Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner

Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner

Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract. Tocopheryl Acetate. Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Oleyl Alcohol, TEA-Stearate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cellulose, Hectorite, Glyceryl Stearate. Xanthan Gum, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contian : Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titnaium Dioxide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Mica, Chromium Oxide Greens, Bismuth Oxychloride, CArmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Manganese Violet.

on 6/10/2017 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My eyes are extremely sensitive, and I have a hard time finding eyeliner that doesn't irritate. I discovered this one several years ago, and quickly became my favorite. I tightline from underneath the lash line to frame my eyes and give the appearance of thicker lash roots, without looking like obvious makeup. I love the short, stiff brush (felt tip?) that allows for complete control without flopping around. I dot pigment between the roots of individual lashes, and then I connect the dots. It never smears all over the water line. Bonus points for a brush I don't have to wash.

I have very fair, pink-porcelain skin with dark ash blonde hair (10% grey), and Black is not too harsh when applied under the lash roots. It adds a subtle frame, more than an obvious line. Still, I would be over the moon if Revlon offered this liner in a blue-tinted sooty grey. (The Brown was too warm for me.) The bottle goes into my daily makeup bag, and it has never leaked or dried out.

This product stays on all day--though it would fade if I had a good cry. Unlike other brands' gel formulas, the Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner easily washes away at night with my usual cleanser.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is the best liquid eyeliner out there. Does not smudge like others. I have used cheaper brands through to Dior, Mac and Chanel. This does not run. I have no reactions to it.
This is still my favourite after more than 10 years.
I don't use the newer thin brush - those brushes are too thin and flexible.
This is like a stiffer, easier to apply brush.
My go to liner and couldn't live without it. I always have at least 2x of these - one for my handbag, one for at home/work.

I bought this in the black brown but it stings my eyes. It's a hard felt tip and wears away in the inner corners. Not a fan

on 3/11/2017 1:55:00 PM

This was my go-to liner for a long time. When I was getting into the winged eyeliner game, this was the liner I learned the most while with. Now that I'm much better at application, I'm seriously considering going back to this one because it's easier to use than the pen eyeliner I'm currently working with. That's the major reason why I adore it. The wand tip is firm and I feel like I have total control over my liner and don't have to spend forever on it.

I was pretty impressed with the color. The black was very black after I shook the tube a bit and applied. If I needed something darker, I would just apply another coat. Easy to fix any mistakes as it didn't just stick to the eyelid once applied, which was nice.

I will say that you can tell when this eyeliner is on it's way to being done. The pigment gets very light, but even then I was able to get the last drops out of this one and then go over my liner with some black eyeshadow.

on 3/8/2017 1:51:00 PM

Oh god, I love this stuff SO much!!! Definite HG eyeliner. I will seriously cry if they stop making it, and sometimes it's really hard to find, I can never find it at Ulta anymore and it worries me. It makes me really sad when I see reviews that people hate this or it didn't work out because this is just perfect. I used to use the NYC liner when I was like 15 and then at some point got this in high school and have literally never looked back or tried anything else and i'm now 23. I always wear a cat eye when I wear makeup and I can get a thinner line if I chose for work or can get it thicker for night looks. I get such crisp, dark lines with this and never have to go over with another coat. The only time it gets a little patchy is when its at the end of it's life and when the felt tip gets fuzzy. I can use this for probably 2-3 months before I have to switch but a lot of the time I keep a back up so when it starts going bad I can just toss it and switch. I use the blackest black shade I believe. So nice, dark and matte black. This isn't super watery, it has a hint of thickness to it. I also like how i can get a thinner line towards the front and thicker as I go out. Also the tiny point is easy for filling in the small gap between your lashes and lid. I personally prefer felt tips over the brush tips. It lasts about 8 hours for me, can transfer a little if I rub my eye in the corner or if I get sweaty but when I use a setting spray(UD all nighter) I don't typically have transfer and looks amazing at the end of my work day. I do have to keep my eye closed when I first apply it though and let it dry for a second otherwise I get a ring of it on my crease. I typically use coconut oil to take it off but if I don't, it can take a little bit of work with a makeup wipe to remove. I think this is less than $10 which is just great. Please never discontinue this revlon!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

There are so many liquid eyeliners out there. This is the best bang for the buck and quality is great for the price.

