3.2

$56.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

4 years ago

Yuk! While applying I got so excited for this foundation. I needed only two drops to get full coverage. Soon after applying, I felt it transferred like crazy! It is such a disgusting feeling to worry about leaving orange spots everytime you slightly touch your face. But ok, I gave it a try. Well, after only two hours of wear there was no sign of the foundation but out of the blue there were dry spots all over my face. Disgusting! I felt so shabby all day and I have never been happier that it was 18 hrs and I could go home. I literally ran to my sink to wash this bad stuff off. So happy I got a sample, I would advice that to anyone.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive

HairBrown

EyesGreen

3.0

4 years ago

This foundation is great if you're looking for very full coverage -- it has as much coverage as Estee Lauder Double Wear, if not more. However, like ELDW, it gets flaky on dry patches, and the more you apply, the more unnatural it looks. The lighter shades run VERY yellow -- I have light skin with pink/neutral undertones, and while Bisque Light seemed to have neutral undertones, it was too light for me, and Bisque Medium, which is supposed to be neutral, was definitely on the yellow side, and Bisque Neutral was comically yellow. Beige Light, the next shade up from Bisque Light that is supposed to have pink undertones, was way darker than Bisque Light. The wand design is very very messy, and the foundation is quite hard to remove from the skin -- after both washing my face and using cleanser pads, there was still residue left. Verdict: I'd recommend ELDW over this foundation, unless you can't find a good shade in ELDW and have strong yellow undertones.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

EyesOther

4 years ago

this is my Holy Grail foundation. I'm obsessed. the consistency. the finish. the coverage. EVERYTHING I love about this. worth the $55 entirely. no doubt. I have combo skin and this lasts alllllll day for me with or without primer. and you barely need a tiny tiny tiny bit to cover your whole face. ugh. so perfect.

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3.0

4 years ago

got a sample bottle at sephora. I'm a full coverage type of gal. My friend talked me tinto getting it. The coverage was fine but staying power was terrible! It made my skin soo soo dry!! It wasn't very clean and streaked a lot!!

About reviewer (66 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium Brown

HairBrunette

4 years ago

<object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/3hXm3xhZI2w"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/3hXm3xhZI2w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

EyesOther

4 years ago

This new &quot;gel pigment&quot; foundation, at $55 for 22ml (0.75 oz) disappoints. Packaging looks like a pump but it isn't. A round plastic snap covers a screw-on lid with a plastic spatula attached on lid's inside. Easy to contaminate or oxidize the product. Color mis-match was my fault as I ordered online &amp; chose Bisque Light 22, described as &quot;fair w/pink undertones.&quot; It's a bit dark but far too yellow. My normal color matches: GA Luminous Silk 3.75; Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua 12 Beige Rose; Nars - mix of Montblanc &amp; Deauville; 1/2 drop of Cover/FX P20 in untinted sunscreen. Ingredients:-Lecithin: Biochemically similar to skin to help the foundation blend evenly across the complexion. -Sunflower, Acacia, and Jojoba: Emollient plant extracts that help the foundation blend evenly across the complexion. -Patented Golden Mica: A pigment that gives skin soft-focus perfection. Bis-hydroxytethoxypropyl Dimethicone, Ethyl Trisiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Isododecane, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Jojoba Esters, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Mica, Silica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Helianthus Annuus Seed Cera/Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Alcohol, Water, Acacia Decurrens Flower Cera/Acacia Decurrens Flower Wax, Polyglycerin-3, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 774912, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891). This isn't the greatest formula for my combo skin with enlarged pores. It definitely works best with a buffing foundation brush but the formula is better for dry-normal skins. There is one pink-based color lighter than 22 but I don't like the formula well enough to exchange &amp; will return it.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairSilver, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

4 years ago

Bought mine in 33 Beige. For ref i'm a MAC NC 35. The MJ shade is a little too yellow on me at the moment (winter skin) so I use the brightening drops from The Body Shop to slightly adjust and I get the perfect shade for my current skin tone! This foundation is pretty full coverage (a little goes a long way) However it can be sheered with some buffing which is what I do. I then pat a little extra where I need it if I need it. The foundation also dries down matte. I like matte foundations so that's a good thing for me. I typically have oily combo skin and have used this product when my skin has been in both phases and have been pleased each time. However, I will point out, if you are an oily girl take it easy on the amount of product you use because it is a full coverage foundation and can will lay on the skin, over the day you will begin to see the cake. NO ONE needs to see the cake!! Less is more. As I said it's full coverage so you really don't need that much! The price of this bad boy is a little up there BUT I can see this bottle lasting forever even if you use it daily (in moderation). I would totally repurchase this foundation!

