3.7

price range

Reviews

2.0

2 years ago

I would not recommend this product. Whilst it does a good job of exfoliating, and feels pleasant on the skin, it is also extremely irritating and made my skin puff up and go red (not what I had in mind.) People with sensitive skin - be aware that this may not be kind to your skin!

About reviewer (83 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

2 years ago

I love this product! About two years ago I started suffering from horrible acne due to my medications. I had been through so many cleansers and remedies, from high end to low end, Dermalogica to St.Ives, you name it. I was desperate. I have very oily skin and am very fair. I started using this product and my acne almost immediatly went down by a good 50%, and my skin became significantly less oily. I use it once in the morning and once at night. I am now thankfully off of the meds that caused this problem but I still religiously use this cleanser because of how well it fights off small pimples and keep my oil at bay! I love the price and I can find the cleanser anywhere! If you struggle with oily skin, acne, and don’t want to waste your money on pricey and ineffective cleansers, try this one! It is the only cleanser that tames my skin!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

3.0
from

2 years ago

The more I used this, the more I started to dislike it. Over time I found the small beads annoying and kind of hard to wash away. This seemed to dry out my skin a bit but didn't really do much else. Will not repurchase. However this might work for someone else and the price is good.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

3.0

2 years ago

I wanted to like this. I just never saw any results while using it. This would probably be better suited to someone who has "textbook" acne, because I don't have "acne" per se, just a lot of blackheads, easily clogged pores, and small under-the-skin bumps on my T-zone, especially my forehead -- but I don't have red, inflamed or cystic type acne. I'm pretty sure this product is designed for that. I thought the charcoal or sal. acid in this would be helpful for my issues too, but I don't think so. Not a bad product, and it seems to work for others, but not for me.

About reviewer (55 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

4 years ago

I tried this and loved it; it almost completely and consistently cleared my acne (hormonal). Being my curious self however, I went astray and tried a few other face washes in hopes of finding something even better, but I always ended up coming back to this. It is the only face wash I've found that can nearly 100% manage my trouble skin. Works even better with the Yes To Tomatoes Toner. The consistency is a bit odd (slippery and gel-like) and can slip out of your hands, but if you carefully work a small amount into your hands it's no problem. A bit pricey if you're used to your other drugstore cleansers but so worth it. The bottle lasts me over a month as a little bit goes a very long way.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

4 years ago

I liked this, it didn't make me break out or anything. However, I generally dislike exfoliating cleansers for every day use because I find the beads annoying. I did use this for about 3 weeks straight and I like the carrots cream cleanser better. I feel a tad more oily with this one, although it's not bad. So because of that and the beads, I will continue to repurchase the carrots cleanser instead.

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

4 years ago

What attracted this cleanser to me was the charcoal aspect. I like how it exfoliates and cleanses at the same time. The smell is HEAVENLY!!! I took off 1 star only because I did break out in the morning on one spot on my chin after using it for the first time. I don't blame the product though as I've been traveling across the country and stressed out from the holidays. I think I just need more time to get used to the cleanser but so far I'm super happy with it. My pores are smaller from using it and my skin feels super fresh and plump. I love the brand and think it's a great, good priced product.

About reviewer (132 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2.0

4 years ago

I bought this at Target a few weeks ago to try it out for fun to see how it is but after using it for a few weeks this product made me breakout.... So not a fan...Also, it is quite messy...

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

4 years ago

Took a chance on this, when I found it at Ulta for $9.99. Glad I did!! Amazing. Cleared up a few spots basically overnight. Also great oil control. Smell is heavenly!! My new holy grail!!

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairOther

5 years ago

Since I got the Detoxifying Charcoal Cleanser from the Tomatoes Collection by Yes To, it's been the only product I use to wash my skin. It's for oily or acne prone skin & is marketed towards people with adult acne, seems like. This is 97% natural & that's always a plus in my opinion. I like organic ingredients! The very first time ever I cleansed my face, I noticed that it's surprisingly non-drying. I'm just so used to the surface of my skin being stripped after I wash it & it feeling dry, tight, & sensitive. That feeling wasn't nearly as bad with this. This cleanser works with ingredients like charcoal powder, tomato, jojoba, & salicylic acid. Its ingredients treat acne & balance oil production. First & foremost, I consider this a cleanser & exfoliator - not a product that treats or prevents acne. I use it to get its charcoal benefits; otherwise, it's used as a basic cleanser to remove dirt, oil, & other impurities off my face before I go to sleep. My skin doesn't take too kindly to any form of exfoliation, but this product surprised me. My skin is just lightly exfoliated with these jojoba balls, which are non-comedogenic. As expected, my skin was red & a little puffy but it wasn't at all raw or painful. The exfoliation brightens my skin & makes me look healthier. Their charcoal is the best for getting rid of blackheads. I got fast results. Various tomato extracts are anti-inflammatory; I got a few good results. My pores aren't clogged & my skin isn't any more broken out than it usually is, but the fruits acids have not made a difference in controlling oil. I haven't seen any improvement in the appearance of dark spots yet. Pumpkin is good for oily skin, & it brightens & smooths the skin. So far, my skin is looking brighter & healthier. The salicylic acid hasn't given me results, which doesn't surprise me. I don't mean to insinuate this is product does not work! I have adult acne, & I've had problems with my skin since I was 13 or 14... not even prescription medicine helped. Salicylic acid is typically an effective exfoliant & anti-irritant; that's why it is an acne medication that treats, & then prevents future blemishes. The active ingredient is salicylic acid 1%. Unless it's professional or prescription, over-the-counter acne treatments are 0.5% -2% concentrations of salicylic acid, so that 1% is kind of low for what's treating adult acne. Special note: The reason I reviewed this product as a cleanser / exfoliator & not acne treatment is because I won't, especially willingly & knowingly, hold the company accountable for my bad skin. I know for a fact the issue is much more likely my individual skin & not a product that doesn't work. I suffer from adult acne; for those who don't know, acne in adulthood isn't the same as teenage/pubescent blemishes. It's a lot harder to treat & over-the-counter treatments usually don't work. My point is it's not right of me to claim this is ineffective when I know my skin is bad. Ever since I was 13 or 14, I've had acne that nothing - not even prescription medicine - could treat. My skin is awful. It doesn't respond to anything, or is too sensitive to everything. It's one extreme or the other...no middle ground.

About reviewer (362 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium Brown, Warm