Maybelline Brow Define and Fill Duo by Eyestudio

No Image

3.7

POWDER INGREDIENTS: NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE OCTYLDODECANOL SILICA DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE POLYETHYLENE DIMETHICONE SYNTHETIC WAX TALC CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE POLYHYDROXYSTEARIC ACID ETHYLENE/METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER STEARALKONIUM HECTORITE LECITHIN PROPYLENE CARBONATE ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE TOCOPHEROL ASCORBYL PALMITATE CITRIC ACID [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE MICA CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES ] PENCIL INGREDIENTS: HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL C10-18 TRIGLYCERIDES OZOKERITE COPERNICIA CERIFERA CERA / CARNAUBA WAX RICINUS COMMUNIS OIL / CASTOR SEED OIL SORBITAN TRISTEARATE TALC LECITHIN TOCOPHEROL GLYCERYL STEARATE ASCORBYL PALMITATE GLYCERYL OLEATE CITRIC ACID [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE MICA CI 75470 / CARMINE ]

on 3/26/2018 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is an ok product and would be suited for someone who wants a more natural brow. The formula of the pencil is nice. Not too waxy. Not too creamy. The tip is bigger than say the nyx micro brow or l.a girl shady slim, but it’s not too large. It’s hard to be precise with it, but I’m able to fill my brows in quickly and easily. The sponge tip is great for the front of brows and I’ll stamp it where I drew to correct the shape of my brows. I still fill the need to use a spookie so I’m not too keen with this pencil. I draw in, comb through with spoolie, draw in some more, spoolie, powder with sponge tip, and spoolie some more. I would rather the spoolie then sponge tip and use seperate brow powder. I also find the casing of the pencil to be bulky. If the pencil product is too close to casing, it’s hard to pin point where the product is going. Additionally, it’s slightly annoying that one side you pull the cap off and the other you twist off. A nit picky thing, but when in a rush it can be frustrating. I have the shade deep brown. It’s a nice ashy brown, but I sometimes feel it looks a tad bit gray compared to my natural ash brown color. It lacks depth. Overall, not impressed with this pencil. I will finish it, but will not repurchase.

on 8/28/2017 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have sparse eyebrows, and this product really works for me. I bought this in soft brown for $7.99 at Krogers. It's a dual sided product. At one end is a retractable pencil. On the other side is a spring loaded sponge tip applicator that contains brow powder. The pencil deposits enough color with very light strokes to really fill in and shape the brow. Don't press hard. It will give a harsh effect and you might break the pencil. After you're done with the pencil you blend with the powdered sponge tip applicator to finish. The powder is really subtle. It helps blend and finish the brows, but it doesn't have enough pigment to use alone. Soft brown is a neutral ash color with no red in it. That's hard to find. Most eyebrow pencils are to warm for my brows, but this blends with my hair perfectly. I was previously using Cover Girl Twin Eyebrow Pencil in soft brown. Although Cover Girl is cheaper, the pencils are really hard. The Maybelline pencil is softer and easier to use. It's worth the extra money.

on 8/12/2017 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I just bought this today and used it for the first time, so this might be premature but I LOVE this stuff. This is what I've been looking for for years. I have sparse eyebrows that I'm growing out to my natural shape, and it is so difficult to find something fine enough to help me fill that in without looking penciled in and severe. I love the little powder smudger because it blends out any harsh lines while blending the product into your hairs, making it look more natural! I've used the NYX microbrow pencil for about a year now, but I think I've been converted.

on 8/2/2017 6:04:00 PM

So I had this little thing for quite some time now, so much so that the lettering has rubbed off. I hope this is the right product because I swear this title if Browsatin or something but whatever - it has the crayon/pencil and the sponge with the powder.

Anyway, this was an ok product. It's my first product but I will say that as I've been using it, it's become difficult to use. The pencil part is hard to draw out without having too dark of brows and the powder is such a damn mess. Also, at the time of purchase there was only blonde, auburn, and then this brown I have available and it's a bit too dark.

