Freeman Charcoal & Black Sugar Mud Mask

Freeman Charcoal & Black Sugar Mud Mask

4.5

Not tested on animals

Water/Aqua/Eau, Bentonite, Kaolin, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Carbon,* Maris Limus (Silt), Sucrose, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit, Methylisothiazolinone, Propylene Glycol, Musa Sapientum (Banana) Fruit Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Extract, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Maranta Arundinacea Root Extract, Extract, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Extract, Macrocystis Pyrifera Extract, Nasturtium Officinale Extract, Aleurites Moluccana Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Iron Oxide (CI 77499). *Activated Charcoal

on 9/17/2017 11:29:00 PM

Excellent product! There are many, many purifying masks out there, and I know I've tried my share of them. But this one is worth it, surprisingly. I was expecting just another run-of-the-mill mask with run-of-the-mill results. But I'm finding my skin to be clearer and brighter and more even-toned with each use. This is a heavy-duty cleaner, but it doesn't irritate my combo-oily skin. All I can say is it actually works. Deep cleans the pores and leaves the complexion looking beautiful. This is really good stuff.

This mask applies very smoothly, and the texture is great. But it dries kind of tight, slightly uncomfortable but not unbearable. And it makes a black mess of my washcloth when I rinse it off. So that process can be a little messy, more so than with other masks anyway. But the clean healthy glow that this delivers! I am really impressed and I'm glad I tried it.

I would definitely buy this again!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

When my local beauty store got these I was so excited. I was lucky to get them when i did because there were only two left so I bought them, one for me and one for my bestie.

When you first apply the mask it's really smooth and dark grey in colour. As it dries it gets grey and tight. At that point I leave it on even longer because in the places where I have oil problems aka my T-zone, I see little dark dots, it's like the mask sucks the oil out.

After washing it off, which takes a while, my face feels so soft and smooth.

I have never experienced any break outs or dry patches after using this mask.

This has replaced the very pricey glam glow supermud as my mud/clarifying mask of choice. It isn't too harsh and leaves my skin smooth and much more even looking.

on 6/10/2017 11:59:00 AM

I don't feel that this mask has any noticeable impact on my skin. It's kind of fun to put on but as far as a difference? Nothing discernible. As it dries, it tightens up and then you rinse it off - and at least for me - my skin looks and feels the same as before. It's inexpensive, the packaging is nice and I don't think it does any damage. However, with no short or long term positive effects, it's hard to see the point of using it.

on 3/21/2017 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love there masks, I have Charcoal & Black Sugar Mask, Apple Cider Vinegar , Mint & Lemon Clay Mask, and Cucumber Pink Salt Clay Mask. I use them all and the results to each one has it benefits. I got gift card so bought them to try them out. I would recommend for oily skin, brightness, dull skin, and acne.

on 7/1/2017 2:02:00 PM

I'm in love with the mask! Ive been wearing it for a few months now and it feels so great. It moisturises your skin afterwards. It also removes the oiliness of your skin especially around your T zone. But one thing for sure, only apply it for about 15-20 minutes. I tried applying the mask more than that, it dries out my skin and my face breaks out :( so yeah, overall I'm just in love with mask!!

on 10/14/2016 8:16:00 PM

I really like this mask. I have combo, congested skin, and this is such a nice exfoliator. I usually wash my face first, then steam it just a bit, then I apply and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes, then I gently scrub it off. You can feel it warming as you apply it to your skin - whether or not this actually does anything, I don't know, but it's a very pleasant sensation. It smells good and leaves your skin very smooth without being the least bit drying. It's abrasive enough that just gently smoothing your hands in circles around your face as you apply and rinse is enough to exfoliate. I have not had this anywhere near my eyes, but my guess is it would not be good. The only annoyance is that it doesn't close right after the first time you use it. It's okay because it doesn't ooze out or anything, but it would be very tough to travel with. Would definitely recommend and will continue to purchase.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I've only used this a couple of times but so far I really like it. I've been on a mask kick lately & suddenly want to try all different kinds. I went into Ulta looking specifically for an inexpensive mud mask, and it was between this and a couple from Formula 10.0.6. I decided to go with this because it was less expensive & had great reviews. This mask makes my skin feel firm and soft after I rinse it off, and it clears out the pores on my nose really well.

The only thing I dislike about this mask is the scent - I don't have sensitive skin or eyes normally, but this stuff irritates my eyes really bad. It smells good, but is so strong it makes my eyes water like I'm cutting onions or something. The mask also gets itchy as it dries, but I think that's just the nature of the beast with mud masks!

on 2/14/2017 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

One of the best face masks I've come across. After taking it off my skin is smooth, less red, and more even than before! Definitely need to use this a few times a week. I can really see a difference!

on 9/3/2016 4:55:00 PM

I bought this mask in a drugstore in Belgium since I'm always on the lookout for a good mask. I had never heard of this brand so I did not know what I was buying, but I am so glad I did.
This is a rather cheap mask and I wasn't expecting much of it but it's the best mask I have ever tried.
Each time I use it, my acne prone skin is less red, pimples are smaller and pores are cleaned out. My blackheads on my nose dissapear almost completely.
i have been struggling with hormonal acne for two years now, and I have been religiously using avene day cremes, the birth control pill in combination with a creme from the dermatologist. But since using this mask, I really have seen a change in my skin. Scarring went down, as well as my acne itself.
I recommend this to everyone!
I am 17 now, turning 18 in a few months, and my acne has disminished to a couple of tiny pimples now.