Stella McCartney Stella - Eau de Toilette

No Image

4.5

on 5/2/2017 11:25:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is okay, it's a pretty floral with a bit of a sharp note (you know I'm not good at these perfume descriptions lol). It's just not anything special to me. It reminds me of other fragrances and doesn't seem interesting enough. I prefer the EDP to this one by quite a bit. Would not repurchase.

on 4/26/2017 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was recommended to give this a try, being told that though it was different from the original Stella, it was nicer than the reformulation. Couldn't agree more. Even the original Stella EDP had a sharpness that I kind of had to grin and bear before it settled onto the skin. The EDT takes the notes of the original and blends them very beautifully and harmoniously.

On first spray it is clear sparkling citrus and smells quite strong. But it quickly settles down within 15 minutes or so and all the notes begin to come through, beginning as a dewy, green rose with sparkling lemon notes, then finally letting my beloved rose/amber carry it to the end. At no point, even at first spray, would I say that it's sharp or overbearing like the EDP was. One spray on my stomach and another spray on both my inner arms scented me so lightly that my partner has to get close to smell it. This is definitely something to wear for you/intimate situations, not to impress. Very polite.

I would kill for more sillage and lasting power, but I am so happy to have Stella back that I'll be forgiving. Price wasn't really bad either, 50ml gift set with two nail polishes for around 48 euro, so I don't feel too guilty about respraying when needed.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This fragrance is really nice. It's not necessarily unique, but it's a lovely fresh floral great for day time. My only complaint is that it really doesn't last long on the skin, even if i layer it over lotion. I bought the purse spray, I bought it on a whim and probably won't repurchase it solely because of the weak staying power. If I DO decide to repurchase i'll probably buy the eau de parfum rather than the eu de toilette just to see if it lasts longer.

I would totally recommend this to a fan of Daisy, or even Chloe, and definitely get the Eau De Parfum rather than the Eau de Toilette.

The price is pretty standard for a nice fragrance. Not cheap, but doable. I paid $21 for my purse spray, but the full size (3ish oz?) is less than $100.

on 8/3/2015 9:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Was browsing through the fragrances when a Sephora employee recommended this based on my preference for floral scents. I nearly died when I smelled this. This is HEAVENLY! It's everything I could ever want in a perfume. I picked up the purse spray as a quick fix since I still have a bottle of Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream to finish off but I have found my new signature scent. Wore this to work one day and had multiple people asking what I was wearing. The scent is wonderfully floral and bold but still light without being overpowering or powdery smelling. It has beautiful rose tones mixed with freesia and peonies with citrus undertones. It's beautifully feminine and I think fits a wide age range (not too sweet that it only fits younger people but not too mature smelling that young adults can't wear it). I find it lasts a really long time too. I spray it on my wrists and on my neck by my ears and sometimes once lightly on my shirt and I can still smell it after 8 hours of wear. A bit pricey (purse spray is $21, 1oz is $48, 1.6oz $68 and 3.3oz is $87) but I'm willing to pay for this amazing scent. Definitely going to have to be really impressed to switch from this scent.

Popular Fragrances