Aussie Gloss

No Image

4.2

Water, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Dipropylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 16, Panthenol, Fragrance, DMDM Hydantoin, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff was awesome. Wasn't it called Smoothy Gloss? I really, really loved it. It was my HG anti-frizz serum.

You see, I use Biolage on my hair, and I love the smell. I want an anti-frizz gel that is unscented, so it won't interfere with that.

According to Aussie, the Tizz No Frizz Gel is actually the Smoothy Gloss, just in new packaging. Just a tip for those who panicked from not being able to find the gloss again. :)

I'm gonna go out and buy the Tizz No Frizz/Smoothy Gloss really soon, because it's hard to find something effective that doesn't have a strong scent to it. Plus, it's 7 oz. for just about $4!

on 8/2/2003 12:28:00 AM

I love this! I can only find it at Eckerd's, but that's no problem. This makes my hair shiny and really de-frizzes it very well. I remember one time I ran out of it, and couldn't find any. Then when I found some and started using it again, my friend swore that I got highlights, my hair looked so shiny, but it was just the gloss! You don't need much of it, too much will make your hair look oily. Just put a couple of drops on your palms, rub together, and smooth through your hair. Then style and voila! Also, this contains no alcohol; so many of these type of products are full of alcohol which is not good. This is the best and I will always use it as long as they make it! EDIT--Eckerd's doesn't have this anymore, where can I get it???

on 4/17/2002 12:46:00 AM

My hair is long, extremely curly and usually dry, I've tried tons of leave-in conditioners and other gloss products(umbertos, redken) and none seemed to work. Aussie's gloss feels kinda thick, but goes on light and gives my hair some shine. Also a big help on the frizzies when I use a straightening iron to do my hair! Also a good deal at only $4-5 and it lasts quite awhile.

on 9/29/2001 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really didn't like this very much. The consistency is rather thick and sticky, so that even a small dollop feels like too much. My hair is very thick, wavy/curly, and frizzy, but this just gave it a weighted feel and not enough control. Umberto's is a much better buy.

on 6/13/2001 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a unusual hair product. It is about $6 for 2 ounces, but a little
goes a LONG way. With so much coloring that I have been doing to my hair, it
was looking a little frizzy and dry. This product is a God send! I have used
Body Shop Coconut Oil, Siebastianís Potion #9 and Khiels Silk Groom Ė all of
which I hated because they either weighed down my hair too much or didnít
last throughout the day. A pea-sized amount of this in the morning after I
blow-out my hair really works. It not only tames the frizzies, but adds a
shine and gloss without weight. This can be used, especially for naturally
curly hair, to separate pieces as well. I definitely recommend this!