Clarins Mission Perfection Serum

Clarins Mission Perfection Serum
Mission Perfection Serum

2.3

on 9/9/2017 2:44:00 PM

I've used two 1.7 oz sized bottles ($98 each) before I evaluated the results. I use this serum day and night, and I make sure to use sunscreen every morning as instructed.

Now that I've finished using the serum, my dark spots are there as they were before I started using the product, and my acne scars slightly lightened.
I have active breakouts that leave post-inframatory hyperpigmentation. Using this serum concurrently didn't help with lessening hyperpigmentation from acne.

The product is moisturizing and absorbs easily. The luminous skin this serum helps you achieve comes from the color of the serum. In other words, any effect this product seems to have is cosmetic.

Oh how I regret the time spent using this serum and the $196 that I wasted. I might have been better off using a cheaper serum.

on 2/11/2017 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I started using this product two months ago and it cleared up a majority of my dark spots. I also have a very nice glow to my skin now. It inspired me to try out more Clarins products because this just might be the product line that completely clears my skin for my desired look. It smells good, goes on smooth but I use it with my moisturizer; It is quite pricey but I ran out and went right back for another bottle.. totally worth it!

After using this mission perfecting serum for about a month, I've seen ZERO difference in my skin. It's pretty pricey ($68CAD), but not completely outrageous for a spot correcting serum if it actually did something for my skin. I would have thought that it would at least be hydrating, even if it could not deliver on promise of luminous skin, but it's just a really light useless cream that doesn't even hydrate. Complete waste of money, don't buy this.

on 8/2/2016 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This made my face turn bright red and it felt like it was swelling. I do not have particularly sensitive skin so I was ready to, I thought, tolerate the fragrance and alcohols present. After cleansing, toning, I put a miniscule amount on my face and had to wash it off, after toughing out the stinging for some hours. The fragrance is also sickly and cloying. Do yourself a favour and buy something else.

on 6/19/2016 11:31:00 AM

I have been using this for over a month, in the beginning every other day and now every day, and I cannot say that it has made mind-blowing difference in my skin. I thought I was the only one with disappointing experience, but I am so glad to read the other (similar reviews).

Let's start off with the fact that it takes an extraordinary amount to apply to my entire face and neck (3 - 4 pumps) because the darn thing would absorb into my skin very easily (at least during the colder, drier, months it would do that). Maybe that's a good thing (less silicones, or less skin clogging emollients)? However, that doe not make it very economical - and this product is ridiculously expensive (~USD99, I think).

Secondly, the instructions say to pat the product onto the skin, which I think is a ridiculous proposition because it is not possible to get an even application this way.

Thirdly, I do not think it has a made a real difference in my skin. It has not accomplished a whole lot in removing/reducing my acne scars and/or small hyperpigmentation. (Isn't this part of its claim? -- it claims to be "anti-tache"/anti-dark-spot). Also, I don't think it works well to remove wrinkles either - the box and insert describes it also to be anti-wrinkle, though I may be wrong. I notice that it works well enough to plump up and smooth out the skin a little (though, I don't have wrinkles, maybe unfortunate fine lines/uneven texture). It also works well enough to make skin glow a bit, but this is about it.

Before reading others' reviews, I was actually feeling grief over the results. What a waste of money :(.

on 4/13/2016 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

It feels nice when you first apply this serum. Gives fresh look and glow but it made me break out. So i had to stop using it.

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

this product irritate my skin, I got more pimples and red spots. my skin began to itch and it was only after I had used the product for 2 weeks. However, I was i thought the irritation was perhaps caused by stress, but no! it was the product, it did webbing the opposite and got several black spots and pimples....

on 10/7/2015 8:58:00 PM

This product made my skin burn into a crimson crisp. I was even trying to be careful by doing a patch test on both my hand and my face. The third time I put it all over my face thinking it would brighten my skin and reduce hyper pigmentation. This happened nearly a week ago, and my skin still isn't back to normal. Everything irritates it now.

on 9/25/2015 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I have used this product for about a month now, and I love it :) It fits well into my skin regime ATM. The serum seems nourishing, smells good, and goes on smoothly! I feel that it really ''clears'' up my skin and gives my face a great glow :) It is very expensive, but I actually believe it's worth the money.

on 7/25/2015 2:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product claims a lot: skin radiance, anti-blemish action, combatting hyperpigmentation and dark spots.

I have used it for about 2 months now, but my hyperpigmentation is still there (I even have the impression it has become slightly worse than before using the product).

It is a nice serum though, nice texture, nourishing...
But does not do anything for discoloration (at least not for me) and that was the reason why I bought it after all.

Disappointing. Will keep looking for a product that serves me better.