Sephora Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer

Sephora  Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer

3.8

on 9/15/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I found this concealer to be so so. I am an NC 43 or Nars Tinted Moisturizer- Malaga; basically medium dark with yellow undertones. The SA applied this to my under eye area after applying the Sephora Orange Corrector. She applied the #13 Caramel on one eye ad the #!14Toffee under the other. The Carmel was a little too light and the Toffee was a little too dark. I am probably somewhere in between which may mean I need to buy both and mix them.

I would have been fine with that, however after wearing this for about an hour, I noticed that it creeped into the fine lines under my eyes. I don't know if the creasing was do to the corrector or the above concealers but I have decided to keep looking.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have been using this for several months. I got this because the Maybelline fit me started burning my eyes and I wanted a light concealer for under they eyes that looked natural so it would work with BB creams. This one works quite well for that purpose. It'd say it's a medium coverage, not really buildable. You will be tempted to pack it on but don't! It gets cakey and streaky if you add too much. I do need to set with a powder, but I need to set all concealers with a powder. I got the shade meringue. It works for me but I might try a shade or two darker next time to make it just a bit more natural. I don't love the applicator. It's a doe foot...sort of. It doesn't have a slanted side so product is only on the tip so you have to dot it on. I can deal with it, but I prefer to swipe it in place. I will also say you don't get a ton of product. Pay attention to price per ounce on this one. It's 0.13 oz/3.84 ml and $14. I love the NARS radiant creamy concealer, which is 0.22 oz for $30. Tarte shape tape is 0.33 oz for $25. So of the three, Tarte shape tape is easily the cheapest. Just saying...
Overall I do think I'll repurchase.

on 7/18/2017 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of those i wanna ask WHYYY doesn't this product have better ratings!?! Haha-honestly though iv used Tartes infamous Shape Tape and yes it is awesome HOWEVER after buying this gel serum,i cannot help but rave ab how much i love it..so little goes a long way,it literally brightens under the eyes pulling off a highlight effect and is totally buildable for those that say it's not enough coverage,yes it is...you may have to apply another layer depending on what your trying to achieve,but it certainly can be full coverage! I love that i can use the tinest bit and it just spreads so perfect..awesome for dewy/lumi girl especially,but can be used on ANY skin types...very pleased with my purchase and although i can't say its better than Shape Tape,i CAN say it's just as good 😉

on 7/1/2017 3:01:00 PM

Both texture and coverages are light...i need something heavier duty for the under eye circles...and really do not understand why is there a need to put fragrance in a concealer. Average product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

A reviewer below me described the shade 11 Tatin as a weird muddy yellow, and that's exactly why I love it. I have never seen a concealer in this shade. Most concealers are way too peachy, light, pink because brands have the idea that you're using the concealer primarily for correcting undereye darkness and highlighting. That's fair, and I wouldn't use Tatin for that (it would look ashy), but for really natural-looking spot concealing on the face, Tatin is absolute perfection for concealing the PIH on my NC37-40 muted cool beige-yellow olive cheeks. I don't need a lot, and when patted in with my fingers it gives good (not full though) coverage and an extremely natural finish. You could probably wear this bare, without foundation. I use an indie mineral powder sheerly all over to set and make everything seamless, and it's really such a good "no-makeup" makeup base. For more intense PIH, though, I do have to layer it on top of a yellow corrector, but the finish still makes it seem so natural. It's not a thick, cakey full coverage concealer, but it really is so lightweight and natural-looking. I do think if you got some flaws but want a nice no-makeup base, a natural finish concealer that matches your skin nearly perfectly is 100% necessary. No weird peachy undertones, no mask matte finish, none of that. I have a very difficult to match skintone because of my undertones (medium depth, neutral-cool olive yellow, muted), and I've only found one foundation that's even closely matches me. I'm so impressed that this concealer looks so seamless on me as well. It's not perfect (got more pink in it than I'd like -- I'm very particular lol), but I find the slight pinkness counteracts the darkness of the PIH anyways.

The shade range is extensive, but it's deceiving (as it goes with the Sephora collection). I still think the line could use more variation in undertones, and I got lucky with this outlier (though 12 Pecan is a very yellow NC42 olive shade FYI). If you got NC37-40 cool olive beige yellow undertones going on, definitely give this a try. It's such a rare gem. The Becca Aqua Luminous concealer in Medium is somewhat similar to this in color and finish, but the Medium oxidized deeper/warmer/pinker on me than this.

Also, this doesn't break me out/clog me up! That is really a feat.

on 6/4/2017 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I absolutely adore this concealer, it looks so natural under the eyes! if you are looking for a full coverage or a heavy concealer this is not the one for you. However, if you are looking for a concealer that feels light on the skin, looks natural, and never cakey, this is the perfect concealer. They also have so many shades to choose from. The new applicator makes it way easier to apply your concealer. I would totally recommend this to my friends and family!

on 5/25/2017 3:19:00 PM

I loved the consistency and shade match of this concealer. I am an NC42, GA LSF 7.5 and shade #10 (Eclair) was perfect for counteracting dark circles and doubling as a highlighter. But sadly, this also caused me to break out in milia, which I absolutely dread. I know that NARS is a similar (maybe superior) formula but I can't bring myself to shell out the $$$ for it!

on 2/10/2017 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I was really impressed by it initially and looked great when I tried it at the sephora store. However when I came home and saw in the mirror, it had creased like crazy and I could see so many fine lines under my eyes that I didn't know I even had!! Definitely not the best under eye concealer. I was trying to find a cheaper one because I currently use Estée Lauder one and it's $25 va sephora is only $14. I'm 31 and don't have a ton of lines or wrinkles but this sephora concealer really enhanced whatever lines I have. Will be returning it soon. On the plus side though, it has a huge color selection. It may work on someone with very smooth u der eye area or for highlighting nose and forehead. I personally wasn't impressed and won't use it

on 11/27/2016 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I set out to purchase a concealer to help with the bags under my eyes that have formed over the last year due to lack of sleep. I didn't want to spend a lot of money as I remember not having much luck with concealers in the past. I bought 2 shades lighter than my skin tone and applied it only to the thin shadow below the eye bag. I used an eyeliner brush because I needed it to be precise and then gently blended with my baby finger. I applied 2 or 3 coats being very careful to only apply it to the shadow below the eye bag, I have not tried the concealer anywhere else on my face, but for this purpose it worked perfectly. Perfectly! Most 50 year old women will tell you it is not easy to hide the bags under their eyes, so to have it work this well is really saying a lot for this product. I encourage anyone in this age bracket with dry skin to try it. Anyone interested in the technique of applying concealer this way should check out Goss makeup artist on YouTube.
The only thing I really disliked was the packaging as the hard plastic wrap was very difficult to remove. Also, I wouldn't use the applicator that comes with.

A girl at Sephora used their skin color typing tool to get my exact skin shade. So I thought the color would be perfect for me, but it looks so off. Weird, because she tool got my exact skin color, but the "tatin" color that it picked out for me looks muddy, yellow, and dirty on my skin.
Whenever I wear this, my friends comment on the off color. =[
The consistency is good, but it's hard to apply smoothly. I don't think I'll buy another gel serum type concealer again, and I am definitely getting a different color.