3.8

price range

Reviews

1.0

4 months ago

The shimmer is a bit excessive for my taste personally but to each their own. I did like that it was lightweight and a little does go a long way. The packaging is also durable.

About reviewer (135 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

9 months ago

Firstly, Everyone is so stuck on the Poreless Putty Primer, my least favorite from ELF, that they don't even realize how many primers that ELF has to offer that are wayyy better IMO. This Illuminating Primer comes in a Pump and a very little goes a very long way. I do love how this leaves just a tint of Shimmer/Glow to the face. The product is a bit on the oily side which I like because I believe it soaks into the pores better but you can easily soak that up and tame it down with any powder. I totally recommend this Primer and all of them to be exact. The price point is so great, you can purchase several different ones without breaking the bank! ELF IS COMING IN HARD WITH THEIR PRIMER LINE AND IT IS DARN RIGHT FANTASTIC!

About reviewer (110 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I am not having an issue with shinmerclike everyone else, yes it's there but i don't notice it on my face. I think it makes makeup look amazing.

About reviewer (511 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

3 years ago

This is deceptive. The packaging is 0.5oz for $6USD. So most products are 1.0oz. So you are paying $12 for 1oz on par w L'Oréal or Physicians Formula, more expensive than Rimmel, Maybelline or CoverGirl Outlast. The bottle feels substantial & has a nice hygienic pump. So I feel gypped paying $6 for 0.5oz they don't need to make the bottle look bigger than it is. ELF is cruelty free which is awesome. Easily available at the DS's that sells ELF. I don't find the shimmers bad. I think this is a dupe for becca backlit primer in fact! I don't mind an OTT appearance I don't work a job where I have to stay conservative i can wear blue lipstick if I wanted to. I tone this down a notch w fdtn & MAC Prep + Prime powder. This is my fave elf primer. Prob my fave DS primer but it isn't always available at Kroger but other stores yes but I don't go to many other DS besides Kroger. That can be annoying. I will totes rebuy! Even if it is expensive. Sheeeewww it's a good product if you like dramatic makeup I don't care if I sparkle all the way across the galaxy we put on becca or abh glow kit & don't complain but nobody likes this because it's glowy. Idk. 1 of the great mysteries of the universe =]

About reviewer (2417 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

3.0

3 years ago

There is a ridiculous amount of glitter in here. It's super blendable and feels like silk, but I would only use this as a highlighter rather than all over my face.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

3 years ago

Adds a glow without making my face look like a disco ball! Keeps my makeup on all day (8+ hours) and prevents my foundation from creasing. For the price, it's a steal!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinNormal, Tan

HairBlack

4 years ago

Really nice mineral infused face primer, really helped my foundation stay on and didn't make my face crinkle/dry up.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

4 years ago

I like this product. I'm not a primer kind of gal - only use it if I get a free sample from Sephora. But I do like to "glow" so the "illuminating" aspect was why I purchased this primer. Yes, you will most likely have to use a light hand so as not to shimmer. But for some reason, my makeup just looks.....better. Hope this is not a temporary thing as I've only been using about a week.

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinDry, Other, Not Sure

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

3.0
from

4 years ago

I was on the fence about this one but finally came down on the "doesn't work for me" side. I wanted a very lightweight liquid to mix with my CC cream in order to lighten my CC's shade slightly and make it a bit less matte. This fit the bill nicely in that just half a pump was perfect to mix with a small amount of CC to make the resulting shade fit my pale, warm skin better and it added some sparkle to counterbalance the matte effect. The color was warm and light with I would guess a universally flattering shade. The consistency of this primer is thin and very lightweight and it made the blended liquid product feel as though it was gliding over my skin, instead of soaking into it, which I liked. A very small amount was enough to make the difference, so the bottle would have lasted quite a while had I decided to keep using it. Further, the only ingredient in it that registered any red numbers on COSdna for irritation or acne (both concerns of mine) was dimethicone, which ranked a measly 1. It did not irritate my sensitive skin nor cause my acne-prone chin to flare up. Would not recommend though for those with very dry or broken out skin, as this tends to build/grab onto those areas and highlight them in an unflattering way. However, the problem with this it that it is very shimmery. It is like the liquid version of their gold bronzer powder compact. Pretty in small doses but you just can't put it all over your face without looking like you're headed to the club or reminding someone a bit of C3PO. It creates an all over gold glitter effect, which, while pretty, is hardly natural looking, let alone publicly appropriate for daily life. Blending it with my CC and also topping with powder blush and bronzer did tone down (cover) the glitter/shimmer a good bit but not enough. Use just a bit too much and it is overkill. Use the right amount and you've still got a sparkly face. As I'm a teacher and about to turn 30, I can't play that way and need something for "luminous skin" that is more subtle dewiness and less Cleopatra glamour. At $6 and with a nice formula, if you're looking for a lightweight shimmer liquid for something, this is a dream. The pump bottle is sanitary, efficient, and nice-looking. But in the end, it's built for living Las Vegas, not for ordinary life. Note: I believe this is the brand's formerly labeled Mineral Face Primer in "Radiant Glow" but newly renamed.

About reviewer (681 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm