Estee Lauder Pure Colour Envy Liquid Lip Potion

3.6

on 10/19/2017 10:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have the shade Ripe which is a deep berry shade with a bit of purple tone and has shimmer in it. Application - it’s sticky. Very sticky. I never apply too much of it because it’s very pigmented and may feel heavy to put more than one coat. It’s true that it feathers and so I only apply it in the middle and blend it out. Stays on fairly well for at least 4 hours if you don’t drink, won’t transfer to cups if you let it dry completely, but definitely transfers if you eat. Still leaves a stain behind after that. The finish is shiny but not glossy, but again I only apply a very thin layer. The only downside is that my lips tingles every time I put it on!!!!!!

on 4/20/2017 7:34:00 AM

I gave it 4 stars simply because it`s one of the few matte lip products that I can tolerate and doesn`t instantly dry and crumble on me. It does that with time, though. Which is why I will not repurchase, as I am really not a fan of this matte liquid lip trend anyway. The color 04 Fierce Beauty is a bright pink, just great for spring. It has a strong floral fragrance that I am not crazy about. I hate the doe foot applicator which picks up way too much product and is a nightmare to use. I apply with a lip brush and recommend this to anyone who wants to avoid bleeding outside the lip line. Thin layers, is the trick. It`s not as long lasting as some matte liquids, but I find it a heck of a lot more comfortable to wear than the majority of such products. I will stick with creamy, shiny formulas in the future.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Fail for me, unfortunately. No matter what I tried, I ended up with the dreaded "gummy line" of obvious, embarrassing migrated product. It doesn't happen often and I'm mystified by how bad it is. I exfoliate beforehand, have no other product on and let it set.
It consistently happened within an hour, even with just a few sips of coffee.
Otherwise it isn't a bad product. It feels dryish on, but is fairly moisturizing underneath. I have the shade 310 Fierce Berry, a pretty corally pink.
There is no way I would trust this product the way it's been working for me. Maybe I'll keep trying methods to avoid the embarrassing gummy line so the cost isn't wasted. So far no success.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This lipstick is gorgeous, but it wears off really quickly. In 2 hours it's gone if I don't eat or drink, otherwise it's gone much sooner. It is the perfect nude brown with a light touch of pink in it - perfect. The applicator is very nice, you can use it without lining your lips first. Gorgeous packaging, gorgeous color... I am really disappointed that is doesn't lasts... not nice, Estee Lauder! When you buy something for a brand like this, you expect more.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Love this stuff. I have this in Savage Garden which is a very deep, almost vampy purple and Naked Ambition which is a beigy nude. Beautiful!

I purchased these out of TK Maxx (I always seem to purchase most of my make-up from there lol) and I think it was about £15 a pop. Not cheap but definitely worthwhile. The lip colour comes with a wand applicator and glides smoothly on the lips. I haven't had any issues with smudging and smearing and longevity is OK.....up until you decide to eat something where it fades a bit but still, not complaining.

I'm not sure whether these lip portions are meant to dry on matte or semi-matte but on my lips they give off matte but feel super silky when I rub my lips together. I like this as most matte lipsticks etc dry off flaky and look dry. This doesn't!

Would I re-purchase? Definitely! I however still prefer my Revlon Colourblast Matte Balms as they are just a fraction of the price and are much longer lasting than Estee Lauder's! I recommend!

Great product! I have the color Quiet Riot (#10 in Japan) which is beautiful warm pink berry and it goes great with my fair skin (NC10-15). My favorite part of this product is the texture; I never really hopped on the matte lip trend (don't like dry lips) but this product changed my mind ~ it's quite velvety rather than matte and feels comfortable while wearing. It will leave mug prints tho !

on 9/19/2015 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had purchased two of the shades in the Liquid Lip Potion formula. First the colors and the texture apply beautifully. What I did not expect was that it lasted only about an hour until it faded off. I did not want to use a lipliner and thought the liquid potion would be enough. I hate needing the reapply. I bought Cold Fire(bright orange almost fire engine red) and Vague Obession (neutral shimmery nude mauve). The packaging is beautiful but I think I won't be purchasing these anymore and sticking to the Envy Lipsticks instead.

on 8/9/2015 8:19:00 PM

I bought this along with the Pure Color Envy lipstick which cost AU$100 total. I put a separate review in for the lipstick, same score, this is for the gloss, which I bought in 110 Naked Ambition, a browny nude.

The packaging is great, and so is the pigmentation, however the formula is very drying. I will not be repurchasing.

on 1/23/2016 1:28:00 AM

I got the color Lethal Red, the Kendall shade. If your like Mac Ruby Woo, you`ll like this. Its a similar dupe. I had to reapply more to see color as the wand doesnt pick up much color. If you apply too much it feels heavy/sticky on your lips and feathers. For a liquid lipstick, the tube is huge! The lip color appears at the side of the tube for easy ref. This is luxury buy and definite splurge. It lasts and lasts so this is a good bet for party nites and stage performance.

Wouldnt repurchase... so many dupes out there/too expensive. I wouldnt spend on this again .. i just caught up with the Kendall hype... good marketing by Estee ..

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Love, love, love. I love this liquid lipstick too much! The texture is so comfortable and it makes Velvet lips! When you apply it first, it's quiet creamy but after some seconds it becomes matte without drys your lips! It last all day without eating and stay on its place! I have the color 250, "quiet riot", it's a lovely berry color, so luminous and particular! It's perfect to wear during day and night! One of my favorite. For sure ❤️