Coty Mad Potion by Katy Perry

Coty Mad Potion by Katy Perry

3.1

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I surprisingly love this product, it is definitely a cheap thrill. I adore vanilla scents and this is a very nice vanilla with juicy apple peeking through in the background.

This is not a sophisticated scent by any means, and the inexpensive price point and bottle reflects that. I think I got it at Burlington for $6.99 for a small bottle. I find I reach for it often because it isn't cloying or offensive at work! It has a lighter scent throw, which I don't mind for daily use. I suggest this if you enjoy vanilla fragrances, it reminds me a lot of BBW warm vanilla sugar with a twist of fruit in there. I will rebuy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I once found a packet of vanilla wine biscuits that had gone stale that been hiding in the back of my cupboard for a few of years. All the flavour had gone and it was like what a shame! Well, Mad Potion is exactly like those stale biscuits. A vague scent of vanilla, caramel and cardboard. I think of it as a fake watered down alcoholic scent that you'd expect for $1 from a car boot sale.

Also, longevity is terrible, I put 5 sprays and it was gone in 10 minutes. My Mum sniffed my wrist and summed it up as, "why would you bother?" Overall, it might be worth buying for a childs perfume but only if it was heavily reduced.

Top Notes - vanilla orchid, peony, apple musk
Heart Notes - bourbon vanilla, jasmine, soft musk
Base Notes - vanilla, amber, musk

on 3/22/2016 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this!!!

This was a blind buy for me and OMG its simply vanilla heaven for me!!!!

This smells like a vanilla cupcake to me with hints of a touch of floral.

Sillage & longevity are both moderate for me.

Definitely will be a repeat buy for me!!<3

Wait..........where have I smelt this before? This just a touch too generic for me. It smells too similar to a dozen other vanilla based gourmands. It's rather pretty but very linear on me. I can really only smell vanilla and a little bit of musk, possibly the slightest hint of jasmine at the beginning, but a very cleaned up jasmine.

It also has very poor longevity on me - less than an hour. Luckily I was given a decant of this and didn't purchase it because I've had better longevity from el cheapo Impulse body sprays. If I want to do a very basic vanilla/musk style fragrance I'll just purchase cheap fragrance oil off Ebay or Etsy.

This will appeal to a lot of people because even though it is basically a vanilla gourmand, it's not too cloyingly sweet. I just want more oomph from my fragrances. more complexity and better longevity.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Mad Potion is heavy on the boozy vanilla while at the same time wrapped in a clean musk. This is a familiar, comfort fragrance. It's quite pleasant, one I could see myself reaching for often. There is a powder presence, wrapped in clean, white, fresh musk, but really the star of Mad Potion is the strong, almost cloying vanilla. You must enjoy gourmands to wear this one, and I do. I almost sense a chocolate, but it's not listed in the notes, so I'll have to attribute that to the Bourbon Vanilla. Bourbon Vanilla brings a much richer tone to a perfume, and in this case, it works its wonders. Think decadent vanilla, rich, thick and almost overbearing the other notes. After 4 hours, Mad Potion was still hitting the strong mark in sillage and it's longevity is even longer. This should be perfect for crisp weather in the Fall, and definitely watching the snow. I've enjoyed every perfume from this line so far, no complaints.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this perfume! I feel it is very spunky kind of smell which represents Katy Perry quite well. It's an every-day kind of scent ad I have had many compliments when wearing this scent, my boyfriend also likes it and it is a definate would buy again scent for work, school whenever and where-ever. It is not too strong and does not take over which is a very good quality about it, it is not overpowering. I love this perfume!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i was excited to try this perfume because of the notes. i like sweet gourmande notes...unfortunately this smelled cheap. like when i was 14 and would buy vanilla perfume at the drugstore. its one dimensional and the vanilla isnt a warm scent, it smells fake and like alcohol. the scent lasted less than 10 minutes on my skin; i get better lasting results from body spray at bath and body works. for the price, youre getting ripped off. the bottles tacky; makes the other katy perry bottles look expensive and classy. what a disappointment.

I absolutely love perfume in general but tend to have issues wearing it as a result of allergies. My favourite perfumes are sweet and can't be overly strong. I find this perfume fits the bill. It's sweet and warm and just a little powdery. I really like the combination and the fact that it isn't overpowering is a good thing for me. I don't really get any florals from it but I can definitely smell the sweet vanilla, a little musk and a little powder. I personally really enjoy it and find that while it does die down throughout the day, I can still smell it when I go to bed. I'm enjoying it and would buy it again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

Mad Potion is a uncomplex mix of vanilla and musk from top to bottom with a splash of sweet apple in the opening. Sometimes I think I can make out some kind of powdered floral-type notes in the heart, but these notes are too faint for me to be able to identify, and they fade quickly back into the vanilla/musk mix. The soft sprinkle of florals in the heart are followed by sandalwood as the fragrance dries down. As I mentioned above; the longevity is poor - within two hours of application I can't smell anything.

Official scent notes: vanilla orchid, peony, apple musk, Borbon vanilla, jasmine petals, soft musk, vanilla, amber and sexy musk.

I wanted to write a detailed review here, but I can't as Mad Potion is just flat and rather simple. Honestly, Victoria's Secret body spritzes are more complex (and longer lasting) then this. I can't stress how strong the vanilla and musk there is here - it smacks me in the face and overpowers my nose. I'm a girly girl at heart and enjoy sweeter fragrances, but this offers nothing even slightly different and new - its not a "yuck, get it off me" fragrance or anything, it's just very, very boring.

Popular Fragrances