Clarins Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm

Clarins Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm

4.2

Paraffinum Liquidum, Diisotearyl Malate, Hydrogenated Styrene/isoprene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Butyrosperfum Parkii, Dipentaerythirityl Tetrahydroxystearate/Isostearate, Polyethylene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/capic Triglyceride, Squalane, Nylon-12, Irvingia Gabonensis, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Hydrogenated Coco-glycerides, Fragrance, Glyceryl Oleate, Oryzanol, Tribehenin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Arachis Hypogaea, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Cetyl Peg/ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Butylparaben, Citric Acid, Bht, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Linalool, Cutronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Eugenol, Ci 77491, Ci 77492

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I redeemed some SDM points to get this lip balm based on the raves from a favourite SA at my local SDM and while it does a great job of moisturizing my lips, something in the balm isn't agreeing with me.
After using this for almost 2 months, my top lip is becoming very dry and irritated and a bit painful.

Ever since I hit perimenopause, my skin has become very sensitive to a lot of things and it could be the fragrance in this balm. In any event, I'm going to stop using it with the hopes that my lips recover.
I have no problem with the Jack Black lip balms or plain Vaseline.

It is a rather expensive lip balm and if you don't mind spending the money and don't have sensitive lips, this is an option. I'll stick to my tried and true Jack Black and Vaseline.

on 11/30/2016 1:07:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Okay I bought this because I saw Lupita Nyong'o with it at the Oscars a few years ago, I know a terrible reason but I had Shoppers points to spend and I thought "why not?". It is a really nice product, crazy price at $25cad for a small tube but it is very moisturizing, has great shine and lasts a long time. The light blue tube (it's not in the white tube in the pic anymore) is very cute and I like the angled tip for application. The question is "is it worth $25 for a tube of lip balm?", I don't know but I like the product, will I repurchase? Maybe. I put it as a yes for now, I've spent more on lipbalms with a bit of colour in them (Bite) but it seems like a better deal when your balm doubles as a lipstick. Giving it a 4 (because the price is insane) and we'll see how it does during the Canadian winter.
Edit - so I have a cold now and can only breathe out of my mouth, my lips are painfully dry and this isn't helping. Nivea lip butter is working better. When I was using just the Clarins my lips were cracking and the balm would not last on them. So unfortunately I have to drop my rating down to 2.5 and will not repurchase. Can't afford to spend this amount on a balm that only works when my lips are in pretty good shape.

on 11/21/2016 1:58:00 PM

Makes lips feel silky, but the moisturizing effect isn't very good. I have dry, chapped lips, which are at their worst during autumn and winter. My love for lipsticks only worsens the problem. The formula of this lip balm is lovely. It's a liquid that contains shea butter. The scent is really refreshing, kind of like shea mixed with roses. After applying it, my lips feel soft and look glossy, like I had just put colorless lip gloss on.

However, the nourishing feeling doesn't last very long. Pretty quickly my lips start to feel dry and I need to reapply. If I drink or eat, the lip balm wears quickly off. I also think that the hydrating effect is pretty superficial, because it does nothing to my lips if I have flakes on them. The lip balm just sits on top of my lips, like a layer.

In my opinion, this lip balm is highly overpriced ($24.00). Jack Black is similar in texture, but much cheaper and much more hydrating.

on 4/22/2016 12:37:00 PM

WOW. Simply wow. I'm currently on Accutane so I need extra moisture on my lips. Seeing as I'm sick of using the typical Aquaphor/Vaseline combo, I decided to purchase a lipbalm that would smell pleasant and give some color.
This product moisturizes my lips very nicely (obviously not as much as Aquaphor, but I didn't expect it to). Also, the SMELL: it's so light and reassuring. Lastly, it looks like lip gloss, which is exactly what I was looking for. For around $25 CAD, this product is well worth it.

p.s. the tube is now blue and no longer the medical looking boring white.

on 11/12/2015 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is the best lip balm I have ever tried and I never use anything but this. It really moisturizes lips. It has just the right consistency: not too liquidy or gloopy, and not too waxy. I hate those twist-up waxy lip balms that just feel like you've got candle wax on. I try to buy this lip balm in France, especially at the airport duty free where it is much cheaper than in the States. Example: In the US, this retails at around $24. In the Paris airport duty free, it's 12 Euros! At Sephora in Paris it's around 15 to 16 Euros. I once got 5 of this lip balm at the Charles de Gaulle Airport - I cleaned out their stock!

This is a great lip balm that actually make your lips better over time. I've tried a lot of lip balms that work in the moment, but don't do anything to make my lip texture and moisture levels better in the long run - this does! After only a few days my lips are smoother and there's no cracking dead skin.

The consistency of the product is different from what I'm used to. It feels kind of like a lip gloss - though it's not sticky. It sinks into my lips, while at the same time covering them and it stays on a long time. It has a rose-y scent, but it's not too strong.

The price is pretty stiff, but I think it's worth it because as of now it's the only lip balm that actually does its job for me.

on 1/10/2014 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Nothing special. I have very dry lips, so I tried this due to good reviews. Is ok, but certainly not a miracle worker. Does the same job of any drugstore lip balm.

on 11/11/2013 1:34:00 PM

I don't like using lip balms cos they r sticky and feels so uncomfy on the lips. However there r times when lack of water, traveling in different countries etc causes the lips to start cracking (which feels absolutely miserable). So I decided to try it after a friend's recommendation.

This lip balm works immediately when it is put on my lips.. And it smells amazing!!!

I will only ONLY use this lip balm <3

on 4/17/2013 10:23:00 AM

definitely one of the best lipbalm i've ever used.. must try!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have very very dry and chapped lips all the time. When I was buying other Clarins products, the SA recommend me this lipbalm which she claimed really feel nice on lips because she herself was using it. Well, I tend to believe experience-based recommendation and I was almost running out of lipbalm at that time so I bought it.
In daytime, it doesn't create lips-changing effect, but after I drink/eat, I still can feel the moisturizer stays for a while. I like my Banana Boat SPF 30 better.
Good thing is: I found that when I applied it generously at night, I'll wake up seeing the "lips dead skin" are ready to be wiped, revealing brand new, healty-look lips.
I'm not sure if I'll buy it again, but I do recommend it for night use.

Popular Lip Treatments