E.L.F. Essential Shadow Lock and Eyelid Primer

E.L.F. Essential Shadow Lock and Eyelid Primer

4.2

on 11/15/2017 8:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a good primer if you don't have extremely oily lids. It will help keep your eyeshadow in place and help make blending easier and smoother.

on 11/15/2017 11:23:00 AM

It was okay for the price, but not even close to the high-end primers like Too faced in terms of wear. My eye shadows crease within a few hours with this. It's better than no primer at all, though, so if you're on a really tight budget give it a go.

on 8/15/2017 10:50:00 AM

I really like this product for a few reasons:
1. very inexpensive and easy to get a hold of. I was previously using UDPP and i cringed at the thought of having to go into Sephora to buy it, only because i dislike malls.
2. performs very well, as with most E.L.F. products - I am always surprised that they do a good job for the price i pay!
3. even if i dont put eyeshadow on, it creates a nice base.

Shade sheer is the best lid primer ever made! I can cover darkness, veins, etc and my makeup goes on so smooth! My only complaints are the tube is tiny. I feel like it should be twice this size. But it's cheap so I guess it evens out. Also the applicator doe foot is painfully stiff and non-spongy...it's more like a rock or something. I apply it to my finger and dab it on with my finger cuz the applicator hurts. The formula blends nicely and doesn't crease. And covers nicely so my shadow can shine through without any eyelid discoloration messing it up. I love this stuff!!

on 11/7/2017 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing for the price. I have oily skin, so I apply a pretty thick layer of this on my eyelids before eye shadow and eyeliner. Since I have pretty fair skin, I use the shade Sheer, and it doubles as a concealer for my eyelids. They have a couple other shades for people of different skin tones, and they also have a white shade called Pearl which I'm assuming is supposed to appear translucent.

The only downside: they definitely skimp on the amount of product they give you. But it's literally $2.00, so it feels silly to complain about that.

on 8/17/2017 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Works well at an amazing price point!

Really good for the price. Keeps my eye shadow in place all day. I don't notice much of a difference between this and Urban Decay, the ELF is just a slightly thinner consistency.

on 8/11/2017 9:51:00 AM

Eh....not sure what to think about this primer. I picked up for $2 to try out. I guess I am glad that I didn't pay any more for it. It doesn't seem like a bad primer for the price but you don't get a lot of product at all. I purchased in the shade sheer, which works fine. It goes on sheer and blends in fine but it there are other primers that I simply prefer.

It's not bad but I am not sure I will buy this again. I find that eye shadow primer for me is a must, and have tried several but this wasn't a favorite. I will say that I use this when I am experimenting with different looks, this way I am not using up my other primers. For that reason it does serve a purpose and I will use it up that way. I think I just prefer other primers, I have also been known to use a concealer for an eye primer which works okay as well.

I will give this 3 stars. If you want to try it out, it's very cheap if you want to give it a go and if it's not what you are looking for it's not going to break the bank. It seems there are mixed reviews on this product, some really like it and others do not.

on 8/10/2017 4:06:00 PM

This is my go-to primer for eyes. I have oily skin and lids that has to be blotted at least twice a day and this is the first primer to actually keep my eye shadow from creasing or running for about 12 hours. There is not a lot of product in this tiny tube but it lasts me for about a month... which I suppose is good because you want to keep your eye makeup refreshed to avoid bacteria build-up.

This is the only eyeshadow primer I have ever used because it is so inexpensive and sooooo good, really works, cans recommend this enough. I have very oily lids and this one keeps my eyeshadow from creasing and from being ruined, love it so much.