NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks

NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks

3.5

Isododecane, Petrolatum, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polybutene, Dimethicone, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cera Carnauba/Cire de Carnauba, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Phystosterols, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Alumina, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Blue Lake 1 (CI 42090), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red Lake 30 (CI 73360).

on 11/18/2017 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased Mauve Mist and Bella and returned them both...but for different reasons.
* Mauve Mist (warm rose Nude) looked muddy on my light yellow toned skin, there were definite notes of gray which did not play nice with my skin color and to compensate I had to use more blush/ bronzer. In the end it wasn’t worth the effort.
* Bella (deep reddish copper) is a beautiful color and reminded me of a matte version of a Dior gloss I used to wear in high school, however is very shimmery, much more so than the pictures online portray, and being somewhat formal in terms of lip colors, it was a bit much. I tried downplaying the shimmer factor by applying clear gloss first and dotting/ blending out the color but in the end the shimmer won and return it went. I would love this color if less shimmer.
**As per the name suggests, the formula is matte (aka suede) and medium to full coverage. Good 3-4 hour wear. A light lip balm pre-application might be best as it does have the tendency to cake.

on 11/14/2017 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have this in Tea & Cookies and while its a nice color this takes forever to dry and once its "matte" its still not transfer proof and comes off completely when eating or drinking. The formula is very pigmented but feels slightly sticky and smells chemically.

One plus is the applicator, which is a classic doefoot but its tilted, which for some reason works great

on 11/1/2017 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have these in Sandstorm and Tea and Cookies. The colors are nice but other than 2-3 others, the colors are just way too weird for me. Several of my friends also purchased some in lots of other colors, I tried some of theirs in the darker shades. Not one of my friends like them much either. I am kind of surprised that there are lots of good reviews because I don't like anything about these. They really dry my lips out, they take forever to dry, they flake off, it comes off when you eat or drink and some of them are splotchy and hard to apply. When it comes off while eating of drinking, it looks terrible until I reapply, splotchy, uneven. I'm almost down to the last little bit in both of mine and I'll be glad when they are gone. Will definitely not repurchase even though I really do love the color of Sandstorm a lot. If a lip product dries my lips out, I very rarely repurchase it. That is a big NO for me and this really dried them out. If I put balm on first, the color was all gone within about 2 hours. .There are so many better choices, this is a huge thumbs down for me. I much prefer the NXY Soft Matte and it has a lot more wearable colors too.

on 11/11/2017 3:06:00 PM

SOft spoken is a pretty nude rose color

My mom tried this and gave it to me because she didn't like it and said it was too dying. When I tried it I at first really liked it. Good pigmentation. What I noticed though is that as it faded like any lip product would it started clumping up really weird. I really love the lip lingerie but these are just a no for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought these in kitten heels, cherry skies and vintage so far and I love them. I wore cherry skies to work today and got a least two compliments from customers on my lipstick. Based on the reviews I've read most reviewers are going for either a neutral look or a goth look. If you look in vintage makeup communities these lipsticks are more appreciated.

I did not need to reapply my lipstick once during an 8 hour shift where I had 2 10 min breaks and a lunch. I was really amazed at how long lasting this lipstick was.

on 10/2/2017 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Over the last two years I've purchased 6 shades, three of which are in heavy rotation (Retro, Vintage, and Downtown Beauty). Brooklyn Thorn makes me look like a corpse on its own so I mix it with "Oh Put it On" Liner for a fun dark purple-brown color. I've never worn "Oh Put it On" out of the house...its a very dramatic color and too dark for me to wear to work or for errands. Also, that particular shade seems to have a different texture than the rest. It never quite gets matte. Over all, I love the texture of most and have repurchased my favorite shades (once when It got used up and another when I thought I'd lost it).

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have this in the shade, Respect the Pink. It is an electric magenta pink cream. Dries to a matte finish. I did not like the texture of this at all once it dried on my lips. It felt like someone had glued plastic wrap to my mouth. It was also very gloppy and messy to work with.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased the Cherry Skies colour. I adore the Dita Von Teese pin up make up look. If you do too then this lipstick is for you. The colour can be adjusted depending on how much of it you apply and it has staying power! It's easy to apply and control and quite affordable. A light coat leaves you with a bright cherry look, but apply more and it deepens and darkens to a more dark plum, vampy tone. I prefer it to 'Vintage' which is a lot darker and gothy IMO. The only drawback is if you smudge it or touch it before its dried it can stain the area around your mouth and be a little hard to budge.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

it's ok, this product comes in stunning colours, however it doesn't provide an even colour. for a lipstick beginner, I do not think i would buy this again as it bleeds easily and doesn't stay on for long.