Solstice Scents - Conjure

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/8/2018 4:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Another great one from Solstice Scents. I'm not sure I get smoke or incense but I do get a rich resinous warmth that reminds me of actual rosewood (not rose and wood, but the slightly fruity endangered sap from rosewood) and cistus labdanum. It's a beautiful combination. Unisex, worth a spin at her excellent prices. Would repurchase.

"A Magical Blend of Vanilla, Amber, Cedar, Spices & Cauldron Smoke" -from the SS site

A good unisex option for those who like woodsy type scents or vanilla that isn't too foody smelling.. I also purchased their scent Spellbound Woods, but preferred this because the vanilla seemed more...natural? Let me explain...

To me, this scent is like a mystery unraveling. At first, it's a sharp, smokey affair that could almost be somewhat medicinal smelling in the bottle. When applied to the skin, a surprising sweetness appears. Dark, though. It's not going to make itself fully known until you get to that chapter.

After 10-15 on the skin, a softer woodsy-ness takes over, still smokey and mysterious but also welcoming. Somewhat like vanilla pipe tobacco, but not that obvious. The vanilla never loses it's smokiness. I imagine a world traveler who carries a small cedar box in which he collects herbs and treasures from around the world. The vanilla beans inside absorb the scent of the cedar box, the spices, the tobacco he smokes. After a few hours, this fades away leaving a warmth to the skin that is sexy but not obvious. Even at this point, you don't just smell faded vanilla, the remnants of the smoke remain. It's complex and even though it requires a touch up after 4 hours, I would repurchase again.