Buxom Customizable Eyeshadow Bar Palette

Customizable Eyeshadow Bar Palette

4.8

on 1/4/2018 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

as an eyeshadow addict, i LIVE for the buttery, silky smoothness of these shadows. if you love shimmery shadow and hate how so many of them are powdery and accentuate fine lines, then you should buy these immediately. diamond darling is a perfect shimmery ivory for the inner v, and it's one of the rare shimmer shadows that won't create all these horrible creases when you smile, etc. i finally got all the neutral shimmery shadows from this collection that i've been wanting, and i'm SO HAPPY. how are these shadows not more popular? urban decay naked is a powdery mess compared to these. (gave away the 2 and 3). tarte vol iii is along the same shimmery neutral, but a bit more "special occasion" compared to these. diamond darling, mink magnet, style icon, bold bling, and champagne buzz are my HG FOR LIFE!!!! yasssss queen!!!

on 6/7/2017 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I've had a good experience with these eye shadows. The colors stay on well and are easy to blend (I use a different brush for blending), the included brush is precise enough for eye lining and wide enough for overall application, and I love being able to pick and choose the colors. I also like that there's a mirror in the top that's large enough to be useful.

on 4/28/2017 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I got this in my birthday makeup haul and I chose my colors online at Sephora and am very happy with all of them! The shadows are very pigmented and there was no fallout. I also really like the case. I have quite a few palettes and this one is definitely in my top 3.

on 1/29/2017 8:05:00 AM

I was looking at the Naked palettes but thy all contained colours I would never use. Buxom allows me to pick just what I want, and for $40 it is a decent value. I returned/ xchanged one of the colours but then got it right! If you are picky on shades, this is perfect!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sexy colors. I love the product!

I have the limited edition Suede Seduction palette, which is all mattes, and I had purchased 6 individual shadows and the empty palette as well. I am madly in love with their matte shadows, the formula is amazing. Super pigmented, blend themselves and last all day. No thought otherwise. The shimmers, on the other hand, are a bit hit and miss. 5 of the individuals were shimmers and when swatching, they are really beautiful. When applied to the eye, they still look beautiful, but some of them don't stay as strong and pigments like the mattes. 2 of the shimmers stayed put, but the other 3 didn't last quite like I wanted. I ended up exchanging most of the shimmers for some more mattes, and maybe a duochrome ;). Because the issue with the shimmers doesn't bother me too much, I'm a matte addict, I would suggest trying them out.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

These are such a great value, and such a great product.

It's $50CAD for 6 eyeshadows plus the refillable palette (which holds 6), and each shadow is 1.4g or .05oz (so just slightly more product than a MAC eyeshadow- they are 1.3g or .04oz).

Price point aside, I am blown away by the quality. I find myself reaching for these more than anything else. They are super pigmented, and their more glittery shades actually work, unlike a lot of brands. I have yet to find a shadow of theirs without intense payoff. They claim to be a shadow with built in primer, but I am unable to speak to that because I never go primer-less, but I have very oily lids and I find these stay in place really well throughout a day's wear (I use UD Primer Potion in Eden under them).

I love the packaging, it is a great size for a palette. I often find 4 shadows to be too few when I'm travelling, but 6 is just perfect. I also like that they snap in and then slide into the palette. I am never worried about them falling out, like I am with my magnetized MAC ones. The palette has a firm snapping closure, and a decent sized mirror. These are a travel essential for me. I also really appreciate how the entire "bar" of shadows slides out to remove them, so it's so easy to clean your palette.

I own two customizable palettes, so 12 shades in total and I love and recommend each and every one of them:

Palette 1: (Nudes)
-Diamond Darling- one of my faves, a perfect inner corner/under brow highlight
-Glitz Factor
-Gold Status
-Mink Magnet- my number one top fave, it's a perfect glitzy nude
-Haute Couture
-Big Spender (matte)- a really great matte crease colour

Palette 2 (fun colours!)
-Room Service
-Pure Platinum- the pigmentation in this one is OFF THE CHARTS. Its a pure bright silver, and I love the payoff
-Cool Caviar
-Patent Leather
-Wild Nights
-Posh Purple

I've been looking for a palette for some time and could not believe how expensive they were! I tried the "Naked" palette using a Sephora gift card towards the cost but returned it as it did not work for me. I could not understand all the hype surrounding this product. Perhaps I'm too old and to frugal to appreciate it. :-)

I had been "eyeing" the Buxom refillable at Ulta for a few months and was impressed by the quality of the shadows and the colors. Anyway, I recently received a 20% off coupon from Ulta for my entire purchase and made a beeline to Ulta where I purchased Suede Seduction. I am very happy with the colors, the ease of application and the staying power. I apply my makeup at 6;00 a.m. and when I get home from work my eye shadow still looks fresh. I am definitely going to purchase more colors. I feel this was money well spent on myself. I seldom treat myself and this is a "keeper."

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

These have great pigmentation and obviously it is great to build your own palette. The shadows apply smooth as silk for me and no creasing on my hooded crepey 45 year old eyelids, and that is even with no primer. I get a good solid 12 or more hours wear time out of these. Pigmentation rocks and application is smooth as butter. I get no fallout with these. I just wish they had more shade variety. Many are similar, especially on the eyes. But the performance and everything..excellent. Overlooked product and not talked about enough imho. Very pleased and would definitely repurchase. Another nice thing is when one shade wears out, you can just buy another single. Very smart idea with this palette!! I am not one for Z-palettes (I don't know why), but I do love this palette!! Would recommend and will repurchase!! Great for travel.

on 11/15/2016 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I adore these. I like them much better than Urban Decay, which is lovely but always leaves me with some degree of fallout. The colors are great, with plenty of matte and satin options. There are also flashier colors, which I find are nice for adding a light layer over my shader for effect.

The price is nice at $40 for the empty palette and six eyeshadows. I have two, and I had to do some artwork on their sides so I can grab them in my case easier. The drawback is that once you purchase the set, shadows are $12 each. This isn't really much to complain about, though, since Urban Decay--and I say this only b/c of the # of matte & satin shades they offer--is $21 each, and the 4-shadow palette is another $10. That's $94 for much less.

I haven't had any fallout issues whatsoever, and the wear is 12-16 hours with the primer of your choice. The color payoff is sound & I find one dip is enough no matter which one I use.

HIghly recommended. It's a steal for $40 and $12 for singles thereafter. I don't recommend getting the singles compact b/c the lid isn't clear, so if you get more than one, you have to open it or mark it to see which one it is and that's an unnecessary nuisance. Wear is equal to or better than the best prestige brands. There could be more matte shades & less glitter/metallics to choose from, but there are enough to make two, all-you-need palettes.

Popular Eye Shadows