Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner

Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner

Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract. Tocopheryl Acetate. Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Oleyl Alcohol, TEA-Stearate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Cellulose, Hectorite, Glyceryl Stearate. Xanthan Gum, Isopropylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben. May contian : Ultramarines, Iron Oxides, Titnaium Dioxide, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Mica, Chromium Oxide Greens, Bismuth Oxychloride, CArmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Manganese Violet.

on 8/13/2016 7:41:00 PM

I'm a little surprised by the negative revews.

First this is a review for the little bottle with wand, not a pen. I thought pens were a great idea, but honestly they've been all sorts of inconsistent and fussy for me.

The color is BLACK. Deep and saturated. There is a little mixer ball (you can hear it when you shake it) and I gave mine a nice little shakedown when purchased and a quick mix before use.

I've been wanting to get into the winged liner game, but I have had nothing but smudged, greasy mess from what I've tried. My oily skin will keep me young looking, but boy does it make having awesome makeup difficult.

I've been making it work with a cheap elf pen (but it smudges into oblivion within a few hours) and recentry picked up a L'Oréal pen based on reviews but ended up with a ridiculous ball on the end of it that makes the wing impossible. I was planning my defeat and getting a Stila pen (again based on reviews here) but on a trip to Target I decided to take a chance on a BOGO package of these since I always liked the Colorstay foundation.

I've been avoiding these pots of liquid purely due to horrific memories in high school trying it out and not knowing anything (this was pre-YouTube with nary a how to video to be found) and making a ridiculous mess of myself.

Well I'm glad I got this. I applied it over my existing liner when I got home as a test run, and within seconds it dried and didn't smudge.

Today I attempted some tightlining, which I usually use a regular pencil for, avoiding the corners to avoid the mess smudge and a cat eye. Since it's a lazy Saturday I've got one eye testing with my new elf lid primer and one without. I didn't even bother to wash my face, so I was already nice and oily.

So far so good, neither eye smudging in the least. I do have to work on m application now, but having the ability to redip the pen ensures that one eye gets equal application as the other (a problem I was having with my elf pen)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use this liquid eyeliner on my upper lids because no matter what, pencil liner always smudges, leaving lines on my eyelids. I've never had that problem when using this though. The formula is thin and in my experience always intensely black (so many reviews say it comes off as grey but I've been buying this for ten years and have never seen that happen. Not invalidating their experiences, just sharing my own.) The applicator is quite stiff. It may take some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it it's not difficult to use. I'm able to get a crisp line and accomplish whatever kind of look I'm going for.

I can't remember exactly how much this costs but it's less than $10 at the drugstore. I haven't bought a new one in over a year... I use this quite frequently but it takes forever for me to go through it all and it never dries out on me until it's damn near empty.

I won't repurchase because Revlon tests on animals and I want to try something different.

To Read all 815 Reviews, Login or Join

Liquid eye liner. It used to be my HG eye liner a couple years back because it doesn't fade or smudges and I loved the punk thick cat eye look. Now that a grew a litle older I rather wear something more subtil and neutral. With the bulky sponge tip aplicator that this comes with, its almost imposible to make a very thin line for tighlining and its hard to get your brush in the tube without breaking the bristles. I guess after all a fluidline is better for tighlining and more versatil

on 4/13/2016 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

I love it. It's my go-to eyeliner. The pencil is really precise and even if it's not pitch black, with one or two layers you can achieve a good dark color.
I used to use it for working at parties where I sweated a lot and it never smudged. Doesn't survive tears that well tho lol.

Never made my eyes burn or anything except for when I was careless and accidentally introduced the pencil in my eye. That was painful.
Speaking of the pencil, I've own this for over 6 months now and it stays the same. Very precise. Check it out tho, it's not super-thin-precise. It's for a "regular" lining.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I hate this product so much that I intentionally logged in to write a review.
My trusty old eyeliner got discontinued and I thought since Revlon makes awesome foundation maybe their eyeliners will be as good?
Wrong.
First of all, it's not the intense black that I was expecting. I had to build it up in order to get that close-to-black-kind-of-grey. Consumes a lot of time. And product.
Secondly, HOLY COW IT SMUDGES AND TRANSFER. To be fair my eyelids transfer almost every make up product I use on my eyes. But I didn't expect to smudge! It smudged more than a gel eyeliner did to my eyes, making me look like a zombie since I have very pale skin. Really?

What I like about this product? The applicator is really nice. It is like a pen, so it gives you precision and control especially if you're going for the winged eyeliner kind of look. But the product is really very disappointing. Never will I repurchase this again. And that means it's time for me to hunt for another affordable and trusty eyeliner.

If you are one of those who, like me, got a watery, grey eyeliner instead of intense black, you might wanna read this. I bought this yesterday and tried it first thing upon reaching home, expecting to see what it says on the label - a line that is 'blackest black'. However, mine was watery and light grey. It wasn't black at all. I was disappointed and threw it aside. Decided I had wasted my money on a dud.

Today, I decided to give it another chance. It was still watery and greyish looking. So I used the applicator and mixed it up vigorously, scraping the sides as much as I could. Tried to draw a line on my lid again and voila, it was a proper, black line this time. And it dried quickly, giving me a pretty cateye look I was aiming for. So... I guess the product might have 'separated' for some reason. I'm not sure if I have to scrape-and-mix every time I use it, we'll see. If yours turned out like mine, watery and grey, you might wanna try doing the same thing and see if it works :) But because of this reason, I'm only giving this product 2 lippies. Not sure if I'll buy it again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Difficult to use for begginer

on 2/16/2016 3:08:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

Hate this eyeliner, tbh. My problems with it were:

- Burned my eyes
- Transferred like a mofo, even with primer + powder on my lids
- Not black enough, and watery
- Applicator was really hard? Like it just didn't have any give which I didn't like
- Bleeds

I don't know if I got a dud or what, but I've read multiple reviews on various sites of people having the same problems I had, as well as rave reviews for it. Maybe Revlon is just shitty at producing eyeliner and make a lot of duds lol.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I wanted to like this product but it makes my eyelids burn and that's no bueno.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I had this when I first started getting into makeup and its really good. I always wipe excess product on the lid then i use it. It is really easy to use and the felt brush tip makes a really thin or thick line (i used it for school so i always wore it very very thin and it did so really well). it lasted all day but it isn't waterproof. it never fades until i wash it off and it comes off really easily. I can't get another one because I live in a country where they don't provide it but when I go back to the U.S., ill definitely buy it again.