NYX Professional Makeup Professional Makeup Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks

NYX Professional Makeup Professional Makeup Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks

3.5

Isododecane, Petrolatum, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polybutene, Dimethicone, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cera Carnauba/Cire de Carnauba, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Phystosterols, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Alumina, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Blue Lake 1 (CI 42090), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red Lake 30 (CI 73360).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Ahh.. Nyx.. I love and hate you.
Liquid Suede in the regular colors for the most part, do not work for me. The mettalics DO work for me. They last long but the regular ones are a hit or miss.
I will keep buying them to see which ones do. They have such a wide range and its affordable.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have this is Kitten Heels (a pinup red) and it wears well and lasts nicely, but I also have it in Oh, Put It On (deep purple-black) and it both feathers and wears off the top lip really quickly even if don't eat or drink. The formula isn't super-drying.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have this product in #4, “Soft Spoken,” which I would describe as a deep, yet soft, burnt rose. It’s a sophisticated, but not stodgy color that works well for both day and night.

As with most NYX products, you get a lot of bang for your buck here. The tube is large (but still fits in a makeup bag or small purse) and the product, while in said tube, doesn’t dry out. Once applied, that may be a slightly different story, if you have very dry lips like I do. While i don’t find it as drying as many lipsticks, it’s still not moisturizing enough to look and feel good on me for more than a few hours. Then it starts to become patchy and flake, causing me to reach for my balm and wipe the remnants away.

I do applaud the wet formula for not being too goopy. It dries semi-matte, with medium pigmentation. Props also go to the sturdy, angled applicator, which picks up the perfect amount of product and is uncannily easy to use.

Bottom line, if you don’t have true troubles keeping your lips moisturized, this is an affordable option worth trying.

they are pretty long lasting but unfortunately make my lips feel quite sticky and dry!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I'm surprised at all the low ratings, because this is honestly one of the best liquid lipstick formulas I've tried - and that's an amazing feat, considering its incredibly low price point. However, looking at the wide shade range, I'm willing to bet the issue lies in that the formula greatly varies depending on the color. Darker, vampy shades and neon shades tend to be the problem children. I noticed it too with Cherry Skies, which is a deep cherry red, although it wasn't horrible or anything - just a tiny bit patchy, which was remedied with another layer applied.

As for the other shades I have - Soft Spoken, Sandstorm, and Stone Fox - all of them are super pigmented, glide on smoothly without any patchiness, and last seemingly forever without any signs of fading. It's a similar formula to the Colourpop Ultra Satin Lips, which is another stellar product. Both of them behave almost like a creamy bullet lipstick melted into a thin, liquid form. So because of that, unlike matte liquid lipsticks, these don't dry down; they transfer with even the slightest touch. Still, I think that's a negligible compromise considering how great these are.

on 3/29/2018 10:37:00 AM

I thought I would try the NYX Liquid suede after falling in love with the Maybelline...

It was easy to apply and has a variety of colours however I had to add multiple layers to cover up the patchy look it gave and the black dried lighter then I expected same with the purple. It is very light to wear which is nice but never actually dries and faded pretty quickly for my taste.

I probably wouldn't get this product again unless I need an odd colour.

Purchased this product in 'Soft Spoken' and am in love! It goes on liquid and dries more matte--but not at all drying. It passes the food and drink tests with flying colours. I don't even need a lip liner, the lipstick doesn't bleed at all. 10/10 would buy again

I bought this in Tea & Cookies.

Pros:
-Not as drying as Lip Lingerie
-Smooth and wearable
-Fun colours, can't wait to try others

Cons:
-T&C in particular is patchy
-The colour looks completely different on; it's too bright for me and a much cooler tone than you'd think
-Doesn't last that long, at least with T&C

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I have had this product in the colors Stone Fox, Alien, Little Denim Dress, and Foiled Again. The formula is very nice for the most part aside from a little stickiness and streaking if the lips are pressed together too roughly. Alien and Stone Fox (being darker colors) tend to wear off noticeably quicker, but last about two hours before needing to be reapplied. I only used Little Denim Dress and Foiled Again for a photo shoot or two so I don't know much about the wear time. Dries down to a nice semi-matte. I wish the applicator was a little easier to get into the corners of my lips, but does it provide good coverage. Overall a nice liquid lip! Just repurchased Alien today, would definitely continue to repurchase and look forward to trying other colors.

on 2/9/2018 12:22:00 PM

Im surprised reading reviews saying the formula is slippery. Mine doesnt feel slippery at all. I'm actually really loving these, I have 4 of them: kitten heels, brooklyn thorn,initiator and club hopper. The pigmentation is seriously so good and the formula really doesnt feel too dry, and im someone who cant stand feeling my lips dry. You do have to be carefull not to rub them togheter hard or they will crumble. They also take a little bit to dry out and arent tranfer proof, but the still stay on pretty damn good, een after drinking water or eating (as long as isnt oily food).
The appication can get a bit tricky on the sides of the lips but other than that the appliator holds just the right amount of product and is relatively easy to work with.

Edit: Iv'e found shade initiator to dry down wayy too quick, to the point it just looks streaky and a lot drier than the others, accentuates lines a lot too. This shade also wears off really badly. The other shades also dont wear off the most naturally, they can leave little bumps, Tho I just put lip moisturizer over and it evens and smoothes it out,