About reviewer (198 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Other

4 years ago

This is the most expensive foundation I've purchased and I have mixed feelings about this one. First of all, this is a true full coverage foundation (you only need 1-2 &quot;droplets&quot; at most). It doesn't feel like you have any product on your skin and it's best applied with a flat top buffing brush rather than a damp beauty blender in my opinion. It has a matte finish and it covers most acne scars/ discoloration on your skin. What's not to love about a product that needs a small amount to cover your face? What I don't love about this product is how it clings onto dry patches/acne on my skin. If your skin has an uneven texture or it's flaky, the foundation will cling onto those areas and it does stand out. I have to exfoliate and moisturize/prime my skin really well before applying this foundation on. However I don't like how this foundation looks on my skin in natural daylight because it's so full coverage and very obvious that I'm wearing foundation. Furthermore, I don't like the applicator or packaging. It does not come with a pump or dropper. Instead when you twist the top open, there's a small metal wand with a tiny ball at the end. The product is dispensed by the foundation rolling off from the metal ball as a drop. It seemed strange to me at first, but it makes sense since you really don't need much product to work with. As an oily skinned gal, I admit this foundation has a good lasting power. Without a primer or powder, the foundation creased and slide within 4-5 hours. With a primer and powder, the foundation wear extended to 7-8 hours. Even when I blot my face, the foundation did not shift on my skin. And this foundation is one of the few that does not break me out. Overall this foundation is a hit or miss. I like how it makes my skin look flawless and airbrushed in photos as well as the coverage hides my hyper pigmentation superbly. But I don't like to use this foundation every day for my daily makeup routine because I like my skin to look more natural and glowy. If you're looking for a full coverage, but lightweight foundation and you don't have so many dry patches then this might be the foundation for you. On the other hand, I won't be repurchasing this because of the hefty price tag and it will last me a long time. Pros: - a true full coverage foundation - feels lightweight or barely there on the face - product will last you a while - easy to blend - stays intact on the skin all day - no heavy fragrance - it stays matte Cons: - clings onto to dry patches/ bumps on skin - not the most natural looking foundation - Pricy ($55 USD and not including tax) - packaging makes it kind of messy to work with

About reviewer (78 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

Holy grail. I live in a tropical climate with lots of air con and sun. My shade is #52 Honey light. It has the perfect amount of yellow and suits my NC42 asian skin tone perfectly. This foundation holds up for up to 9 hours and have the best full coverage of all the foundations I own. I own Estee lauder double wear too, but that one feels and looks way more mask-like than this. What I like most about the product is that you need the tiniest amount, literally 2 dots, for covering your entire face (I never put foundation on my forehead, cause it's darker and doesn't need coverage). Be careful with how you use it. If you use too much you can look cakey. The consistency is a like a liquidy cream, it's very easy to blend and never feels heavy on the skin. I find that blending it with a flat top foundation brush gives the best result, but you can use your hands for sure as well. Your skin looks matte and there's no need for concealer. I think it would suit all skin types. I have normal/dry skin and spray some primer on my face before, and that works like a charm together with the foundation. I would recommend people to hydrate before using this since It can be drying. It can be hard to see how much product is left cause it comes in a blurred glass container. The &quot;applicator&quot; is a plastic wand with a round end. This end is used to &quot;dot&quot; your face with. The bottle can be a bit messy, but just try to be careful with it and it should be fine. It is an expensive foundation, but since you use so little every time it will last you for forever.

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Warm

HairBrown, Relaxed, Coarse

4 years ago

This is so bad! Separates and rolls all over the face. Packaging awful. Avoid!

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium