NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks

NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks

3.5

Isododecane, Petrolatum, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polybutene, Dimethicone, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cera Carnauba/Cire de Carnauba, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Phystosterols, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Alumina, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Blue Lake 1 (CI 42090), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red Lake 30 (CI 73360).

My mom tried this and gave it to me because she didn't like it and said it was too dying. When I tried it I at first really liked it. Good pigmentation. What I noticed though is that as it faded like any lip product would it started clumping up really weird. I really love the lip lingerie but these are just a no for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased the Cherry Skies colour. I adore the Dita Von Teese pin up make up look. If you do too then this lipstick is for you. The colour can be adjusted depending on how much of it you apply and it has staying power! It's easy to apply and control and quite affordable. A light coat leaves you with a bright cherry look, but apply more and it deepens and darkens to a more dark plum, vampy tone. I prefer it to 'Vintage' which is a lot darker and gothy IMO. The only drawback is if you smudge it or touch it before its dried it can stain the area around your mouth and be a little hard to budge.

on 10/2/2017 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Over the last two years I've purchased 6 shades, three of which are in heavy rotation (Retro, Vintage, and Downtown Beauty). Brooklyn Thorn makes me look like a corpse on its own so I mix it with "Oh Put it On" Liner for a fun dark purple-brown color. I've never worn "Oh Put it On" out of the house...its a very dramatic color and too dark for me to wear to work or for errands. Also, that particular shade seems to have a different texture than the rest. It never quite gets matte. Over all, I love the texture of most and have repurchased my favorite shades (once when It got used up and another when I thought I'd lost it).

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have this in the shade, Respect the Pink. It is an electric magenta pink cream. Dries to a matte finish. I did not like the texture of this at all once it dried on my lips. It felt like someone had glued plastic wrap to my mouth. It was also very gloppy and messy to work with.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

it's ok, this product comes in stunning colours, however it doesn't provide an even colour. for a lipstick beginner, I do not think i would buy this again as it bleeds easily and doesn't stay on for long.

on 8/17/2017 11:29:00 AM

First of all- if you are looking for the metallic liquid suede- some are definitely more metallic looking than others so swatch them in the store first. This formula is a very creamy, non drying liquid lipstick. The formula has no fragrance, or taste, which is always a winner in my book. To top it off, there is a huge range of colors that are all very affordable!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I've been looking for a liquid suede-like texture lipstick. Not matte, not fully liquid/shiny - this product is inbeteeen and just the way I like it. It goes on very smooth and the texture will dry just a tad bit so it's almost satin-like and very natural on your lips (texture-wise). It lasts all day if I watch out (as in if I don't actively use napkins, gently drink water, etc). I do need to re-apply after a meal.

This doesn't smudge and it's very easy to apply. Doesn't bleed. I love this line and love the colors they have available, my favorite being soft-spoken. This is my go-to lip product!

Other colors that are great with my NC40 skin - Vintage (great winter/fall vamp color), cherry skies (a nice rich red), sandstorm (good nude).

5 lippies all around because soft spoken liquid suede is my go to & this product is very affordable/easy to find ($7 ish at Ulta and they often have BOGO or coupons).

on 6/30/2017 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Very opaque, easy to apply. Takes a bit to dry completely down. Fairly good lasting power. It's named accordingly as the lipstick leaves your lips a very velvety/suede kind of texture that I am a big fan of. For the price extremely good, the colour range is unfortunately pretty limited. Would like to see more shades. 5/5 would buy again, recommend to try.

on 7/16/2017 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have 3 shades of these lipsticks and I don't recommend them. They are more richly pigmented than the Soft Matte Lip Creams but they are not long lasting/transfer proof and feel really uncomfortable on the lips. They don't build up nicely either as it clumps up.

These are the 3 lip colours I have in the Nyx LS
Sandstorm (Clay Brown) - I brought this because I saw it being recommended on YouTube. It's defiantly my favourite of the 3 and the colour is gorgeous but I never reach for this because of the formula problems I've mentioned above.

Amethyst (Violet) - Loved the colour at first but I never reached for it. The colour is a bit of a cool tone purple for me so I always overlook it for Mac's Heroine. Also I'm scared to wear this because the formula is such a let down and I don't want it to look smudged and transfer off especially when I eat, drink and kiss my boyfriend!

Subversive Socialite (Deep Purple) - This one is one of the worst lipsticks I've ever tried! It's patchy, applies unevenly and it never lasts on the lips. You just have to smack your lips together and bingo, A portion of it has come off! I wore it once on a shopping trip with a lip liner underneath and by the time I got there my lips looked a hot mess! I would stay far away from this particular shade, mine went in the bin months ago.

I love Nyx products but I feel that their lipsticks lets them down a lot. I would recommend saving your money by not buying these and invest in a higher end liquid lipstick instead (Jefree Star, Ofra etc).

on 7/16/2017 2:19:00 PM

I really wanted to like these because there are so many beautiful colours in this line. I have three shades: Subversive socialite, Sway and Respect the pink.
Subversive socialite is way too dark for me but it is also very patchy on the lips. The other two apply nicely but I still hate these lip creams! They are very sticky and uncomfortable. The worst part is that they don't fade evenly, instead they make a sharp, crusty line across my lips almost immediately after putting them on! The applicator isn't the most useful, either.