4.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 days ago

I got this in the shade committed. It is a warm nude pink colour. This dries very matte and does NOT glue your lips together. It smells great like sweet mint. This lasts a decent amount of time but does need to be reapplied after eating a meal. The only thing that bothers me is the regular doe foot applicator. I much prefer the newer, flatter applicators that provide more precision when applying an opaque, hard to remove product like this.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

8 months ago

PROS: • No transfer • Don't dry down to a darker shade than in the tube • Long wearing, no smudging/fading • Even pigmentation, not patchy • Doesn't get crumbly • Pretty comfortable • Not sticky • Pleasant scent • Layers well CONS: • Limited color range Overall, 9/10. I have the shade Trustworthy.

About reviewer (196 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

EyesGreen

a year ago

theBalm had a flash BOGO Free sale so I jumped on the chance. I'm infallibly in love with their Mary Loumanizer and have been dedicated to it for over 8 years, yet I hadn't tried any of their other products! Lots of shades were sold out but I got my hands on Sincere (a sophisticated pink-brown nude) and Dedication (a berry red). When I first applied these - wow - I really like the mintyness!!! Most lip products tend to have vanilla or notes of some dessert, but I find these smells too nauseating to wear after 5 minutes. The mintyness goes away after applying, but that was such an experience. That alone makes me want to get more lippies and especially in shades that were previously sold out. Everyone buys liquid matte lipstick for its long-wearability and performance, and this performs BEAUTIFULLY. I wore Dedication out to date night, and though reds have a streak to somehow get on your teeth, it NEVER transferred to my teeth. Same with Sincere. The only lip makeup transfer that happened was if the lipstick came in contact with food - on a fork, on a straw - but never my teeth. Smile all you want, ladies! Another thing - the formula didn't feel drying and didn't flake. I used to love my Milani Amore Mattes until I realized how horribly they flaked and transferred after a few hours, which led me to consider buying these lipsticks from theBalm. The formula is very comfortable and featherlight, I forgot I was wearing lipstick except for when I saw the traces left on my dinnerware. Definitely, definitely recommend.

About reviewer (194 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

a year ago

I always interested with any product that can color my lips. I have a lot of liquid lipstick, so far I like this product. These are some of the reason: I am concerned about the smell, this product smells nice and fresh. Somehow minty and reminds me of a cookie batter. Just like other liquid lipstick, the color stays quite well. It did dried my lips a little. Right now I only have the shade of Sincere. the color is nice and pigmented. The color spread equally so no patch pigment spot. In addition, this lip liquid is not sticky to your lips. On the other side, I found the applicator to be okay, it is useful to apply with- but I prefer using lip brush since I want the color to be not prominent. The applicator make a heavy amount of liquid to your lips which I do not prefer. Also, the color transfer a little. Overall, I am happy with this product since it does not crack my dry lips ( I found this to be my priority in choosing lipstick etc.), the color is fine, smells good and has little transfer. Always use a lip balm before apply the liquid lipstick. This will help to keep moist of your lips. After that wait for 10 seconds and blot with a tissue.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

2 years ago

Not really big fan of these lippies, formula is very inconsistent. I used to own Adoring (deep red) & Sincere (mauvish nude). My experience with Adoring was very stressful. The color was really patchy, the wand is not suitable for drawing fine lines which is necessary for the darker colors & formula was quite dry means not a lot of product was coming out after each dip. Overall result was very dry looking lips. Had more luck with Sincere, formula went really smoothly, the color is very pretty, stays fair amount of time BUT if you'll need to reapply it make sure you wipe the first one first and then apply again. Otherwise it will crack and look nasty. Pros: good pricing; nice choice of colors; loved the minty scent So-so: packaging is quite messy, product sometimes overflow & the wand is not very convenient for darker colors; drying but still reasonable for the liquid lipstick Cons: non-consistent formula; cracks if reapplied

About reviewer (143 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

EyesGray

2 years ago

I have it in shade Adoring.It’s gorgeous dark red but the applicator is worthless.Seriously the worst one I ever ever used in any product.It’s impossible for me to make a nice line.It’s too long,too shaky,fabric on top of applicator is not straight and messes up everything. And I do not consider myself clumsy since this is first time in my life I have this issue.I can’t give it more than 3 really since I have to use a brush everytime and wash the brush and I can’t reapply it outside without having a brush and so on.It’s a nice shade but it’s not unique to be worth for me all the trouble getting it on the lips.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive

HairBrunette

EyesBlack

2 years ago

By far some of the most comfortable liquid lipsticks I own. I got the sample set from Kohl’s and fell in love. They go on smooth, don’t suck all the moisture out of my lips, and they don’t crumble or flake. They aren’t transfer resistant but they have great staying power. Reapplying isn’t a total nightmare either and I do like the minty scent. I’ve since purchased the full size in the shade “Charming” and plan to keep these in my stash. Highly recommend!!

About reviewer (299 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

2.0

2 years ago

I bought thebalm liquid lipsticks after watching stephanie nicole's youtube video a year ago and I really wanted to like them. All the shades i own: committed, honest and loyal look great at first then start fading from the inner lips after drinking (from 3-hour mark) then comes the flaking (after eating). I can reapply the inner line but still the lasting power degrades significantly over time. I can write this because today I wore loyal (true red) for a whole day from 9am to 8pm. The lipstick is on my lips during that time period, yes, but it did not look good with all the cracking and fading. I also noticed there were a bit of color bleeding around my chin and in the corner of my mouth which is really not a good look when wearing a bold red lips (although this may be due to my foundation). I will be throwing out all of my thebalm liquid lipsticks and wont be purchasing again. Side note: I tried Wet'n'Wild's liquid lipsticks and I think they are very similar to thebalm's in terms of shade and quality. The shade 'honest' from theBalm is the same shade as 'coral corruption' from wetnwild. Quality-wise both products go under 'would not be purchasing again' file.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrown

2 years ago

This is my FAVORITE matte liquid lipstick! I have dry lip and I always stay away from all MATTE lipstick (even before the hit of liquid lipstick came out). Yet because of the hype of liquid lipstick surrounding me, plus I found many great reviews of "Meet Matte Hughes" (and their retro-design packaging caught my attention as well), I decided to give it a try with their mini set vol. 1. Since then, I fell in love with it. The formula is so nice! It doesn't dry down my lip, it nourishes but as well as giving a natural matte-finished look. It's the MOST comfortable matte liquid lipstick I have ever put on! I would recommend to EVERYONE especially those who have dry lip like I do. My favorite go-to shade is "Sincere", "Reliable", and "Committed".

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

EyesBlack

2 years ago

These lipstick are very meh for me. The pigment is good, they apply well. But some shades tend to pill up on my lips, and they aren't entirely transfer proof. I don't hate them, they are a decent lip and comfortable to wear. Just not my favorite.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium