NYX Professional Makeup Professional Makeup Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks

NYX Professional Makeup Professional Makeup Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks

3.5

Isododecane, Petrolatum, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polybutene, Dimethicone, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cera Carnauba/Cire de Carnauba, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Phystosterols, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Alumina, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR( /-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Blue Lake 1 (CI 42090), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red Lake 30 (CI 73360).

on 8/27/2018 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

PROS:
• Wide color range
• Long wearing, rarely needs reapplication
• No bleeding
• No crumbling
• Actual color is the same as the tube (doesn't get darker)
• Comfortable
• Affordable

CONS:
• Transfers but not too much
• Needs layering for full pigmentation
• Chemical scent

Overall, 7/10. I have the shade Sandstorm. This formula is fairly similar to the Colourpop Ultra Satin formula, but more sheer and with less transfer. The biggest issue I have with this lipstick is that it can get on my teeth while it's drying (takes a while to dry down), I wouldn't dare to wear it in a darker color.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

These lipsticks are really good for their price. The formula is pretty good. However, it can be a little drying so make sure to put on some lip balm before putting this on. They have a great variety of shades and you can have a lot of fun playing with color.

As for lasting power, it can last a long time and survive eating meals and drinking. But you probably will need to do a touch-up afterwards.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Ahh.. Nyx.. I love and hate you.
Liquid Suede in the regular colors for the most part, do not work for me. The mettalics DO work for me. They last long but the regular ones are a hit or miss.
I will keep buying them to see which ones do. They have such a wide range and its affordable.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have this is Kitten Heels (a pinup red) and it wears well and lasts nicely, but I also have it in Oh, Put It On (deep purple-black) and it both feathers and wears off the top lip really quickly even if don't eat or drink. The formula isn't super-drying.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have this product in #4, “Soft Spoken,” which I would describe as a deep, yet soft, burnt rose. It’s a sophisticated, but not stodgy color that works well for both day and night.

As with most NYX products, you get a lot of bang for your buck here. The tube is large (but still fits in a makeup bag or small purse) and the product, while in said tube, doesn’t dry out. Once applied, that may be a slightly different story, if you have very dry lips like I do. While i don’t find it as drying as many lipsticks, it’s still not moisturizing enough to look and feel good on me for more than a few hours. Then it starts to become patchy and flake, causing me to reach for my balm and wipe the remnants away.

I do applaud the wet formula for not being too goopy. It dries semi-matte, with medium pigmentation. Props also go to the sturdy, angled applicator, which picks up the perfect amount of product and is uncannily easy to use.

Bottom line, if you don’t have true troubles keeping your lips moisturized, this is an affordable option worth trying.

they are pretty long lasting but unfortunately make my lips feel quite sticky and dry!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I'm surprised at all the low ratings, because this is honestly one of the best liquid lipstick formulas I've tried - and that's an amazing feat, considering its incredibly low price point. However, looking at the wide shade range, I'm willing to bet the issue lies in that the formula greatly varies depending on the color. Darker, vampy shades and neon shades tend to be the problem children. I noticed it too with Cherry Skies, which is a deep cherry red, although it wasn't horrible or anything - just a tiny bit patchy, which was remedied with another layer applied.

As for the other shades I have - Soft Spoken, Sandstorm, and Stone Fox - all of them are super pigmented, glide on smoothly without any patchiness, and last seemingly forever without any signs of fading. It's a similar formula to the Colourpop Ultra Satin Lips, which is another stellar product. Both of them behave almost like a creamy bullet lipstick melted into a thin, liquid form. So because of that, unlike matte liquid lipsticks, these don't dry down; they transfer with even the slightest touch. Still, I think that's a negligible compromise considering how great these are.

on 3/29/2018 10:37:00 AM

I thought I would try the NYX Liquid suede after falling in love with the Maybelline...

It was easy to apply and has a variety of colours however I had to add multiple layers to cover up the patchy look it gave and the black dried lighter then I expected same with the purple. It is very light to wear which is nice but never actually dries and faded pretty quickly for my taste.

I probably wouldn't get this product again unless I need an odd colour.

Purchased this product in 'Soft Spoken' and am in love! It goes on liquid and dries more matte--but not at all drying. It passes the food and drink tests with flying colours. I don't even need a lip liner, the lipstick doesn't bleed at all. 10/10 would buy again

I bought this in Tea & Cookies.

Pros:
-Not as drying as Lip Lingerie
-Smooth and wearable
-Fun colours, can't wait to try others

Cons:
-T&C in particular is patchy
-The colour looks completely different on; it's too bright for me and a much cooler tone than you'd think
-Doesn't last that long, at least with T&C