Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick - Porcelain 110

Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick - Porcelain 110

3.2

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used to love this product. I went and bought a fourth a couple months ago and it's just not the same, and not in a good way. This is really difficult to blend and it doesn't last on the skin very long, but it used to. The coverage is weird and patchy and doesn't look very good. I wouldn't buy this again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this because reviewers seemed to like it, but I found it to be horrible. I had to tug and pull at my skin to apply, then it didn't blend well or cover well. I tortured my face and still ended up with a very unnatural looking finish despite my best efforts. One use and right into the "I hate it" pile. I would not recommend!

on 8/14/2016 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I have very pale skin and I use a sunscreen with zinc oxide daily, which does make my skin even lighter. Porcelain 110 is the perfect shade to wear over the sunscreen. I also have Fit Me in the liquid makeup poreless-matte in 110 and the stick is a little lighter. I always apply makeup using a magnifying mirror in natural light and blend makeup with a sponge. It never looks streaky or like I'm wearing makeup at all. It is very hard for pale women to find foundations that are light enough so I hope Maybelline never discontinues this product.

I have the hardest time finding foundations that are my skin tone -- I'm too pale. I give this three stars because it's the only foundation I have found that is my tone (I would say I have a cool undertone but along with a yellow tone too) but the formula doesn't last more than 4 hrs.

Overall, it's good.
When it goes on, it's thick, but spreads easily .
I like this more than liquids because I layer without my face feeling "wet."
For me it doesn't cake, but melts into my skin.
I needs a powder.
It's light enough that my freckles show, but removes some redness and discoloraton (not all the way though).

I’m ultra fair with some unevenness/redness, in my early 40s, and have dark circles. I’m lighter than NC15, and finding foundation that is light enough - and doesn’t oxidize to orange - is nearly impossible in the drugstore. It’s frequently impossible in any price range.

I am usually a supplicant for want of a pale shade, and when I find it, have to take whatever formula in which it resides. Most are not good for me. But oh, ho! I love this formula on my early-40s skin!

SHADE: Porcelain 110 is truly light! Not yellow and a truly light, cool color. It doesn’t look as light in the package as it is on the skin (blending w/ the whitish core??) I have a cool undertone (was Blue Red in Prescriptives), and blends in perfectly. As of August 2015, this shade is perfect!

=====>Almost every time I find a “pale” concealer or foundation I like, they darken it. Same company, product, shade, but all of a sudden when I go to buy a new one, ‘my' shade will be darker than it was when I last purchased, no explanation. I’ve lost many a concealer as my HG this way…Prescriptives….Lauder…it happens irrespective of price. Plus at the counter, the ladies tell you you’re wrong as a special added bonus. But I digress.

FORMULA: Some reviewers state that it sits on top of the skin (reviews under all colors of this stick). This is actually what I like about it!! When you’re my age, with some patchy dryness and fine lines popping up around every corner, foundation and concealer settling into those lines is a Big Problem. This product won’t settle. It never settles (silicone??). It does stay on the surface, but if you are lucky enough to have a perfect color match in this line, then it doesn’t *look* like it’s on the surface! I use this with or without DHC’s Velvet Skin Coat (primer), which is silicone, so that may be part of my experience with this foundation. Caveat: this is HG for me 3/4 of the year. It does not work well in summer, even with primer underneath and UD All Nighter on top. :( I still give it 5 lippies - I adore this stuff for 9/12 months.

Coverage-wise I agree it is sheer, but I find the coverage very build-able. I use my fingers with this one. I agree that the sponge would make only the sheerest coverage possible, and a brush…since it isn’t supposed to buff into the skin, I think this, too, would not be optimal. Fingers and patting make it super-buildable and it never cakes. Amazing, really. It is build-able enough to cover redness around my nose, capillaries, discoloration around my mouth, and fading blemish redness on my chin. Smooths out sun damage on my cheeks with only sheer application. I use this under my eyes without it caking as a ‘base’ for other concealer, because my circles are very dark, but I believe it keeps other concealer products - that give me the opacity I need - from settling as well. An active red blemish would need additional concealer. (Maybelline’s 24H concealer in Fair layers very well over this and is a perfect color match (again as of this posting)).

Reviewers have also said that it doesn’t dry. This I don’t agree with. Even without powder, I look finished all day wearing this - it doesn’t disappear on me at all. I find it dries-down quite quickly - before I’ve finished the rest of my face, certainly. It’s not that it’s wet when it goes on, it’s more…”slickery." Not in an oily way, but in a silicone-y way. I can immediately layer concealer over it, for instance. And a cream blush. Powder makes me *feel* more secure on days when I need to spackle it on, but I don’t *need* the powder. As to shininess, I disagree too (not shiny on me), but I speculate that my experience may be because of my paleness - colors and formulas just look and react differently in what is, essentially, the absence of much pigment.

CONCLUSION: Would I buy this in a vacuum, if I could find my shade in virtually any foundation? Unsure, because I have lots of formulaic wants, such as light reflection (this has none), and am always on the look for ‘better’ because my choices are so limited. And I don't default to drugstore makeup, however times have changed for me, and at $6-8, this is absolutely my drugstore HG foundation! So yes, I repurchase again…and again…and... continued >>