Sephora Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer

Sephora  Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer

3.8

on 3/29/2018 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this two years ago in New York and I was immediately obsessed. This is amazing for oily skin, it stays in place all day is easy to apply, you don't need much for it to conceal while brighten and it blends incredibly easily.

However, as I'm from the UK you cannot buy this Sephora product here, even online. Whenever I have been on holiday throughout Europe and Asia, I have kept an eye out for these. They only sell about five shades in these regions, none of which I am happy using. I am number 6.5/Biscotti which I have not seen in any Sephora (I have been to) outside the states. It is incredibly hard to get a hold of but I would still buy 10 if I found it somewhere!

The other problem I have with this concealer is the packaging. It is awful, I have about a centimetre of product in the bottom which I have not been able to obtain, what a waste. I have tried these hacks like boiling it in water etc, no difference. In my opinion, at least the wand needs to be far longer. However, it has been a while now since I have bought the product so this may have changed.

Never the less the product is incredible and I would 100% buy next time I am in the states! I would recommend to a friend!

on 3/26/2018 12:32:00 AM

I have been testing this concealer, which cost $14. I believe I have the lightest shade, which is typical for me. I purchased this at the same time I purchased the Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum concealer for about $42, also in the lightest neutral shade. I prepared both under eyes with my typical eye cream and applied a color corrector. I then applied one concealer to each eye and asked my husband and my best friend, separately and without disclosing which eye had which concealer, which eye they thought looked better. My husband said the Sephora eye was better, and my friend said the Bobbi Brown eye was slightly better. Each also said they could hardly tell the difference. In my own opinion, neither did a fabulous job of covering my dark undereye shadows along the orbital rim. Both apply very similarly and provide light to medium coverage that is somewhat buildable but never really covered my circles. They are both lightweight, quite natural looking, and do not settle into my crepey inner under eye corners (although the Sephora does very slightly). I think I need a more concentrated or opaque concealer. The Sephora one seems to work just as well as the Bobbi Brown one, however, so I will keep that one for no make-up days and return the Bobbi Brown.

on 3/15/2018 8:49:00 PM

This is the holy grail of concealers that are on the cheap end. It isn't cakey, it blends out perfectly and it doesn't crease at all. Sometimes a bad concealer can make you look older, but I've never had an issue with this.

I have shade Fondant and it's become my everyday under eye concealer. Coverage goes on medium/full but it is buildable if you need more. I set it like I would any other concealer and it lasts all day, easily as long as my foundation does.

on 9/15/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I found this concealer to be so so. I am an NC 43 or Nars Tinted Moisturizer- Malaga; basically medium dark with yellow undertones. The SA applied this to my under eye area after applying the Sephora Orange Corrector. She applied the #13 Caramel on one eye ad the #!14Toffee under the other. The Carmel was a little too light and the Toffee was a little too dark. I am probably somewhere in between which may mean I need to buy both and mix them.

I would have been fine with that, however after wearing this for about an hour, I noticed that it creeped into the fine lines under my eyes. I don't know if the creasing was do to the corrector or the above concealers but I have decided to keep looking.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I have been using this for several months. I got this because the Maybelline fit me started burning my eyes and I wanted a light concealer for under they eyes that looked natural so it would work with BB creams. This one works quite well for that purpose. It'd say it's a medium coverage, not really buildable. You will be tempted to pack it on but don't! It gets cakey and streaky if you add too much. I do need to set with a powder, but I need to set all concealers with a powder. I got the shade meringue. It works for me but I might try a shade or two darker next time to make it just a bit more natural. I don't love the applicator. It's a doe foot...sort of. It doesn't have a slanted side so product is only on the tip so you have to dot it on. I can deal with it, but I prefer to swipe it in place. I will also say you don't get a ton of product. Pay attention to price per ounce on this one. It's 0.13 oz/3.84 ml and $14. I love the NARS radiant creamy concealer, which is 0.22 oz for $30. Tarte shape tape is 0.33 oz for $25. So of the three, Tarte shape tape is easily the cheapest. Just saying...
Overall I do think I'll repurchase.

on 7/18/2017 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is one of those i wanna ask WHYYY doesn't this product have better ratings!?! Haha-honestly though iv used Tartes infamous Shape Tape and yes it is awesome HOWEVER after buying this gel serum,i cannot help but rave ab how much i love it..so little goes a long way,it literally brightens under the eyes pulling off a highlight effect and is totally buildable for those that say it's not enough coverage,yes it is...you may have to apply another layer depending on what your trying to achieve,but it certainly can be full coverage! I love that i can use the tinest bit and it just spreads so perfect..awesome for dewy/lumi girl especially,but can be used on ANY skin types...very pleased with my purchase and although i can't say its better than Shape Tape,i CAN say it's just as good 😉

on 7/1/2017 3:01:00 PM

Both texture and coverages are light...i need something heavier duty for the under eye circles...and really do not understand why is there a need to put fragrance in a concealer. Average product.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

A reviewer below me described the shade 11 Tatin as a weird muddy yellow, and that's exactly why I love it. I have never seen a concealer in this shade. Most concealers are way too peachy, light, pink because brands have the idea that you're using the concealer primarily for correcting undereye darkness and highlighting. That's fair, and I wouldn't use Tatin for that (it would look ashy), but for really natural-looking spot concealing on the face, Tatin is absolute perfection for concealing the PIH on my NC37-40 muted cool beige-yellow olive cheeks. I don't need a lot, and when patted in with my fingers it gives good (not full though) coverage and an extremely natural finish. You could probably wear this bare, without foundation. I use an indie mineral powder sheerly all over to set and make everything seamless, and it's really such a good "no-makeup" makeup base. For more intense PIH, though, I do have to layer it on top of a yellow corrector, but the finish still makes it seem so natural. It's not a thick, cakey full coverage concealer, but it really is so lightweight and natural-looking. I do think if you got some flaws but want a nice no-makeup base, a natural finish concealer that matches your skin nearly perfectly is 100% necessary. No weird peachy undertones, no mask matte finish, none of that. I have a very difficult to match skintone because of my undertones (medium depth, neutral-cool olive yellow, muted), and I've only found one foundation that's even closely matches me. I'm so impressed that this concealer looks so seamless on me as well. It's not perfect (got more pink in it than I'd like -- I'm very particular lol), but I find the slight pinkness counteracts the darkness of the PIH anyways.

The shade range is extensive, but it's deceiving (as it goes with the Sephora collection). I still think the line could use more variation in undertones, and I got lucky with this outlier (though 12 Pecan is a very yellow NC42 olive shade FYI). If you got NC37-40 cool olive beige yellow undertones going on, definitely give this a try. It's such a rare gem. The Becca Aqua Luminous concealer in Medium is somewhat similar to this in color and finish, but the Medium oxidized deeper/warmer/pinker on me than this.

Also, this doesn't break me out/clog me up! That is really a feat.

on 6/4/2017 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I absolutely adore this concealer, it looks so natural under the eyes! if you are looking for a full coverage or a heavy concealer this is not the one for you. However, if you are looking for a concealer that feels light on the skin, looks natural, and never cakey, this is the perfect concealer. They also have so many shades to choose from. The new applicator makes it way easier to apply your concealer. I would totally recommend this to my friends and family!

on 5/25/2017 3:19:00 PM

I loved the consistency and shade match of this concealer. I am an NC42, GA LSF 7.5 and shade #10 (Eclair) was perfect for counteracting dark circles and doubling as a highlighter. But sadly, this also caused me to break out in milia, which I absolutely dread. I know that NARS is a similar (maybe superior) formula but I can't bring myself to shell out the $$$ for it!