is o so personal. You like it or not, and a lot has to do with the condition of your lashes.
I really really like this one. OMG, I wish I had found it much sooner... it would have saved me lots of money due to the numberous 'mistakes' I bought.
The small brush is ideal to catch every lash, it volumizes, defines and curls in the most beautiful way.
It gives me wonderful lashes without being over the top.
I am so excited - I found my new HG.

UPDATE: I knew this was too good to be through... after a couple of weeks, this mascara started to clump, was smudgy. No idea why, but its texture changed for the bad. From a 5 star mascara to a 3 star in only a couple of weeks.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Oh my goodness! What a disappointment!!! I was so excited for this to come in. I'd used a sample of this and absolutely loved it. It made my lashes thicker but not gloppy - lengthened them - and actually held a curl all day! No smudges and for me that's a miracle!!! I have naturally long lashes - with mascara they hit my brow bone, so I have problems with mascara transfer a lot - and I'm an oily skinned girl. But the sample was so awesome -- I couldn't wait to order it, even at $23.00. Boy was I ever let down when I went to use it!!! It clopped, clumped, and glopped my lashes SO bad. It did not lengthen or even begin to coat the lashes that I have! I even tried three different times to get this to work, I wanted it to work, so badly. I really liked the small wand, it is easy to get into tight spaces in the corners of your eyes. It is extremely black - which I do like, but it's a HOT MESS. It totally straightened my curled lashes out - flat!!! Totally weighted the down, and I cannot deal with this mascara!!! It is going BACK to MAC!!! Don't be fooled by the little sample!! It's just awful!!! If it can make my lashes look awful (and I have great lashes) you don't want it!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The Good:

This built a lot of volume quickly, yet it didn’t clump. The plastic brush keeps the lashes nicely separated and allows you to pick up little lashes as well as the longer, more obvious ones. It also made my lashes significantly longer, and the black pigment was rich and dark.

The Bad:

It's $23, which is double the cost of most mascaras at the drugstore, some of which perform very well.

The Ugly:

Smudged under my eyes…a lot.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This came in a set with two lip products and a bag. I was mostly interested in the other pieces, so waited awhile before trying the mascara. That was a mistake because it's the first MAC mascara I have liked. The little brush made it easy to apply multiple coats to build volume and length quickly. Any clumping was minimal after combing through with the wand, I don't know if this mascara is supposed to curl your lashes "upward," but I didn't use a separate lash curler, and the mascara did what I want mascara to do. Even my bottom lashes looked full and lush. Most mascaras flake a little or a lot on me, but surprisingly, this one barely did, even when I took a long afternoon nap. Removal was easy with my normal cleansing oil. I will use this tube up and consider repurchasing once I work through more of my mascara stockpile.

I used this from a sample I got with my many MAC orders. I find this mascara weird, for lack of a better term. I can never use it on its own but it's good to raise the lashes and open up my eyes. I wouldn't use it for anything other than that, as the lengthening power is not great at all.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this like Every Other mac mascara ive Ever used flakes in a matter of hours.under your eyes looks like crap.black fallout everywhere.Mac is so Great at Every Other product ive used of theirs why Cant they get mascara right?the only redeaming quality is the packageing.because well its MAC need i say more.After trying Every mascara in Their line i would recommend avoiding MAC for mascara completly.They all are the same. "a frenzy of flaky fallout"

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Awesome! My very favest mascara is volume de chanel & as mentioned by another reviewer if you like it 1 u may like the other. The brush is tiny so it gets every last lash not like the TF BTS brush being much bigger even the small tube. This is inky black & supposedly "humidity resistant..." I got this in the xmas Nutcracker set of lipsticks (this mascara, retro matte liquid, retro matte lipstick & a very adorable bag). The only thing that would top this is a waterproof formula, but I love this mascara!! #winning #bigtimeYES !!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Why do I keep trying MAC mascara? I have yet to find a good one, or even a decent one! So I let myself be talked into this Upward Lash mascara when I was buying some Lipstick at the MAC counter. "This one is different", the MA said, "because it has this little brush that brings out even the tiniest, hidden lashes". And, the brush is unique, it is small and puts me in mind of Maybelline Lash Discovery, sort of. I have very straight lashes, so I got to great lengths to curl them. This mascara goes on very wet, so that any curl I had in my lashes is gone after one coat, and instead of being Upward Lash mascara, it is Downward Lash mascara. It is a wet, goopy mascara that clumps and flakes off. I LOVE MAC for most of my makeup needs, just not the Mascara.

I'm very picky about mascara that i buy and i have high expectations from it, especially if i buy expensive products that claim to be professional. Usually i do whatch a few videos with application of the product along with reviews and this mascara was absolutely amazing which made me buy it. So after my first application i was very shocked and disappointed cuz it took me about 10 minutes to apply it evenly and get at least any length, and let me tell u something- my lashes are super long naturally! So any simple mascara gives huge effect, but not this one.... "ok" i thought, maybe it was just the first time when i haven't got used to the brush and the product, but any other application was the same..:( my lashes are long and tangled and after applying this mascara they looked short and tangled, so it actually makes them look inly worse.... anyways, super disappointed, waste of money, too much of commercial with 0 effect.... would never buy it again and don't recommend it to anyone!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received a sample of this mascara with a MAC order & I love it.

I have long, black eyelashes & often get under eye smudging even when I set my foundation.

The brush is very different to my usual favourites.......I usually prefer brush wands & dislike plastic ones a lot (just can't seem to get on with them). This is also smaller than the usual.

Well the wand requires some removal of product ... but this is normal with all mascaras. But I really like it....it picks up even the small inner lashes, separates them well, and you do see some upward curling of the lashes with it. It really gives amazing wide eyed lashes if you use an eyelash curler 1st & I would recommend this.

I've had no smudging either.

I'm just after ordering a full sized one.