Smashbox CAMERA READY BB WATER BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30

Smashbox CAMERA READY BB WATER BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 5, Titanium Dioxide 3.1, Zinc Oxide 2.1, Inactive Ingredients: Water\Aqua\Eau, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Silylate, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Polysilicone-11, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lecithin, Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon) Fruit Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Sodium PCA, Methicone, Triethyl Citrate, Thermus Thermophillus Ferment, Laureth-7, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Dextrin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sodium Lactate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Zinc Stearate, Litchi Chinensis Seed Extract, Polyglutamic Acid, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499)]

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Skin type: combination to oily, currently t zone area only oily and rest of face pretty dry because of a medication I’m taking. And I wear glasses with foundation on too.

Final verdict after wearing it throughout the day running back and forth and sweating a whole lot:

It doesn’t make me more oily than normal, but it doesn’t curb the oiliness either. Granted it’s not meant to. (Keep in mind I did use the smashbox pore miniz primer and powdered after foundation)

However sadly it stuck to all the dry patches on my face. And I have quite a few spread out because of the medication I’m taking that sucks all moisture out of my face.

I have no problem with it breaking apart and looking horrible on my face. It kind of seamlessly fades away but doesn’t leave obvious patches of lost foundation.

Price is quite hefty, tho I will still use until it’s finish, probably won’t repurchase.

on 6/1/2017 10:31:00 PM

After using CoverFx Natural Finish Foundation (no longer available in my town), I was on the prowl for a light coverage foundation. This was recommended by the lady at Shopper's Drug Mart.

It is definitely thinner, hence BB Water, and has a light coverage I was looking for. Covers my redness and evens out my skin tone without feeling heavy. This usually lasts about 8 hours on my combination skin, sometimes I use a powder (NYX Matte But Not Flat) to add more coverage. This is a buildable foundation that will easily layer... I use a foundation brush (Lise Watier Foundation Brush).

The dropper is a bit strange to get used to but use two hands when pumping... too expensive to spill.

on 2/2/2017 2:13:00 PM

Picked this up in "Light" from a local makeup boutique. As I'm now in my 40s, I prefer lighter foundation textures on my skin that provide a hint of coverage over reddish areas of my face.

Texture of this foundation is watery as implied in the name, and users control it through pressing a button on the foundation's top, which pushes the cream through a stopper. I either use my fingers or a Beautyblender to put the water on my face. Texture ranges from light to light medium depending on how much one layers on one's face.

"Light" would work well on NW 15-20, fair skin tones.

Cost is $42, and this has lasted me more than 6 months with daily use.

on 10/6/2016 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I'm as pale as pale gets and I got his in "FAIR". Matches pretty well, a little too tan for me, but not noticeable to anyone else.
Love that this has SPF so I don't have to wear sunscreen underneath. This blends very well, doesn't streak, and is a nice balance between matte and satin finish. Only thing I dislike is that it's pretty bad about settling in my laugh lines, even with primer and setting spray. Overall, the product is a solid 4.
BUT, and this is a huge but, the packaging is godawful. It comes with this weird wand that you have to push down on its head and stick into the product, then release the head to suck up product, then release again to release it onto your hand. So weird, and the syphon keeps becoming unattached to the head so I have to push it back in, getting my fingers covered in foundation. Ugh. Won't repurchase because of this.

on 2/19/2017 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

the texture is fine and i could stand to buy it again but it sticks to dry patches! can work with it after exfoliating but not ideal. very buildable, more buildable than the studio skin. it's very sheer and doesnt really cover all blemishes. however, it really works to even out skintone and makes it a very natural coverage; a your skin but better kind of feel.

if you're thinking about trying out this product i highly encourage BUT you should go ahead and just buy the MAC face and body foundation because it turns out both have the exact same formula AND is actually cheaper than smashbox. i'm in the UK and i got the bb water for 27 pounds but 120ml (4 times the product!) of MAC face and body is only 29 pounds. so go get the mac!

on 3/11/2017 4:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have been using this product for about 1 year and a half. I LOVE this foundation because it blends into my skin so effortlessly dosnt leave streaks or harsh blotches gives me a full and flawless coverage. I Loved how it is a water based foudation and not so rich and creamy but nurishes my skin type which is oily so i am usually quite hesitant on what i do put on my face everyday, with this product i can apply it without worrying about congestion. I even brought a shade lighter than my skin colour and still blended well into my skin unlike other products i found it would often leave me verry pale and gosht looking. But i was still able to wear it confidently! I also love the spf added into this i lobe love love it!
I wish it was maybe a little bit cheaper however the price wouldnt stop me from re-purchasing.

😀

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

One of the women's magazines touted this product for those of us who find foundation and even tinted moisturizer too heavy. This is like superlight foundation and gives a nice glow to my dry skin. I apply with fingers over moisturizer and will experiment with a brush and sponge to see which I like best. The medium/dark is the perfect match for my complexion; not reddish or yellowish, completely disappears on my skin. BIG thumbs up!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The colour is beautiful once I apply on my face on the morning , it looks fresh and natural but in the afternoon my face starts to turn out greasy , dirty and oily !! There are better alternatives in the market .

on 9/6/2016 1:24:00 PM

I wanted to love this. I have oily combination skin with large pores and was told this would be a good match. The shade they matched me with was actually perfect and using a blender sponge it went on beautifully. It felt like powder but was not completely matte. It also didn't feel like I had anything on. So far a win!

A few hours later my face got really oily and the foundation was sitting on top, kind of yellow like. It also made my pores look even larger. Very disappointing. I tried it for a few days and it never got any better. I do note that it did not cause me to break out. So that's something.

I think someone with normal skin who doesn't get oily throughout the day might have better success. I'll have to stick with my laura mercier powder.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Decided to try this as I picked it up on sale and I think it's ok, it takes more than "just a few drops" for me to apply because my skin is super dry. I applied it over a little face oil (after all, the Smashbox primer oil is pretty much just an overpriced facial oil blend) and it did spread further, but I still needed about 8 - 10 drops to do my whole face.
It wears quite well, doesn't shift or transfer, and even holds up decent under a little sweating. I won't be buying it again though because the dropper bottle is a bit of a pain because I am always going back for a few more drops than what the dropper will give. I just don't think I'm getting out of it everything it says. I would rather use the cc cream and will be buying it in the future.