MAC Upward Lash

3.1

I experienced the same as another reviewer here: it was a great mascara when I had the tester but the full size disappointed me completely. I like the small wand and the sleek packaging but that's about it. Where the tester gave me separated volumised lashes, the full size is only clumping up my lashes and crumbles (and I only just opened it two weeks ago). It also seems that more lashes loosen while removing this mascara, probably because this mascara is so drying on them. I tossed it in the garbage bin today. Unfortunetaly we don't have return policies in my country for makeup. You're not allowed to return makeup items whether it;s drugstore or high end, they wont't take it back. They can learn from the American customer service that's way more customer friendly.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the best mascaras I have ever tried. Looking at the wand you would not think it is that great. The formula is also great and does not dry out as quickly as other brands. Definitely one of my top 10.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

By watching the various reviews here, you can clearly tell that mascara is o so personal. You like it or not, and a lot has to do with the condition of your lashes.
I really really like this one. OMG, I wish I had found it much sooner... it would have saved me lots of money due to the numberous 'mistakes' I bought.
The small brush is ideal to catch every lash, it volumizes, defines and curls in the most beautiful way.
It gives me wonderful lashes without being over the top.
I am so excited - I found my new HG.

UPDATE: I knew this was too good to be through... after a couple of weeks, this mascara started to clump, was smudgy. No idea why, but its texture changed for the bad. From a 5 star mascara to a 3 star in only a couple of weeks.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Oh my goodness! What a disappointment!!! I was so excited for this to come in. I'd used a sample of this and absolutely loved it. It made my lashes thicker but not gloppy - lengthened them - and actually held a curl all day! No smudges and for me that's a miracle!!! I have naturally long lashes - with mascara they hit my brow bone, so I have problems with mascara transfer a lot - and I'm an oily skinned girl. But the sample was so awesome -- I couldn't wait to order it, even at $23.00. Boy was I ever let down when I went to use it!!! It clopped, clumped, and glopped my lashes SO bad. It did not lengthen or even begin to coat the lashes that I have! I even tried three different times to get this to work, I wanted it to work, so badly. I really liked the small wand, it is easy to get into tight spaces in the corners of your eyes. It is extremely black - which I do like, but it's a HOT MESS. It totally straightened my curled lashes out - flat!!! Totally weighted the down, and I cannot deal with this mascara!!! It is going BACK to MAC!!! Don't be fooled by the little sample!! It's just awful!!! If it can make my lashes look awful (and I have great lashes) you don't want it!!!

I used this from a sample I got with my many MAC orders. I find this mascara weird, for lack of a better term. I can never use it on its own but it's good to raise the lashes and open up my eyes. I wouldn't use it for anything other than that, as the lengthening power is not great at all.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This came in a set with two lip products and a bag. I was mostly interested in the other pieces, so waited awhile before trying the mascara. That was a mistake because it's the first MAC mascara I have liked. The little brush made it easy to apply multiple coats to build volume and length quickly. Any clumping was minimal after combing through with the wand, I don't know if this mascara is supposed to curl your lashes "upward," but I didn't use a separate lash curler, and the mascara did what I want mascara to do. Even my bottom lashes looked full and lush. Most mascaras flake a little or a lot on me, but surprisingly, this one barely did, even when I took a long afternoon nap. Removal was easy with my normal cleansing oil. I will use this tube up and consider repurchasing once I work through more of my mascara stockpile.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

The Good:

This built a lot of volume quickly, yet it didn’t clump. The plastic brush keeps the lashes nicely separated and allows you to pick up little lashes as well as the longer, more obvious ones. It also made my lashes significantly longer, and the black pigment was rich and dark.

The Bad:

It's $23, which is double the cost of most mascaras at the drugstore, some of which perform very well.

The Ugly:

Smudged under my eyes…a lot.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

this like Every Other mac mascara ive Ever used flakes in a matter of hours.under your eyes looks like crap.black fallout everywhere.Mac is so Great at Every Other product ive used of theirs why Cant they get mascara right?the only redeaming quality is the packageing.because well its MAC need i say more.After trying Every mascara in Their line i would recommend avoiding MAC for mascara completly.They all are the same. "a frenzy of flaky fallout"

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received a sample of this mascara with a MAC order & I love it.

I have long, black eyelashes & often get under eye smudging even when I set my foundation.

The brush is very different to my usual favourites.......I usually prefer brush wands & dislike plastic ones a lot (just can't seem to get on with them). This is also smaller than the usual.

Well the wand requires some removal of product ... but this is normal with all mascaras. But I really like it....it picks up even the small inner lashes, separates them well, and you do see some upward curling of the lashes with it. It really gives amazing wide eyed lashes if you use an eyelash curler 1st & I would recommend this.

I've had no smudging either.

I'm just after ordering a full sized one.

I'm very picky about mascara that i buy and i have high expectations from it, especially if i buy expensive products that claim to be professional. Usually i do whatch a few videos with application of the product along with reviews and this mascara was absolutely amazing which made me buy it. So after my first application i was very shocked and disappointed cuz it took me about 10 minutes to apply it evenly and get at least any length, and let me tell u something- my lashes are super long naturally! So any simple mascara gives huge effect, but not this one.... "ok" i thought, maybe it was just the first time when i haven't got used to the brush and the product, but any other application was the same..:( my lashes are long and tangled and after applying this mascara they looked short and tangled, so it actually makes them look inly worse.... anyways, super disappointed, waste of money, too much of commercial with 0 effect.... would never buy it again and don't recommend it to anyone!