Cover FX Calming Primer

No Image

3.7

Aqua, Dioctyldodecyl Dodecanedioate, Polydiethylsiloxane, Glycerin, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Behenyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Triacontanyl PVP, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Acrylic Acid/VP Crosspolymer, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil, Caprylyl Glycol, Glycereth-12, Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Bisabolol, Cetyl Alcohol, Lauryl Alcohol, Lecithin, Myristyl Alcohol, Tocopherol, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Phytosphingosine, Ethyl Linoleate, Sodium Hydroxide, Ethyl Linolenate, Ethyl Oleate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil Unsaponifiables, Rosmarinyl Glucoside, Caffeyl Glucoside, Gallyl Glucoside, Hypericum Perforatum Flower Extract, Cardiospermum Halicacabum Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Tetrapeptide-21

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I tenatively like this primer. Granted I have oily skin but it is also sensitive and acne-prone. It does have calming properties that I can attest to. So far I haven't experience any breakouts in using this *cross fingers*. I like it when I use it with the Estee Lauder Double Wear (ELDW) foundation and provides a nice barrier between my skin and ELDW foundation. Might repurchase in the future if all works out.

on 1/20/2016 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have never been able to use primers because my face is insanely sensitive. Im in my 30's and i still break out if Im not careful. There are so many ingredients that I can not use. I bought this primer and I have been using it here and there and today I thought, I haven't used it in a few days and I actually miss it. This does actually calm my face, I have rosacea that will turn into pimples. When I wash my make up off my face looks better it I wore this primer all day. I only gave 4 because Im not the best person to judge its ability to hold make up onto the face because this is my first primer that I can actually use.

on 8/13/2015 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got a sample of this primer somewhere and I tried it for two weeks. It's a soothing primer, more on the hydrating gel side instead of a normal regular primer. It reminded me of a Pixi primer that have a similar hydrating gel consistency.

As far as the calming part goes, it was not really calming but it was not irritating either, so I guess it's a win? It was soothing on the skin but as I have dry and sensitive skin that tends to be red a lot, this was not enough to help with the redness.

For the primer part, I'm not sure about it either. It felt like it was sitting on the top of my skin all day, not really sinking in.

All-in-all, I'm on the fence about this product. I will not purchase again but I can't say it's a bad product. Maybe just not for me. If you are looking for buying this product, I say you might want to try a sample first just to be sure :)