My eyebrows have been working with this product to fill in gaps paired with elf's little eyebrow palette duo with is what I would've used the powder for if it didn't get all clumpy. I've switched to the NYX Micro Brow Pencil with the spool brush (a whole $1.50 more before taxes) and it's FAR superior than this one.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've had this product for awhile and initially I didn't care for it. I have since tried a number of brow products that haven't worked out for me (Anastasia included) so I decided to pull this out of my arsenal and try it again, and omg do I love it!
I have the Blonde which is actually pretty perfect. It's not your average Blonde that is golden or has any red tones to it, it's more of an ashy shade and looks extremely natural.
I think the reason I didn't like it when I first tried it is that I was pressing too hard with the pencil and I didn't really understand the concept of lining the brow then filling it in with the powder. I'm pretty sure I just went full on into trying to fill in my brows with the pencil without lining it first which looked very unnatural.
The more I played around with it the more I understood how to use it. Now that I've gotten it down it's probably the best brow product I've used thus far.
You really don't need to go hard with this product, the lighter the hand, the better the result.
I line the bottom of my brow first, using small light strokes and building it up (if you go too hard to fast you'll create really harsh unnatural lines, unless that's your thing) then I do the same with the top of my brow. I then work the pencil lightly through the brows and then use the other side to fill in. I comb my brows as I go with the little comb on the end of the now discontinued Maybelline Define A Brow (Even though I'm not using the actual product anymore I keep it because that little comb is the best thing ever to comb the brows) and as I build up to my desired result. I then set everything with Anastasia clear brow gel.
My brows haven't looked this great with anything else I've tried with the same technique.
There's definitely a learning curve with this product. I feel the combo of the pencil and the powder gives such a beautiful natural looking but defined result. The powder end really softens everything up.
I'll definitely be buying this again and I highly recommend it!

on 3/26/2017 6:33:00 PM

This is my favorite brow product and I prefer it over all the high-end ones I tried (Anastasia, Bobbi Brown etc.). The blonde color is perfect for my coloring. Most blonde pencils are usually too light or too dark or too red. It is hard to find just the right shade and this one is just right. I use the pencil side first and then fill it in with the powder. The powder gives the pencil more staying power. By blending the pencil with the powder, you get a really natural result. I love this. Now, please don't ever discontinue it!

on 3/11/2017 11:29:00 PM

I LOVE this product. I have sparse brows and it's easy to make them look to drawn on if I'm not careful, but I get a natural but full looking brow with this when I use both the pencil and powder sides. The pencil reminds me of MACs lingering skinny eyebrow pencil & having the powder is a nice bonus. The staying power isn't as great as I'd like- I touch up usually midday - but otherwise it's perfect

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I have this in auburn because my hair is red at the moment. The tip breaks off and I can't really get any pigment out of it. That might be because it's just too light for me. My natural hair color is a dark ashy brown. So this shade obviously won't blend in with my natural eye brow color. Unless I shave all of my eye brows off and draw them on it will not match. For some reason I thought that the eye brow pencil would be darker.

on 2/15/2017 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely love the powder side of this product and use it only for that. Decades ago, Clinique made an eye shadow with the same packaging and I used it on my youthful brows for years, so I was very happy to find something similar even if my brows aren't so youthful anymore. The soft brown shade is a great, slightly warm-toned brown that looks very natural (I have dark brown hair--now dyed--but need a lighter shade for my brows to not look clownish). I don't care for the liner on the flip side of this product at all, however: too thick, too dark and cool-toned (my brows look very harsh and messy from it), and it gets an odd fishy smell with time, so I pair the shadow with a L'Oreal retractable brow liner that I love. If you have nice brows that are even and not too plucked, you can easily get away with a few swipes of the powder, look like a natural beauty, and call it a day (oh, the memories). I hope this product stays around as I haven't found anything else like it in years and it works great as a base if you do need a liner, like me. The only con for me is the sponge applicator came out when I first purchased this and even tacky glue wouldn't keep it in place, so I had to toss the whole thing. There is a good amount of shadow in the cap so as long as the sponge stays in place, this will last a long time (or keep the caps and hope that you can use them with the new applicator).

on 1/2/2017 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

There are a lot of expensive brow products out right now, and even though this isn't much money, it can really keep up.

The pencil part is thin and goes on smoothly. Fills in brow hairs beautifully. The only area it doesn't work that well in is when you want to define a line underneath your brows. It's hard to make it dark, and the pencil is only a little soft, not very, so even if you push it doesn't give great definition and you risk breaking off the point. I don't really use the smudger much.

Overall, it's really good. The blond color complements my brows perfectly. I have reddish/dirty blond hair. Well, gray, but that's one of my issues, my brows are getting gray here and there, too. This pencil really perks up the color in just a few strokes.

Very good value!