I love the fact this product does not flake off into your eyes throughout the day like some other brands of liquid eyeliner.

The color is labeled intense black, but I don't necessarily agree with the description. It is intense black when applied, but not after it dries. It is still black, but not as black as the Colorstay eyeliner retractable pencil. I sometimes will apply the first coat to dry and then apply second coat.

The wand makes application easy. The wand is stiff and stays in place, almost like a felt pen. It makes applying cat eye super easy. I just lay it down at the end of my eye and instant cat eye. No fuss.

This is colorstay line, but if you cry, this product just smears right off. Keep that in mind. You also need to make sure it fully dries before you do anything or it will smear. But the good thing is, easy comes right off if you make a mistake. It is also easy to remove at the end of the day.

I do like this product for cat eye application. For everyday, I will stick with the Colorstay eyeliner retractable pencil instead.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have not found a liquid eyeliner that works as well as this one. I've tried rimmel and a couple others, but I always go back to this and will pay the higher price for it. This goes on nice and black. It's precise and the pointed wand on it isn't too long and doesn't feather. This liquid eyeliner also doesn't flake off throughout the day like the rimmel one I've tried. The only reason I didn't rate it 5 stars because after half a day or more of wear it sometimes will fade and need a touch up. It also will smudge if it gets slightly damp. It also lasts long.

on 1/20/2017 7:24:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Overall its an "okay" liner. Grabbed this one when my other fav drugstore brand ran out of their liquid liners.

Packaging is a standard felt tip. Easy to use. The color is not the intense black that i like. This one is just dull. Does the work though. If you make a mistake, it easily wipes off. Also my eyelids are oily so it fades a bit at the end of the day. Good thing it doesn't smudge. If you're looking to achieve a crisp sharp liner, this is not the one for you.

UPDATE
lmao i shook the liner & forgot there was a ball thing inside which mixes the product. good intense black👍👍👍 still stand by the rest of my opinions though

on 8/13/2016 7:41:00 PM

I'm a little surprised by the negative revews.

First this is a review for the little bottle with wand, not a pen. I thought pens were a great idea, but honestly they've been all sorts of inconsistent and fussy for me.

The color is BLACK. Deep and saturated. There is a little mixer ball (you can hear it when you shake it) and I gave mine a nice little shakedown when purchased and a quick mix before use.

I've been wanting to get into the winged liner game, but I have had nothing but smudged, greasy mess from what I've tried. My oily skin will keep me young looking, but boy does it make having awesome makeup difficult.

I've been making it work with a cheap elf pen (but it smudges into oblivion within a few hours) and recentry picked up a L'Oréal pen based on reviews but ended up with a ridiculous ball on the end of it that makes the wing impossible. I was planning my defeat and getting a Stila pen (again based on reviews here) but on a trip to Target I decided to take a chance on a BOGO package of these since I always liked the Colorstay foundation.

I've been avoiding these pots of liquid purely due to horrific memories in high school trying it out and not knowing anything (this was pre-YouTube with nary a how to video to be found) and making a ridiculous mess of myself.

Well I'm glad I got this. I applied it over my existing liner when I got home as a test run, and within seconds it dried and didn't smudge.

Today I attempted some tightlining, which I usually use a regular pencil for, avoiding the corners to avoid the mess smudge and a cat eye. Since it's a lazy Saturday I've got one eye testing with my new elf lid primer and one without. I didn't even bother to wash my face, so I was already nice and oily.

So far so good, neither eye smudging in the least. I do have to work on m application now, but having the ability to redip the pen ensures that one eye gets equal application as the other (a problem I was having with my elf pen)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this liquid eyeliner on my upper lids because no matter what, pencil liner always smudges, leaving lines on my eyelids. I've never had that problem when using this though. The formula is thin and in my experience always intensely black (so many reviews say it comes off as grey but I've been buying this for ten years and have never seen that happen. Not invalidating their experiences, just sharing my own.) The applicator is quite stiff. It may take some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it it's not difficult to use. I'm able to get a crisp line and accomplish whatever kind of look I'm going for.

I can't remember exactly how much this costs but it's less than $10 at the drugstore. I haven't bought a new one in over a year... I use this quite frequently but it takes forever for me to go through it all and it never dries out on me until it's damn near empty.

I won't repurchase because Revlon tests on animals and I want to try something different.